Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2011   #21
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116054 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster needs to Step Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
The texans HAVE to find a vertical game

Ugh didn't catch my mispelling
This. This. THIS!

Did we even take a 30+ shot downfield today? What good is play action if you can not stretch the defense.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #22
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
It's kind of narrow-minded to put this loss on one guy. The whole team played bad today. Third down went horribly on offense and defense. We only converted 2 of 9 chances while our D let the Panthers convert nine times in 14 tries. Steve Smith PWNED J. Jo today.

Carolina found the end zone three times in its first five possessions. Meanwhile we stumbled and sputtered in the red zone 3 times: 1st & goal at the 16 = FG; 1 & goal at the 7 = FG, 1st & goal at the 10 = INT.

We didn't do squat in the turnover dept. Weren't we on a streak of like 8-9 games with at least one takeaway? Didn't get a single one today.

But you say all that is Foster's fault?
....please

This was a collaborative fail.

Eggzaggly
Old 12-18-2011   #23
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
It's kind of narrow-minded to put this loss on one guy. The whole team played bad today. Third down went horribly on offense and defense. We only converted 2 of 9 chances while our D let the Panthers convert nine times in 14 tries. Steve Smith PWNED J. Jo today.

Carolina found the end zone three times in its first five possessions. Meanwhile we stumbled and sputtered in the red zone 3 times: 1st & goal at the 16 = FG; 1 & goal at the 7 = FG, 1st & goal at the 10 = INT.

We didn't do squat in the turnover dept. Weren't we on a streak of like 8-9 games with at least one takeaway? Didn't get a single one today.

But you say all that is Foster's fault?
....please

This was a collaborative fail.

I never said this loss is all Fosters fault. I am saying as the best offensive player on the Texans squad (without AJ) he can not be a liability and fumble the ball. He has to come out focused and lead this team offensivly to victory.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #24
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

This was a collective loss. IMO, not ONE part of the team made a playoff team level of effort. Special teams, Offense, Defense and Coaching were all sub standard and let's not forget that there was some pretty darn good play by the other team, in particular by a really talented young rookie on their side. I suspect Cam is going to be a MAJOR player for many years in this league and the Panther could be a playoff level team if they have an offseason like we did and get a major improvement in their Defense. They get the improvement like we did, look out NFC and NFL.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #25
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Have to stop turning the ball over. I'd take less yards from him if it meant he didn't fumble on the first drive of the game.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #26
RunTexans
Rookie

this is ridiculous, maybe you should check the stats for how many fumbles a RB has had in their first 3 seasons...

Adrian Peterson had 19
MJD had 6
Matt Forte had 6

Older:
Emmit Smith had 19
Walter Payton had 30!!
Barry Sanders had 19

its not all doom and gloom...get it together people...
RunTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #27
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, we should've fed Foster and Tate a lot more than we did. This is one of the only times I've questioned play-calling. We started gashing Carolina running the ball after a while and needed to stick to it.
Old 12-19-2011   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
This is like the AJ needs to step it up thread.
I think the "AJ needs to step it up thread"s were warranted. in 2009 Aj & Schaub stepped it up big time & led the team to 9-7. If they were to have rested on their stats, we more than likely would have been 8-8 or worse.

Aj barrelling his way into the endzone & dragging DBs & LBs for 4 & 5 yards was exactly what we needed.

Arian Foster single handedly put us in a hole 2 games in a row.

He had a great game after, but we've got a 5th round scout team QB taking us into the play-offs. We can't be satisfied with that, we need to be thinking Super Bowl & Arian Foster is going to have to step up his game.

Period.
Old 12-19-2011   #29
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian does need to step it up. Bottom line. Fumbling doesn't count as stepping up. That being said, Kubiak fell in love with his young QB yesterday and stopped running the ball. Our only TD was a result of us running the ball.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Arian does need to step it up. Bottom line. Fumbling doesn't count as stepping up. That being said, Kubiak fell in love with his young QB yesterday and stopped running the ball. Our only TD was a result of us running the ball.
I was waiting for a "blame Kubiak" thread. I agree he is as culpable as any of the players, but I won't go so far as say our game plan was completely off.

His job, as head coach, is to asses what happens in a game, adjust, & give us a chance to win.

To me, that game was over when Tj threw that Int with 7:25 left in the game. Had we scored there, it would have been 28-20. After that Int, we had no chance.

We had no answer for Cam Newton & the Carolina Panthers at that point, couldn't get them off the field, couldn't get one more possession much less 2.

Wade would have been helpful. Mario would have been helpful.
Old 12-19-2011   #31
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I was waiting for a "blame Kubiak" thread. I agree he is as culpable as any of the players, but I won't go so far as say our game plan was completely off.

His job, as head coach, is to asses what happens in a game, adjust, & give us a chance to win.

To me, that game was over when Tj threw that Int with 7:25 left in the game. Had we scored there, it would have been 28-20. After that Int, we had no chance.

We had no answer for Cam Newton & the Carolina Panthers at that point, couldn't get them off the field, couldn't get one more possession much less 2.

Wade would have been helpful. Mario would have been helpful.
I'm not blaming Kubiak. Just saying we went to Yates too many times. It was evident that if we applied our run game, which is what we did when the win streak was at 5 games, we probably could've started to wear that defense down. If anything, I figure this to be the game that we could afford to lose and in doing so there is nothing wrong with getting your 3rd stringer used to going back to pass. I also think that Owen Daniels didn't help much this game. Lots of dropped passes.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read