Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2011   #21
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pick your favorite complaint and get it out of your system

Andre's hamstrings...they're realing starting to piss me off. What up hamstrings? Quit hamstringing this team already!!!
Old 12-19-2011   #22
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ain't it curious? We have seen injuries to the most important pieces of the puzzle all year long and sailed right thought like a warm summer day. A coach goes down and it's 2010 all over again just-like-that.....lol.

Get well WADE!!! Love ya, call me.
Old 12-19-2011   #23
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166359 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Here's my thought. I want to take one thing I'm not happy about and just expound on that in this post. Things have been so good around here over the past seven weeks (in spite of all the injuries and adversity) that yesterday's loss didnt' even begin to put me in a funk BUT..... I noticed something that I want to ***** about. It's not something that's going to derail my whole season or start up a big Soap/No-Soap "war". It's just something I am sick and tired of seeing.
I know someone else took turnovers but I'd like to second that observation. Do you realize we only had 9 in the first ten games and we've had 8 in the four games since? And yesterday was the first game all season long where we didn't get at least one takeaway.

That's got to improve or we won't last long in the playoffs.

Red Zone efficiency is another pet peeve. One TD our of four trips into the red zone yesterday. That's not playoff team performance.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #24
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by since02 View Post
My complaint:

Jacoby Jones

This guy should not be a No.2 receiver... I don't understand why the coaching staff keeps rewarding him as a starter after so many drops and horrible attempts to make catches... this should be a major factor come draft time.
Yup.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #25
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I have some equally favorites

1) turf... y'all covered that

2) Jacoby Jones, someone tell him that HORIZONTAL yards are not counted on punt returns. He would be a perennial pro-bowler if they were.. his receiving is not very good and when he does make a catch. why does he jump up and pump his chest or wave his arms or something? oh yeah, thats right he is averaging about 1.9 catches a game for 32 y/g ... esp for a guy that is "#1" on the receiving depth chart.

I guess everyone has a whipping boy on the team and he has gotten on my list. so much potential wasted...

end of my rant.. iI guess it is because basically EVERYONE has stepped up and made plays on this team except the receiving corp.(WR's)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #26
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I have some equally favorites

1) turf... y'all covered that

2) Jacoby Jones, someone tell him that HORIZONTAL yards are not counted on punt returns. He would be a perennial pro-bowler if they were.. his receiving is not very good and when he does make a catch. why does he jump up and pump his chest or wave his arms or something? oh yeah, thats right he is averaging about 1.9 catches a game for 32 y/g ... esp for a guy that is "#1" on the receiving depth chart.

I guess everyone has a whipping boy on the team and he has gotten on my list. so much potential wasted...

end of my rant.. iI guess it is because basically EVERYONE has stepped up and made plays on this team except the receiving corp.(WR's)
This is my gripe with him as well. Also, can Jacoby let the ball go on punts when the ball is going near the 10 instead of going backwards and catching it.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #27
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
The lack of a deep passing attack and why the texans front office will not go after a real threat to help the wr corp for the playoffs.
I wish we had a better WR corp as well but for now there's nothing the front office can do to help them out, there are no elite WR's sitting on their couches waiting for the phone to ring. The trade deadline has passed. Who do you think is available that's real good and super cheap or free since we're real close to the salary cap?
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2011   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

What is the 49er's deep passing attack?
Old 12-20-2011   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

$7.50 beers really piss me off.

Even my *ahem* "places" that I frequent have the occasional happy hour. Why can't the first quarter be like "Happy Hour".... $3.00 domestics, $3.50 Foreign and $4.00 "you call it" well drinks??

Old 12-20-2011   #30
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Sad part about the turf situation is that Reliant will host a playoff game, and if the turf is a factor in the game, expect a backlash since it will be a national stage.

Seeing our star RB try to make a cut and fall on his butt is disheartening.
If that were to happen, that might be enough motivation to for the Texans to convert the field to the synthetic surface.
Old 12-20-2011   #31
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Child support pisses me off
2. People who dont use their blinkers while driving (you paid for them.)
3. Waiters and waitresses who expect a tip when the gratuity is already figured into the bill (i normally tip 25-30% but dont look at me like its expected.)
4. i have about 428 million bosses at work and sometimes what they want causes a conflict with another boss.
5. comercials
6. fast food drive thrus who get your order wrong no matter how simple the order.
7. ketchup on hamburgers pisses me off.
8. christmas lights in febuary piss me off.
9. the neighbors pack of wild dogs who bark all damn night piss me off.
10. tim tebow pisses me off.
11. standing in line while christmas shopping pisses me off.
12. working on christmas eve
13. working on christmas day
14. im technically off on christmas eve/ day but financially i dont have much choice if i want to catch up on bills.
15. the irs pisses me off.
16. english channels have closed captioning in spansih but ive never found spanish channels with closed captioning in english.
17. big hair bands from the 80's piss me off.
18. flat beer
19. quannel x (when you cry wolf to much people dont pay attention to the actual victims of racism.)
20. sunday i set my dvr to record the texans game and left the house at 1030-when i got home i realized the game mustve been broadcasted on fox cause all i got was extreme cbs holliday parade coverage.
21. tangled christmas lights piss me off.
22. connor barwin's vanilla ice hair cut pisses me off.
23. wade phillips kidneys piss me off.
24. arguments about kareem jackson piss me off.
25. giff nielson
26. jeremy shockey
27. this is probably the last christmas my 7 year old will believe in santa
28. alarm clocks
29. pregnant women who smoke
30. people who go shopping for an hour and leave their dog in the car.
31. al quada

i could go on forever but im starting to feel a little bit better. Thanks for the couch session.
Old 12-20-2011   #32
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not happy about.....

Garys not very good without Wade.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #33
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

The volume of commercials, which has got to be literally twice the volume of the shows they advertise on (or the videos, because, yes, this crap happens on the Net too). Newsflash, people get up and leave for the kitchen during commercials, because they don't want to hear them AND ARE NOT LISTENING NO MATTER HOW JET-ENGINE LOUD IT IS. IT'S JUST NOISE!

This has always been a problem, but it continues to get worse. Heck, I think they're going crappy on the volume of the shows now just so the extreme annoying-ness of the commercials will be more extremely annoying.

Some of us can't hear the commercials anyway, because they've made us deaf already.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
The volume of commercials, which has got to be literally twice the volume of the shows they advertise on (or the videos, because, yes, this crap happens on the Net too). Newsflash, people get up and leave for the kitchen during commercials, because they don't want to hear them AND ARE NOT LISTENING NO MATTER HOW JET-ENGINE LOUD IT IS. IT'S JUST NOISE!

This has always been a problem, but it continues to get worse. Heck, I think they're going crappy on the volume of the shows now just so the extreme annoying-ness of the commercials will be more extremely annoying.

Some of us can't hear the commercials anyway, because they've made us deaf already.
Volume of commercials in BOTH senses. A) Too LOUD and B) Too Voluminous...

Seriously?? After a score they go to commercial. Come back for the kick-off and then back to a commercial?? Really??
Old 12-20-2011   #35
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Volume of commercials in BOTH senses. A) Too LOUD and B) Too Voluminous...

Seriously?? After a score they go to commercial. Come back for the kick-off and then back to a commercial?? Really??
This is the genius of the DVR. Start watching the game about 45 minutes after kickoff. Fast forward through commercials. You end up synced with real time somewhere in the fourth quarter. You can then take a little break and let the DVR weed out some more commercials for you.

My son and I watched an entire Texans game in about an hour a few weeks ago.
Old 12-20-2011   #36
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Pick your favorite complaint and get it out of your system
Bacon is never cooked right at restaurants --- usually soggy.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #37
HollaIFyaHEMI
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This is the genius of the DVR. Start watching the game about 45 minutes after kickoff. Fast forward through commercials. You end up synced with real time somewhere in the fourth quarter. You can then take a little break and let the DVR weed out some more commercials for you.

My son and I watched an entire Texans game in about an hour a few weeks ago.
I could never do this...it is not the same. Plus yelling at my television gets through to them.

My complaint : People that disagree with me
HollaIFyaHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #38
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Same thing its been for a while, red zone efficiency.

Stop settling for FG's.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #39
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaIFyaHEMI View Post
I could never do this...it is not the same.
It's all in your mind...
Old 12-20-2011   #40
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

The people in front of me in line at McDs that complain about how slow the line is moving and then don't know what they want when its their turn.

When I type a response on my phone and it will not post.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read