Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2011   #1
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 2447 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A.J. sounds like he is ready.

Listening to the podcast last night, it sounds like AJ is ready to play and MAYBE Kubes is holding him back. It would be nice to see him back and healthy at least one game before the playoffs start, just to get rid of any cobwebs or rust so to speak.

http://old.houstontexans.com/news/Po...UTO=Y&EID=1808

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A.J. sounds like he is ready.

I would rather have him sit for the extra time and get really healthy. But either way, I look forward to having him as a target for Yates again. Not having a deep threat hurts.
Old 12-20-2011   #3
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty sure even if we rolled AJ on the field in a rascal scooter he would still draw double coverage. More important to have him healthy for playoffs, but if he truly is ready then lets get him back and work on the in game chemistry between him and Yates.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know whether its worse for him to go from nothing to playoffs or to have him risk getting injured in somewhat meaningless games before the playoffs.

The way I look at it, if he is really and truly 100% healthy, he should be back on the field working back in to game shape. You can't miss the majority of the season and come back and be on your game.

Developing timing with yates, getting in to game shape, working on route running (he looked sloppy last time we saw him), etc are all key
Old 12-20-2011   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Lots left to play for! Send him out there the second he feels ready.
Old 12-20-2011   #6
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I don't know whether its worse for him to go from nothing to playoffs or to have him risk getting injured in somewhat meaningless games before the playoffs.

The way I look at it, if he is really and truly 100% healthy, he should be back on the field working back in to game shape. You can't miss the majority of the season and come back and be on your game.

Developing timing with yates, getting in to game shape, working on route running (he looked sloppy last time we saw him), etc are all key
These aren't meaningless games... I think it would be a huge help if we can get that 1st round bye. It would be even bigger if we can play the Pats, Ravens, or Steelers at home.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80525 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather him see some game action before he goes to the playoffs cold.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2011   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Suit him up.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #9
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather sit him until the Titans game. It's all about getting our team healthy for when it counts. Our offense will be just fine against the Colts.

As for wanting home games in the playoffs, it doesn't concern me as much. We've been decent on the road, the only game I could think of that was a poor showing was the Ravens game, but we took the Bengals out on their turf in a very important game for them, and also kept up with the Saints in probably the toughest place to play at.

This team thrives on the road, so having a healthy team means a little more to me.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Perfect opportunity to get him some reps (not too many) so he can get his timing back. Then he can take advantage of next week being a "long week" to recover.

Then, again limit his reps against the Tinnbreds but work him in moreso than this upcoming Thursday night game. Voila! Ready for the playoffs.

All of that is out the window though, if he's not 100% ready right now.
Old 12-20-2011   #11
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
I'd rather sit him until the Titans game. It's all about getting our team healthy for when it counts. Our offense will be just fine against the Colts.

As for wanting home games in the playoffs, it doesn't concern me as much. We've been decent on the road, the only game I could think of that was a poor showing was the Ravens game, but we took the Bengals out on their turf in a very important game for them, and also kept up with the Saints in probably the toughest place to play at.

This team thrives on the road, so having a healthy team means a little more to me.
I guess I am selfish, but I want to go to the games and be part of the home field advantage.
Old 12-20-2011   #12
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I would rather him see some game action before he goes to the playoffs cold.
Me too, maybe 2nd half against the Titans.
Old 12-20-2011   #13
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
These aren't meaningless games... I think it would be a huge help if we can get that 1st round bye. It would be even bigger if we can play the Pats, Ravens, or Steelers at home.
Exactly right. Getting a bye = winning a 1st round game without having to play it. These last 2 games are huge. The playoffs have started and the Texans are trying to advance to round 2 right now.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #14
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Normally, I'd say suit him up as soon as possible, so he can help us chase the #1 seed, but at this point, I'd sit him until the playoffs for one very nonsensical reason.

After all AJ has meant to this team, he deserves to run out on Reliant field in a playoff game. We have one guaranteed home playoff game, so I say sit him, and keep him healthy until he can take the field in his first playoff game.

I'd feel like complete shyte if I made the decision to run him out there early, and he got hurt and missed that opportunity.
That's what I'd do for AJ, but the funny thing is, AJ is a freakin player, and I bet he'd be pissed if the coach did it that way if he is ready to go earlier.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #15
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

No way you play him in this game. We should be able to run all over the Colts without him.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

The Texans should win the next two games without AJ.
Old 12-20-2011   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
The Texans should win the next two games without AJ.
We were 10-3 before we played the 4-9 Panthers. We had the #1 defense, a top 10 offense & the best running game (arguably) in the league.

& we lost.

We lost, because the team that took the field Sunday was not a 10-3 team, at best we were a 2-0 team playing the 4-9 Panthers.

Going to Indy, we're a 2-1 team playing the 1-0 Colts.
Old 12-20-2011   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We were 10-3 before we played the 4-9 Panthers. We had the #1 defense, a top 10 offense & the best running game (arguably) in the league.

& we lost.

We lost, because the team that took the field Sunday was not a 10-3 team, at best we were a 2-0 team playing the 4-9 Panthers.

Or we just came upon the first team in a while that had (at that particular time) a good AND balanced AND well-thought out defensive AND offensive attack.........one that proved superior to the one we thought we had.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Or we just came upon the first team in a while that had (at that particular time) a good AND balanced AND well-thought out defensive AND offensive attack.........one that proved superior to the one we thought we had.
OR...

Our defense didn't play particularly well in the first half and our offense turned the ball over too often.... Shite happens. Is there anyone out there that believes the Panters are a better team than the Texans? Prolly not!!!

KC loves the fact that we're all in turmoil....

Signed,
We just beat the Packers.
Old 12-20-2011   #20
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

& we lost.

I prefer 0-0 and looking for a win.

I think getting that first round bye and home field would be huge for the team.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read