Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2005   #1
tacoman_j
Veteran

Default rob rang on new texans

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/draft/index.html

Quote:
The Rang Review
by Warren DeLuca
HoustonProFootball.com

Did the Texans make the right moves on draft day, and have they added enough talent to make the jump from also-ran to a team to be reckoned with? Only time will tell, but the speculation is well underway among the Houston faithful. Not wanting to be left out, we asked Rob “Boomer” Rang of NFLDraftScout.com for his thoughts on the Texans’ fourth draft and other recent moves as they gear up for what they hope will be their first run at the playoffs.
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005   #2
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Thumbs up

Great article
Old 04-30-2005   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
Great article
It was a good interview and article. Rang is a little confused though calling a guy almost 10 lbs lighter (Morency--Morency is either the same height or one inch taller depending on where you look) slightly bigger than DD.
Old 04-30-2005   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

His assesment sounds reasonable.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005   #5
TexansJunkE
Veteran

never heard of the guy, but I have to agree wth everything he said. Good article
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel like such a loser!!!!! I didn't even know this website existed!!!! Great link!!!! I'll probably be busy reading for a few days, so I won't be around to bore, aggravate people with MHO's
Old 05-02-2005   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Dig this quote...
Quote:
Rang: Trading away from Derrick Johnson wasn't a big surprise to us, as we had heard the Texans had several players higher on their board than the former Longhorn. Adding collegiate defensive tackle Travis Johnson over the seemingly classic 3-4 defensive end Marcus Spears, however, is a decision that could define the Texans 2005 draft. No one is denying Johnson's talent. He proved to be the nation's most unstoppable defensive tackle last season and has the athleticism and size to make the transition to the 3-4 defensive end or remain inside at nose tackle. Most teams had Spears ranked higher than Johnson. That said, Charley Casserly is among the top talent scouts in this business. Most teams had DeAngelo Hall ranked higher than Dunta Robinson, too.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-02-2005   #8
wiley2002
Veteran

Quote:
That said, Charley Casserly is among the top talent scouts in this business.
Too bad these "FIRE C.C." people don't see it that way. Be sure to check out what I dug up on my post "Old News Never Dies" for all you Dallas haters.

Last edited by wiley2002; 05-02-2005 at 11:02 AM.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #9
cadahnic
All Pro

I think those are people that dont really know football. I liked DJ and thought he would have an excellent career with us, but I was not mad at the pick of TJ who is very good and addresses a division of our defense that we have not pursued in FA. The article was ok, but he did not talk about how we did not address certain areas that we needed to or the fact that the pick up of Morency in the third round might have been to high. Hopefully he is right about the 9-7 mark because I see us with another 7-9 season. Just dont thing enough got done for the now, but for the future we are looking good as soon as Gary Walker is gone.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #10
wiley2002
Veteran

If you don't recall, he said the Texans already addressed the LB issues. Drafting DJ would have been like us drafting another WR when we already have like 100 or so already.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read