Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2011   #1
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Am I the only one concerned about next two games

It seems as though team and fans think next two games are gimmies. I don't see that at all. If we go out flat like last game we could easily lose one of them. I think if Texans win both they have a good chance of getting a bye. Just like last game they seem to be taking this one for granted. No NFL team can just go out and play flat and expect to win. Just ask the Packers. Just my opinion.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #2
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Am I the only one concerned about next two games

No one in their right mind should take any team/game for granted.

The guys on the other team want to win too.

Even the Colts
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes gafftop, you literally the only Texans fan that is worried about the next two games. You forward thinker you.
Old 12-21-2011   #4
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

yes--it's just you.........., unless they have Cam Newton.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #5
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not concerned, really. We SHOULD be able to blow these teams out of the water. I'll become concerned when we come up against a more competitive team than these two.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
yes--it's just you.........., unless they have Cam Newton.

Or their other weapon, TJ Yates. Those interceptions were killer. He wasn't the only one at fault though. Kubiak kicking field goals in the 2nd half when the Texans were so far down was just plain dumb. Foster fumbling on the 1st drive was bad.

Kubiak better put his backup qbs in for a trial run to see what he has in live game action while it doesn't matter as much. Realistically the Texans don't have to win either of the next 2 games. It would help get a bye but they still have already clinched either way. I'm not saying bench Yates. Just play the backups a little now and see what they can do. If he waits until the playoffs and then at some desperate moment throws one of them out there it could be disasterous. Practice isn't the same and neither has played in the NFL this year. I'm only asking for a couple of drives each.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

really the colts wanna win with the risk of losing there number 1 pick
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2011   #8
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

The main thing I'm concerned about going into these last 2 games are the turnovers. The last 2 games have been terrible for us in this area. If you turn the ball over 3+ times against anyone you're not going to win very many games. You almost expect a rookie QB to make mistakes in his first few starts, but running backs like Foster and Tate should not be putting the ball on the ground as much as they have this year. 2 fumbles on the 2nd play of the game in 4 games is unacceptable. Both of those led to Touchdowns as well.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Or their other weapon, TJ Yates. Those interceptions were killer. He wasn't the only one at fault though. Kubiak kicking field goals in the 2nd half when the Texans were so far down was just plain dumb.
umm.. if we had scored a td there instead of yates 2nd int its a 1 score game and we had all the momentum. the fact the offence was putting up points (even fgs) everytime the D stopped had reversed all of the panthers momentum back to us and they were getting ropey. nothing wrong with the fg decisions imo
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The next two games are DIVISION games, so YES, I'm worried. Even though we've won the division, those two teams would LOVE to brag about beating us and claiming our "good" year was just a fluke! SCREW UM!!! I hope we FINALLY get a shut out with both teams!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Not worried about the Dolts at all. They go down. The Titans might rear up and embarrass us though. And I say that in spite of the Dolts beating the Titans this weekend.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I just remember how good our sorry teams played in December to make us think the next year was going to be better. So yeah, I'm a bit worried. We beat the Colts with a Kris Brown FG on Dec 24th when they went the Colts went to the Super Bowl that year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #13
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I never like to take any opponent fro granted.
"On any given Sunday" is proof of that.
The Colts have tatsed winning and want that taste again.
The Titans are trying tro go out with a bang and are mad at losing to the Colts and may show off Locker. Plus Finnegan may be playing for his job.
Both of these neeed to be played with our highest level of intensity and mistake free to win out.
Oh and like GMA said, they are division games which count toward our seeding.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm concerned. With the way we played this past Sunday I'm not sure how you can't be concerned. We were even soundly beaten on defense.

Plus, we've never beaten the Colts at their place.
Old 12-21-2011   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
No one in their right mind should take any team/game for granted.

The guys on the other team want to win too.

Even the Colts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Not worried about the Dolts at all. They go down. The Titans might rear up and embarrass us though. And I say that in spite of the Dolts beating the Titans this weekend.
Obsi worries about you, Thorn!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
It seems as though team and fans think next two games are gimmies. I don't see that at all. If we go out flat like last game we could easily lose one of them. I think if Texans win both they have a good chance of getting a bye. Just like last game they seem to be taking this one for granted. No NFL team can just go out and play flat and expect to win. Just ask the Packers. Just my opinion.
I'm worried, but I'm not.

We've got the division, we're in the play-offs. 1st round bye would be sweet, but it's not the most important thing on our plate right now.

The most important thing is for us to get our game plan down pat... we need to be perfect executing our game plan.

I don't care if the coaches think we're closer to the Super Bowl by putting Delhomme or Garcia in the game & getting them up to speed or if we're better off going with Tj Yates. All I care, is that they make the decision & move forward with the Super Bowl, winning the Super Bowl, in mind.

I am not going to start nit-picking every decision the Texans make at this point.

& I definitely don't buy this, "taking things for granted" crap... two teams take the field every Sunday & while the Panthers weren't playing for the play-offs, they had plenty to play for.
Old 12-21-2011   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or their other weapon, TJ Yates. Those interceptions were killer. He wasn't the only one at fault though. Kubiak kicking field goals in the 2nd half when the Texans were so far down was just plain dumb.
Really?

I'd take those FGs. Had we scored on that INT drive, we're down by 8. Get another stop out of your defense, & we're on a potentially game tying drive.

We weren't very successful in the first half, I'd take those FGs, those little successes, & move on.

Quote:
Kubiak better put his backup qbs in for a trial run to see what he has in live game action while it doesn't matter as much. Realistically the Texans don't have to win either of the next 2 games. It would help get a bye but they still have already clinched either way. I'm not saying bench Yates. Just play the backups a little now and see what they can do. If he waits until the playoffs and then at some desperate moment throws one of them out there it could be disasterous. Practice isn't the same and neither has played in the NFL this year. I'm only asking for a couple of drives each.
I think the next two games are "practice" for the play-offs. Like I said earlier, they need to go ahead & make up their minds how they want to go forward.

I do not agree with throwing Delhomme or Garcia out there just to "see what they got" If they don't know in practice that those two guys are a better option than Tj they need to stay on the side lines.

Go with your first team, find as many things that need to be "fixed" & fix them.
Old 12-21-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'm concerned. With the way we played this past Sunday I'm not sure how you can't be concerned. We were even soundly beaten on defense.

Plus, we've never beaten the Colts at their place.
I think that may be overstating things there.

They didn't run the ball the way they like to, except for that last drive where we're trying to strip the ball instead of tackling. Cam's rating was up there, but he didn't have a good day throwing the ball (no turnovers, but other than that, 56% completion, 6.5 yard average)

If not for the turnovers & short fields, we'd have had another nice day defensively. They scored 14 points on turnovers & another cost us 7 points. Score could've been 20-14 Houston.

I know it wasn't, just saying the defense & the running game did what they were supposed to do. The turnovers killed us.
Old 12-21-2011   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I see us winning our final two games, but losing the playoff game.

Flame me, I don't care.

Indy is a weak sister, and we beat up weak sisters even with Yates at QB.

We got the Titans at home, and they will lay down and die.

First playoff game will be close, but our inexperience in the playoffs (the nerves and the anxiousness) will sink in and be our demise.

And even if that happens, I'll be happy with this season. The AFC South title and a playoff game, IMO, makes me satisfied with the direction of the Texans. Anything more is icing on the cake for me.
Old 12-21-2011   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
First playoff game will be close, but our inexperience in the playoffs (the nerves and the anxiousness) will sink in and be our demise.
Being at home should help some of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
And even if that happens, I'll be happy with this season. The AFC South title and a playoff game, IMO, makes me satisfied with the direction of the Texans. Anything more is icing on the cake for me.
Not at all. No way.

We clinched the division 2 weeks ago. The last three games of the year should have been (should be, concerning the last two) about positioning & preparing this team to win those games.

I'm never going to turn my back on the Texans. I'm never going to gripe, *****, whine, & moan about "bad seasons" "inept coaches" & things like that.

But the Super Bowl is the expectation. Always has been. It's a shame that Kubiak doesn't have Andre, Mario, & Schaub in the line up, but he overcame all that & got us in the play-offs.

He's going into the play-offs knowing what he's got, time to do some coaching.

That said, I'll celebrate our first play-off game, just like I celebrated our first 9 win season. But there should be no parades until we win the AFC Championship game then again when we win the Super Bowl.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read