Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2005   #21
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
How much of that $8 million needs to go towards the rookies?
Considering the number of draft picks and when they were taken, I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of $3.5 mill.

Last year the Texans rookie pool was $4.4 for seven draft picks (including two firsts) as compared to this year's six (with no second).

In addition to rookie pool you also have to budget for practice squad and IR allowance for the year, plus the 52nd and 53rd highest player salary which isn't included in the cap number until the season starts. They have ample wiggle room but it's not like they are being stingy. A post-June 1 signing or two isn't out of the question. They are looking for o-line help according to Casserly's comments the other day on 610.

Last edited by aj.; 04-30-2005 at 06:13 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005   #22
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwANDREtheBALL
I read somewhere that he's going to be released for sure......and the funny thing is that he was saying that he wants to play defensive end.........I'm not sure if that's cuz he's lost 50 pounds since he got hurt or what ?

But anyhow, even if he was 280 pounds, I'd still rather have him on our offensive line than some of the other guys........especially the guy the in the MIDDLE..........(not to say any names).........but, that guy that snaps the ball.

Another funny thing is, I'd probably rather give Turley a shot at Seth Payne's job too, I think Turley's crazy enough to be good on the D-line. But, if we did sign him as a Defensive player, I wouldn't pay him anything more than the minimum salary. And I'd probably put something in his contract stating that if he totally sucks on the D-line then he has to play on the O-line.

Why didn't we just draft ALEX BARRON when we had the chance?

And why didn't we go after DT Anntaj Hawthorne, he dropped to the sixth round, cuz of some POT smoking......hahahaha........what a joke, I think I'd rather have him playing high, than Payne playing on steroids.

We should sign DT Albert Means to a contract, I'd rather have him more than any of the other Undrafted free agents we already signed.........I don't care if he's slow, the guy is huge, and he would definitely fill up some gaps.
You my friend, might be the one on pot, are you joking me.. Kyle Turley is a helmet slinging joke, there is a reason a disfunctional team like the Rams are even getting rid of him, he has no more talent, he has a bad attitude, and i might be wrong but didnt him and martz get in some sort of scuffle or something??? Plus at 280 pounds, he wouldnt be able to last in our 3-4, he would need to be around 300 pounds, maybe a little less, Seth is like 295 or something like that... Alex Barron wasnt even considered the best Linemen in the draft, there were college players that stayed in school that were better then him, so look next year for a possible early linemen if our line doesnt work out. WHERE THE HELL DID YOU COME UP WITH SETH PAYNE ON STEROIDS!!!!! thats ridiculous, and basically makes your entire post noncredible, who will even listen to you after comments like these, is JJ Moses next?
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005   #23
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone know of any buzz about who will be released before July 1st that we would be willing to shell out$$$$ to?
Old 04-30-2005   #24
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
Anyone know of any buzz about who will be released before July 1st that we would be willing to shell out$$$$ to?
I believe Todd Sauerbrun (sp?) of the Panthers is likely to be cut soon, and perhaps Nate Webster the MLB of the Bengals if they reach an injury settlement. Don't think we'd be interested in either of those guys though.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005   #25
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to line those 2 up alphabetically, by diminishing returns. LOL

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read