Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2011   #101
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Shockey calls out Texans - they don't love America!

nevermind.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #102
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shockey calls out Texans - they don't love America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post

Snope'd long ago:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...s/lefthand.asp
Old 12-19-2011   #103
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It is possible that some NFL players were not born and raised in America. Not sure if there are any on the Texans, but that may have something to do with it. Okoye was born in Nigeria, and I wouldn't expect him to have his hand over his heart for the anthem.

This brings up an interesting point.
Even if you are foreign born or raised if you are in the USA you need to show the proper respect.
As many have stated I don't think you have to have your hand over your heart you just should be respectful by being quiet and standing still.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #104
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Never saw this coming.

A pissing match over who and who doesn't love America.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #105
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Shockey's obviously still pissed DeMeco whooped that ass a couple years ago. Grudge much?
Quote:
(on his touchdown catch) “It was a simple play and I guess what’s his name, Ryans, DeMeco Ryans, what’s his name? DeMeco Ryans couldn’t make the play and it was an easy touchdown. Again, this offense in my opinion is very hard to learn and as a defensive player you have to be on or someone will be open as I was and Cam [Newton] did a good job of finding people open.”
yep
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #106
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Never saw this coming.

Yeah, I guess Shockey probably accomplished what he wanted.

F you Shockey!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #107
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
This brings up an interesting point.
Even if you are foreign born or raised if you are in the USA you need to show the proper respect.
As many have stated I don't think you have to have your hand over your heart you just should be respectful by being quiet and standing still.
So if you attended a hockey game between an American and Canadian team, would you salute or put your hand over your heart for the Canadian national anthem? I wouldn't, but I would stand there and respect the anthem being played. That's essentially what the Texans players were doing, nothing out of the ordinary, so I think this criticism by Shockey is misguided.
Old 12-19-2011   #108
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody has to put their hand over their heart during the national anthem. This isn't Nazi Germany. You have the right not to.
Old 12-19-2011   #109
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So if you attended a hockey game between an American and Canadian team, would you salute or put your hand over your heart for the Canadian national anthem? I wouldn't, but I would stand there and respect the anthem being played. That's essentially what the Texans players were doing, nothing out of the ordinary, so I think this criticism by Shockey is misguided.
Did you read my post?

That is exactly what I said. Show the proper respect but you don't have to do a certain gesture.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #110
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ahhh I see, just saw it on a image search, lol.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #111
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Never saw this coming.

We must be reading two different threads.
Old 12-20-2011   #112
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

John - I love your column, but with due respect, Shockey is right. I have been a season ticket holder from Day 1 with the Texans. Several games ago, my kids pointed out that while the visiting Steelers were lined up in a straight line standing at attention for the anthem, the Texans players were strewn all over the place, many talking and not even paying attention. I have observed the exact same "unpatriotic" behavior in the home team in every game since. I am not denying the points you make about Mr. McNair and our Texans, but you would be wise to listen to Shockey's criticism and observe for yourself before blindly criticizing Shockey - even if he is a really easy target! While he is usually an ***** when he opens his mouth, this time he called a spade a spade. While our guys are good American men and great football players on most days, we can clearly improve. Please call on Gary and the guys to get their "anthem act" together in the future!
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...less-comments/
FWIW - comments from a reader in John McClains blog about the subject.
Myself, I don't really know because I've not attended a Texans game in person for some time.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #113
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
John - I love your column, but with due respect, Shockey is right. I have been a season ticket holder from Day 1 with the Texans. Several games ago, my kids pointed out that while the visiting Steelers were lined up in a straight line standing at attention for the anthem, the Texans players were strewn all over the place, many talking and not even paying attention. I have observed the exact same "unpatriotic" behavior in the home team in every game since. I am not denying the points you make about Mr. McNair and our Texans, but you would be wise to listen to Shockey's criticism and observe for yourself before blindly criticizing Shockey - even if he is a really easy target! While he is usually an ***** when he opens his mouth, this time he called a spade a spade. While our guys are good American men and great football players on most days, we can clearly improve. Please call on Gary and the guys to get their "anthem act" together in the future!
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...less-comments/
FWIW - comments from a reader in John McClains blog about the subject.
Myself, I don't really know because I've not attended a Texans game in person for some time.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #114
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Never saw this coming.

Yeah, that never happens on this board.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #115
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 50 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

I refuse to read any of this crap concerning that village *****.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #116
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 50 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy crap, I can't say i d i o .t?
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #117
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktexan68 View Post
Holy crap, I can't say i d i o .t?
No, but apparently you can say "crap".
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #118
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
While our guys are good American men and great football players on most days, we can clearly improve. Please call on Gary and the guys to get their "anthem act" together in the future!
Jeesh....this is jingoism taken to absurd levels...

I think it's time to Godwin's Law this stupid thread.

Did you know the government of Nazi Germany had strict rules and regulations about the "Hitlergruß" (literally Hitler Greeting or Deutscher Gruß, German Greeting)? The salute was mandatory for civilians, and people were encourage to rat out neighbors who did not conform to the exact standards established by the Nazi party.

Extreme nationalism is a social disease that can run rampant if not checked regularly with strong doses of irreverence.
Old 12-20-2011   #119
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

So let me get this straight Jeremy Shockey. If I remove my had and cross my hands behind my back during the anthem, I'm not a good 'Merican.

Perhaps Shockey needs to revisit the Constitution before calling anyone out on Patriotism. Douche.baggery on Parade.
Old 12-20-2011   #120
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Never saw this coming.

You don't spend much time in the NSZ anymore, eh?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read