Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2011   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: A.J. sounds like he is ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
AJ's mouth said one thing and his body told him another ..... Its evident from the subsequent injury that he should have been on the field - CND even warned of such a possibility.
I don't think so. All of CnD's warnings were about an amount of explosiveness Aj may never have again, as the result of one of his hamstring muscles being surgically removed from his knee.

It was not attached, there was no chance of re-injury.

Aj's current condition affects his other leg. Possibly caused by over-compensating for the "lack of power" in the previously injured leg. There's no way (I don't believe) this could have been predicted with such accuracy. Sitting out for an extra week might have could have postponed it... but for all we know, he sat out "an extra week"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
With or without AJ their playoff seeding is pretty much set at the 3 spot .... No reason to take the chance a second time.
They can afford to sit him an extra week and not risk anything.
You play to win the game...... HELLO!!

Not putting your best players on the field is indicative of bad coaching. Putting unhealthy players on the field indicates the same.
Old 12-21-2011   #42
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
You missed the point of him running and cutting and stopping and starting and all of that stuff long before he played again. He wasn't just thrown out there and they said, "ok, let's see if you can run." He'd been running. If you are out there doing it all in your rehab, then doing it all in practice, then you're ready to go.
You think his practice sessions mimic a real game day situation where he's trying to elude a pursuing defensive back, or trying to stretch out all the way (in stride) to catch a ball or get more YAC on the play? I doubt he's taking those risks in practice sessions.

Drills/practice vs. game day action = Different type of strain on your body.
Old 12-22-2011   #43
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 80305 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
this is the first chance in A.J.'s nine years as a Texan that he has the opportunity to play in the postseason.
This is a good point and I guess I did not think of it this way, having said that I am not sure worrying about one players feelings is much of a team attitude.

Do not get me wrong I LOVE Dre and want as much any of you for him to be able to play his first playoff game after sticking with us when he did not have to. AJ is without a doubt THE FACE of the Houston Texans.

I liken Dre's injury to building a racing engine, or any engine for that matter. You do not take the time to balance and blueprint the crank and rods, port the intake to fit the heads perfectly, port and polish the heads, etc, then assemble it and during it's first start, rev it to it's maximum RPM. An engine must be broken in at a lower RPM for so many hours before stressing it to the maximum, or you risk spinning the bearings, thus burning up the engine.

Expecting Dre to go maximum RPM in that first playoff game without a break in period is asking too much IMHO, and is just as risky as playing him against the Titans. If he is healthy... get him in the game for limited reps.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #44
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You think his practice sessions mimic a real game day situation where he's trying to elude a pursuing defensive back, or trying to stretch out all the way (in stride) to catch a ball or get more YAC on the play? I doubt he's taking those risks in practice sessions.

Drills/practice vs. game day action = Different type of strain on your body.
No, I said he was running with it to where everyone, meaning Texans powers that be not message board posters, said he was good to go. And unless he plays in a game, he never gets that game day action, so your point doesn't much sense. He won't have had game day action when the playoffs start either, if you hold him out 'til then, so by your logic he'll never be ready.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post

Expecting Dre to go maximum RPM in that first playoff game without a break in period is asking too much IMHO, and is just as risky as playing him against the Titans. If he is healthy... get him in the game for limited reps.
If the man is healthy, I'm starting him tonight (I know he's already ruled out, but if he was healthy). I'm putting him in at the start of the game, I'm probably going to have him take 2 or 3 snaps in that first series.

Then I'm putting him on the bike. If the next offensive series goes for 5 or 6 plays, I'll stick him in the game for 1 or 2. Then it's back on the bike until after half time.

I'll take that approach for the remainder of this game & the Titan's game... come play-offs, I'm expecting every one of those guys to give 120%, leave it all on the field & that includes Aj

Super Bowl or bust.
Old 12-22-2011   #46
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 80305 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If the man is healthy, I'm starting him tonight (I know he's already ruled out, but if he was healthy). I'm putting him in at the start of the game, I'm probably going to have him take 2 or 3 snaps in that first series.

Then I'm putting him on the bike. If the next offensive series goes for 5 or 6 plays, I'll stick him in the game for 1 or 2. Then it's back on the bike until after half time.

I'll take that approach for the remainder of this game & the Titan's game... come play-offs, I'm expecting every one of those guys to give 120%, leave it all on the field & that includes Aj

Super Bowl or bust.
Sounds like a solid approach... too bad that is not what Kubiak will do.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read