Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2011   #21
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55827 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What does T.J. need to work on in the weeks to come?

Andre is critical to this team, especially for spacing of the field.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #22
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Do you watch the same football games that I watch? You're not even close in your assessment bro. Have you ever played a single game of football?
Yes I have what college team did you play for man some of you guys hate to hear any opinion that ya'll dont agree with man you don't even know me and i'm being questioned if understand the game or played!!!! Yes I played in college what about position did you play make a real comment.
Old 12-19-2011   #23
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Red Zone!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #24
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Red Zone!
You know, I wonder why we didn't use that spread in the red zone more. When we've done that before even Schaub has been able to scramble into the endzone once the defenders take off to cover all five receivers. And Yates is faster and more nimble than Schaub. He should be able to pull that off. I was wondering why he didn't pump fake then make a break for the endzone when he threw that last pick.

I hope they see that during today's film breakdown.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #25
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i will agree with him about us being to dependant on A.J. We need to draft a true #1 in the draft. A.J will still be the #1 but look at what Atlanta has. Imagine that with our running game. We would be unstoppable.
That was my point and thanks for pointing this out we have no one who strikes fear in defenses other than Andre Johnson yes we can dink & dunk all day long and not put the ball in the end zone. Yes TJ made some mistakes he is a rookie he will throw picks that's what rookies do but the front office hasn't done anything to improve the passing game in the past 3 seasons we have been dealing with sub-par receivers other than Andre. They re-signed Kevin Walter & Jacoby Jones who both have failed to live up to there contracts and no threat down the field. Yes I agree TJ has a lot of work to improve he is in his rookie season and his 3rd start give the guys some time he has gone 3-1 in the past 4 weeks give him time to grow into the job.
Old 12-19-2011   #26
PHAROAH
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
I say make no changes to him starting. Thats how you make him second guess himself.

The guy needs to put up more points on the board if anything. These next two games will tell us if he can rebound and have a good game and score. If we struggle with the next two, and dont win by a couple of scores, I will be concerned going into the playoffs.

If you look at Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Ben Rothlesberger, Matt Ryan, and Eli Manning they all (especially Eli) Schuab(Texans Data exception) threw interceptions early in their career. Its what an inexperienced rookie does. And at the end of the day, its about the W. I dont care how it happens, just win.

Brady 1-2 in his first 3 games. http://www.pro-football-reference.co...To00/gamelog//

Flacco 2-1 http://www.pro-football-reference.co...Jo00/gamelog//

Rothlesberger 2-1 http://www.pro-football-reference.co...Be00/gamelog//

Ryan 2-1 http://www.pro-football-reference.co...Ma00/gamelog//

Eli 0-3 http://www.pro-football-reference.co...El00/gamelog//

Dilfer 0-3 http://www.pro-football-reference.co...00/super-bowl/

Schaub 2-1(Texans) http://www.pro-football-reference.co...Ma00/gamelog//
I agree give the man some time to grow he has gone 3-1 since he took over for Matt Leinart so yes he will make mistakes and throw some picks but give him a chance to grow guys goodness.

Old 12-19-2011   #27
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Decision making!

There are times his decisions are mind-boggling. The two picks are obviously dumb decisions, but there were many more. Throwing to a double covered OD, throwing OD directly into the defender, bouncing balls at the feet of the receivers, etc

An off-topic comment: We have got to get another WR in the off season. I didn't like it when we re-signed JJ and now I despise it even more. His hands aren't only tiny, they're stone.
Old 12-19-2011   #28
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

The issue we face is that we do not have time to let him grow, this is our playoff run and we need someone to lead this train....I like Yates still, but if he performs bad again on Thursday against a terrible Colts team we better think about switching qb's. We cannot go into the playoffs with a turnover machine at qb and expect to win games. It is a rough choice, but one that will have to be CONSIDERED.
Old 12-19-2011   #29
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 30419 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
We cannot go into the playoffs with a turnover machine at qb and expect to win games. It is a rough choice, but one that will have to be CONSIDERED.
Right. This means we should also consider benching Foster and Tate since they have both turned the ball over more than Yates.

How do you like the sound of going into the playoffs starting Derrick Ward and Cajun Jake at QB?

Same logic.

Geriatric crowd, take over!!
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #30
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: What does T.J. need to work on in the weeks to come?
Throwing the ball to open recievers not open defenders.
Old 12-19-2011   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I think this thread is a little harsh on Tj. Yes, there are things he needs to work on to become a better QB, but this game was not about Tj.

Are there some things Tj could have done to win the game? Yes. Did we lose the game because Tj didn't do those things? NO.

Carolina pulled our number & that's that. They went up 21 to nothing on the best defense in the league (the defense we expected to win these last 4 or 5 games of the season).

That was Arian Foster that fumbled on our first possession, not Tj Yates & our defense gave up that 26 yard TD pass.... that was #24 on Steve Smith..... Arian & Jjo, those were the guys we were expecting to lean on right here, not Tj.

Today, I saw Tj learn how much range LBs have in the NFL. He doesn't see that in practice, because our LBs do not display that much awareness or range in the passing game.

As a team, we've learned that we are not ready to piss in the wind & expect Tj to win games for us.

I still have as much confidence in Tj today, that I did after the Bengals game. I have less confidence, however, in this team.
Old 12-19-2011   #32
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he needs to work on winning. He was really good at winning the last couple games, but this one he just didn't do it. I don't know why, I think maybe he was distracted by something, maybe his parents not having good seats, or what to buy his girlfriend for Christmas, or maybe he went to Jack in the Box before the game and the 99 cent tacos just weren't sitting well with him. In any case, he needs to get back to winning more cause that's all that matters.
Old 12-19-2011   #33
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

reads.......read progression.....1st 2nd 3rd 4th........that just comes with practice......and game conditions........
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #34
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74835 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

After that terrible pick into triple coverage where it looked like our receiver was the 4th most likely person to catch it, when he went off the field he looked like a spoilt kid who had been told off by his parents.

When Kubiak went up to him looking pi$$ed the interaction was interesting, TJ never even made eye contact and kind of waved Kubiak off.

I might be reading to much into that interaction but not sure if that is him beating himself up or being dismissive of coaching or we just reading way to much into something little.

Anyone see that and have a take on it?
Old 12-19-2011   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
After that terrible pick into triple coverage where it looked like our receiver was the 4th most likely person to catch it, when he went off the field he looked like a spoilt kid who had been told off by his parents.

When Kubiak went up to him looking pi$$ed the interaction was interesting, TJ never even made eye contact and kind of waved Kubiak off.

I might be reading to much into that interaction but not sure if that is him beating himself up or being dismissive of coaching or we just reading way to much into something little.

Anyone see that and have a take on it?
I don't think he's being dismissive. Probably has that, "I know you told me not to do that." feel to it.
Old 12-19-2011   #36
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

DeAngelo Williams:

Quote:
“T.J. Yates has kind of been behind the eight ball starting this late in the season … whereas Cam … has gone through the ins and outs, the ups and downs to establish himself as a quarterback,” Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams said.
Link
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #37
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Why can't we call TJ a "gunslinger" and compare him to Brett Favre like the cowpokes fans did with Romo?

"Man, I like Romo, err, Yates because he just puts it out there. If he sees it he will throw it. He is a gunslinger. You know who he reminds me of? Brett Favre because you know he used to do the same thing. Yea that Romo, err Yates is a gunslinger. I like him. He's going to take the Cowboys, err, Texans all the way you just watch. "

Oh wait. We are smarter than that.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #38
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 123638 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I swear. If I ever meet Tony Kornheiser I will just laugh in his face (I couldn't justify a punch...lol).

On PTI a few minutes ago they were closing out the show and (of course) they do a quick statement about Yates and the Texans now that they have lost a game.

Kornheiser: "Where's all the Yates talk now?"

Um, TK, where was all the Yates talk before?

Fwiw, Wilbon said Yates is doing just fine and "you are doing just fine, Houston."

Hell, even that 15 seconds came after they talked about a monkey riding a dog. F that guy.
Old 12-19-2011   #39
kingh99

It looked like he was aiming the ball instead of throwing without thinking.

He's afraid to sail the ball so he's aiming it and that won't work.
Old 12-20-2011   #40
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he needs to work on 3 things:

1. Presnap recognition of the defense, but this will only come with experience and alot of film study.
2. Progression of his WR's needs to be faster and more thorough.
3. Accuracy.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read