Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2011   #41
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Number one seed is still possible

Despite yesterday's loss, I'm pumped that we are still talking about how to get the #1 seed in the AFC instead of trying to figure out who we are going to draft in 2012.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #42
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I don't want a first round bye anyway. I'd rather have more games.
I don't understand this.
I'd rather have our guys get a week off to heal up. Let whoever comes to visit us get beat up an extra week.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #43
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I am not worrying about our chances of getting the top 2 seeds. I have very little faith that the Texans will even win their final 2 games. Let alone get the Ravens or Pats to lose 1 more.

Would I like a first round bye? Of course. I would also like to hit the lottery. But the odds are stacked against me/us in both.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #44
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Actually this is NOT correct. According to the ESPN playoff machine, if the Steelers were to lose tomorrow we all sit at 12-4 (assuming we win out) and Pats finish 13-3. Pats have 1 seed with RAVENS as 2 still, not sure why, but they do. Steelers get 5th seed and we take 3rd seed. We NEED Patriots to lose one of their next games in order to gain a bye and this would actually give us the 1 seed.

Bottom line is....Pit needs to lose one(most likely this week vs. Niners) and the Patriots need to lose one of the next two. Both will be hard, but doable. This is all assuming Ravens win out and we win out. If Ravens lose AGAIN, everything changes in our favor and if we lose again everything changes.
I don't know how I was forgetting about the head-to-head factor with the Ravens. In a 3 way tie we would be ahead of them, but if there isn't one then they get the edge. Oh well, they'll be heading into a crazy environment the last week of the season with the Bengals battling to get into the playoffs so hopefully they'll play like they have all year on the road.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #45
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Personally, I am not worrying about our chances of getting the top 2 seeds. I have very little faith that the Texans will even win their final 2 games. Let alone get the Ravens or Pats to lose 1 more.

Would I like a first round bye? Of course. I would also like to hit the lottery. But the odds are stacked against me/us in both.
Seriously??
After yesterday's wake up call, I doubt they sleepwalk thru the next two games.

I worry that playoff inexperience - playoff teams go into a whole new gear - will result in us being one & done.
Old 12-19-2011   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
well the chargers are whippin the ravens right now thats some help.
Hopefully the Bengals will put it on them Jan 1
Old 12-19-2011   #47
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hopefully the Bengals will put it on them Jan 1
It's possible.
San Diego showed that the Ravens have issues against the deep ball. And if you can keep Suggs out of your QBs face, they can be had.
Flacco ain't the best come-from-behind QB in the league either.

...it's possible.
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2011   #48
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
It's possible.
San Diego showed that the Ravens have issues against the deep ball. And if you can keep Suggs out of your QBs face, they can be had.
Flacco ain't the best come-from-behind QB in the league either.

...it's possible.
Yeah, and the Ravens have simply not been a good road team. They're under .500 right now, and if they lose to Cincy, their road record will be 3-5.
Old 12-19-2011   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't understand this.
I'd rather have our guys get a week off to heal up. Let whoever comes to visit us get beat up an extra week.
Not only that, but we'll have a better chance at 2 home games & being that homefield advantage.

I'm feeling like Aj, wishing I could be there & do more to help my team.
Old 12-19-2011   #50
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not only that, but we'll have a better chance at 2 home games & being that homefield advantage.

I'm feeling like Aj, wishing I could be there & do more to help my team.
I want a bye too. As much as I like Caldwell I'd much rather have a healthy Briesel in the lineup.

TK...... You remember thinking I was crazy when I said 9-7 could get that last wild card spot? Not looking too crazy now am I? Even the Chargers have a shot at getting in. Its pretty crazy. And that is not a team I want to see if we were to get the 3 seed by the way.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #51
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing is, if we lose out and Denver wins out, then we would get the #4 seed and likely have to play Pitt. We need to win at least 1 of the next two to guarentee playing the weaker wildcard team as the #3 seed.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #52
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I'll tell you what ladies and germs, the Steelers just made it a little easier for us.

But if one of our QBs wore the face that Big Ben had on all game...? Hell, with those 3 picks, we'd have every right to be as scared as #7. Ben looked like a rat in a cage (despite of his rage).

Xoxoxoxo
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #53
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 9542 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

So, as of right now, after steelers loss, are we #2 seed ? and we control our destiny ?
since ravens, steelers and texans are all 10-4

Edit : This site just got updated. so we are #3 seed right now and only a ravens loss at cincy in week 17 will give us #2 seed, if we win our next 2 games
http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by honored82 View Post
So, as of right now, after steelers loss, are we #2 seed ? and we control our destiny ?

Edit : This site just got updated. so we are #3 seed right now and only a ravens loss at cincy in week 17 will give us #2 seed, if we win our next 2 games
A Patriot loss in addition to the Ravens losing in Cincy will get us the #1 seed.
Old 12-19-2011   #55
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we win out and the Ravens win out, one Patriots loss and we're the #1.

According to Nick Scurfield, anyway.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #56
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 9542 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
If we win out and the Ravens win out, one Patriots loss and we're the #1.

According to Nick Scurfield, anyway.
yea that's pretty nice. just saw that on the playoff machine. doesn't matter if the ravens win their next 2 games... as long as the pats loose a game we #1
Not sure how but a 3 way tie between us ravens and pats at 12-4 is giving us #1 seed and dropping pats to #3
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #57
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

cool
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #58
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

dam that 1st round bye would be oh so lovely!
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #59
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seriously??
After yesterday's wake up call, I doubt they sleepwalk thru the next two games.

I worry that playoff inexperience - playoff teams go into a whole new gear - will result in us being one & done.
That's alright, because in 2012 we'll have at least 1 playoff game of experience
Old 12-20-2011   #60
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by honored82 View Post

Seeding is all screwed up in the NFL. Guess I never knew because us Texans fans never got the chance to worry about.

So what people are saying, if the Ravens & us win out, but Pats lose one game, we are #1. But in that same scenario, if Pats win out as well, we become the #3 seed?

Something doesn't sound right. I'm not saying its wrong, but just doesn't sound right.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read