Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-21-2011   #21
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Staying in your seats

I kinda take the win-win approach. I balance food and drink so that I don't need to use the restroom until the two minute warning. That is to get ahead of the crowd, and I return and stand on the concessions area until halftime then return to my seat. I purchase my beer late in the third quarter and sip until game ends. I like to stand during key plays in the game and do so but will sit after the play if the people behind me remain seated.

There was a new family seated behind me at the Falcons game which was very exciting. The IMO older lady was seated clutching her purse and looking absolutely miserable. After glancing several times and seeing the same expression, I was fortunate enough to see the two aisle seats on my row empty, and I moved down. If those seats would not have been available, I would have stood during the usual plays although it would have been somewhat distracting because my mind would have been on the game and the lady. If the fans would have been younger then I wouldn't have been as conscious of their feelings because they would know that from high school on, folks stand up a lot at games.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #22
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
It sounds to me like you don't belong at football games than, and your sofa at home is a better place. Who are you to expect others not to be able to go get a beer or a refreshment whenever they choose after paying over a hundred bucks at a game?? You remind me of those people who get upset because you want to stand at a game and not sit down the entire time.

When I go to football games I come and go as I please. I paid for my ticket, and leaving the row is not rude. When I go to a game, I can usually expect

* to have other fans coming and going in my aisle where i have to get up and let them by.

* I can expect to probably have beer spilled on me by the people sitting behind and above me. (Stuff like that happens at football games)

* I can expect to stand even if I don't want to, because the fans in front of me want to stand. (If I want to sit the entire time, than I can pony up the extra cash and buy myself a ticket in the front row.)

* I can expect to hear some really loud and obnoxious fan that yells the entire time with a weird voice.

* I can expect to sit next to some really fat guy whose arm takes up two arm rests. (It happens at times.)

If you can't handle or deal with these conditions, than going to an NFL football game is simply something you shouldn't partake in. There are like 75,000 fans at football games and they all paid for their ticket just like you did. Everyone doesn't want to be lazy and sit down the entire time for 3 hours. People drink beer and they need to use the restroom, they get hungry,(Everyone doesn't tailgate and eat before games), people sometimes have friends in other sections they visit, and people take smoke breaks from their seats. It's pretty inconsiderate to expect everyone to view and partake in their game experience the same way that you do.

You're right.
The true fans are almost better staying at home.

I go to watch football. I don't go to drink beer. I don't go to fraternize with my friend in a different section.

I'm from the old school of get your ass in your section 90 minutes before kickoff. Go to the restroom before the game and then stay in your seat for 3 hours until it is time to go home.

You can always tell the newbies that don't have a clue as to how how to behave at a football game.
Old 12-22-2011   #23
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont mind people getting up, we sit on the aisle in SEC 637, BUT!!!! wait till the play is over!
Someone who wants to walk in front of me during a play, will be waiting.
And while we are on the subject, last week I had 2 goofballs tell us to sit down when we were standing up and hollering when we were on defense.
GET OVER IT!
Go Texans!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011   #24
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
You're right.
The true fans are almost better staying at home.

I go to watch football. I don't go to drink beer. I don't go to fraternize with my friend in a different section.

I'm from the old school of get your ass in your section 90 minutes before kickoff. Go to the restroom before the game and then stay in your seat for 3 hours until it is time to go home.

You can always tell the newbies that don't have a clue as to how how to behave at a football game.
90 minutes? I don't know how that's old school? You should still be tailgating or your missing out.

I think you should mange your expectations. You're at a stadium, dealing with crowds should be expected.

I go and come as I please and will continue to do so. That said, I try not to miss any football action if at all possible, I do my best to be polite to all those around me to not negatively impact their experience and don't move around during a play. And I pretty much stand during the game except during timeouts, long delays, etc.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read