Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-18-2011   #21
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59425 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you amaze me.

Let's not forget TJ was playing from behind the whole game. You have a rookie QB have to throw that many times to catch up, mistakes are bound to happen.

Texans will have a short week to forget this loss and move on to Indy....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #22
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Yep, we suck.

Packers suck, too.

Either Tebow or Belichick will suck in about 3 hours.

But the titans suck worse than everyone!

...and ^that makes me happy.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #23
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93630 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasnt all on TJ.

Foster sat out a half basically, played like crap first half.
Defense gave up too many big plays
WR's dropped crap left and right
Kubiak settled for FG's
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #24
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Like I said in the gameday thread, I'm chalking this one up to being a victim of Upset Sunday...

We lose to the Panthers
the Skins upset the Giants
the Chiefs (the frikkin' CHIEFS?!) upset the Packers
the Colts upset the Titans (they won with Orlovsky?!)
the Seahawks upset the Bears...

this is definitely a trap game Sunday

...and don't look now but the Broncos are up over the Patriots...

ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #25
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I know the season isn't over ..heck we all know

however, I might have my expectations up too high....
well no I don't, we see what happens in the NFL when teams get relaxed (how many games in a row did the Texans lose last year?)

what concerns me is the turnovers and poor/sporadic play.. However I understand that we have excuses with injuries but .. this is the NFL.

we have lost the TO battle 3 weeks in a row .ugh
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #26
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Yep, we suck.

Packers suck, too.

Either Tebow or Belichick will suck in about 3 hours.

But the titans suck worse than everyone!

...and ^that makes me happy.
I've given out too much rep today
Old 12-18-2011   #27
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
after 1 game, what about the 3 games before this ? He gets no credit for this ?
You're only as good as your last game. That is how getting exposed works. If he can get back on track- I'll take it. However, I'm not going to be blinded by homerism.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2011   #28
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Its sucks we lost, and believe me I'm pissed. It will pass though. I am not that down, that I think we're done. I started doing laundry after the Williams TD. I had a feeling we might lose this one to begin with.

It was a sad effort by the team today, and having Wade out really showed. The D didn't look sharp at all. The fumble at the beginning of the game seemed to just deflate the Texans and the crowd as a whole. They need to get their ass in gear, and get ready to move past this, don't let it linger.

We'll regroup, and handle business against the Colts, we better or good lord shit would really hit the fan.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #29
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I know every one was on a high about TJ..
hell I am too, however.. we all can agree the "next man up is taking it's toll" the kid is still learning.

the Texan offense hasn't been the same (understandable) we aren't the high powered offense that scares defenses.
Old 12-18-2011   #30
D1DAVE
Football=life

Rep Power: 92 D1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respected

Teams lose games. Green Bay lost. We are in great shape. Just got a little ugly today and it is tough to take. We have all seen some really bad losses over the years and we do have a right as fans to be critical. But I agree some doom and gloom does show up on this thread. Just an observation as a recent user of this site. For the most part this is a great fan base we have and a great forum I think.
D1DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #31
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1DAVE View Post
Teams lose games. Green Bay lost. We are in great shape. Just got a little ugly today and it is tough to take. We have all seen some really bad losses over the years and we do have a right as fans to be critical. But I agree some doom and gloom does show up on this thread. Just an observation as a recent user of this site. For the most part this is a great fan base we have and a great forum I think.
Yeah it was a bad loss, but nothing to get that upset over. What worries me more is it being the one game Wade has been out. I hope that he doesn't miss another week and that he comes back with full spunk and strength. I'm sure he will, but we needed his presence today. A loss isn't that bad of a thing if we can bounce back and learn from it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #32
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93630 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

This team sucks!! 6-10 here we come and another year of "its all on me"
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #33
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yeah it was a bad loss, but nothing to get that upset over. What worries me more is it being the one game Wade has been out. I hope that he doesn't miss another week and that he comes back with full spunk and strength. I'm sure he will, but we needed his presence today. A loss isn't that bad of a thing if we can bounce back and learn from it.
we play on thursday and looks like he would be back around sunday
(10 days)
Old 12-18-2011   #34
Double Lung
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Double Lung is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Lung is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Lung is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Lung is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Lung is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Lung is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Lung is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Lung is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Lung is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Lung is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Lung is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Leave it up to a guy with 6 posts to give a strong breakdown on how badly this forum sucks and how stupid everyone is.
Post count definitely dictates how long we have been a member or lurking.

Good talk
Double Lung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #35
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Leave it up to a guy with 6 posts to give a strong breakdown on how badly this forum sucks and how stupid everyone is.
Yep. Solid contribution to the board there.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #36
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry but i am going to have to agree with some of the guys on here. Yates will not be the story book QB to lead us to a super bowl. He made way too many mistakes in this game. Interceptions, passes too low or too high. Carolina played a great game, but they were vulnerable and the Texans could not captilize. Even last week, Yates didn't play too well untill the last quarter which of course we all forgot about cause he won the game for us! I hate to say it, but Yates is not the man. Yet. Hopefully we can get a couple of victories in the playoffs. But I just have a bad feeling now. ( I hope it's just gas and not a legit feeling)
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #37
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
I think getting our asses handed to us today can be a good thing for us as it brings us down to Earth. We came out flat and sloppy, a by product of perhaps clinching the South and Wade being out. It's a wake up call to this team that we aren't invincible and have to do more than just show up and go through the motions.
Personally, what annoys me about this game the most is they came out expecting to lay it to the panthers just because they clinched the division. It seems as though they felt that they were 'that good' because they were guaranteed to be in the playoffs.

Fact is, they were embarrassed today. Does that mean we have no chance in the playoffs? No. But if they play like that they will get humiliated in the postseason. I can only speak for myself, but my problem with today's loss is that the team seemed to buy into their own hype. Hopefully they are absolutely ashamed of this loss and won't let it happen again.

I think the concerning thing though is that we really should have lost the last two weeks. I'm not saying that other teams don't get lucky or pull wins out like we have, but we could just as easily be 8-6 with how we have played. I am hoping we can pick it up and play sharper in the next couple of weeks because we are playing some teams that quite possibly could give them some false confidence. Something they have shown they are very susceptible against.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #38
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To his credit, this board does tend to be pretty negative a lot of the time. I was a regular on here for years before I joined the Army, and it wasn't until that time that I realized the pessimism.
Old 12-18-2011   #39
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 3119 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
We clinched the AFC South, and we can still get a first round bye easily.
Easily?
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #40
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...Gale Sayers broke the news to the team, and they dedicated the game to Piccolo. In typical '69 Bears fashion, they lost 24-21. Piccolo chided his teammates as they visited him in Masonic after the game. "Leave it to them", he thought, "to dedicate the game to him and lose."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read