Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-18-2011   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Some of you amaze me.

Yes we lost today, yes our defense looked like the 2010 defense, yes TJ made mistakes, Yes we are down 21-0 and inside the 20 and kick to field goals, one of the field goals was on the 6-7 yard line . Sure we got embarrased today.

BUT this season is not over for us, it is however over for Carolina. We clinched the AFC South, and we can still get a first round bye easily. TJ is a rookie we all know that BUT he has played far greater than a 5th round pick. He had a bad game today, but this is not all on him.

The sky is not falling, we are not one and done.

DONT be all up on the teams jock strap, one week thinking they are the greatest thing since electricity, and then thinking they are the scum of the earth the next.
Old 12-18-2011   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Some of you amaze me.

People ***** about losses. It's what fans do. People despair over complete team breakdowns. Today's loss wasn't a loss like this team has experienced this year. It was a complete team breakdown.

I don't think it'll lead to a skid, though.
Old 12-18-2011   #3
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It is just one game, we are still going to the playoffs.

However, it is a big letdown after winning the division on the road and coming home just to lose bad to a 4-9 team.

I guess more reality than anything, this team can be great but it also can show up flat.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #4
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

well KC just beat the Packers so Texans weren't the only team off today...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #5
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

look the packers lost to the Chiefs, we def shouldnt feel bad.
Old 12-18-2011   #6
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
look the packers lost to the Chiefs, we def shouldnt feel bad.
Not to mention Indy put a beat down on the Titans....

Not a total loss today...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #7
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Not to mention Indy put a beat down on the Titans....

Not a total loss today...
hmmm yeah it was an odd day.
Old 12-18-2011   #8
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

I think getting our asses handed to us today can be a good thing for us as it brings us down to Earth. We came out flat and sloppy, a by product of perhaps clinching the South and Wade being out. It's a wake up call to this team that we aren't invincible and have to do more than just show up and go through the motions.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #9
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'm not bothered, this is a good game, next time our teams gets high on hype, they can look back at this game and see how they came out flat without a care in the world until Kubiak had to have a word with his team on the sidelines.
Old 12-18-2011   #10
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ got exposed today at HOME. I don't care about AJ being out, AF fumbling and WP recovering right now. I don't have much optimism with him behind center. I applaud you. I'm usually on your boat plugging away. However, I think I will face reality now. That reality is that TJ is not the man for the Texans to make a deep playoff run. I hope I'm wrong.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #11
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans did the classic "Can't handle their own success" thing and mailed one in. Hopefully this gets their attention and we see them play well Thursday. If not we've got real problems and we'll be one-and-done in the playoffs.
Old 12-18-2011   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 392068 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
The sky is not falling, we are not one and done.
Tired of the nattering nabobs of negativism???
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

What's amazing to me is that we can still have the top seed even with this loss (a long shot I know). Better to lose to an NFC opponent, after all.
Old 12-18-2011   #15
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
TJ got exposed today at HOME. I don't care about AJ being out, AF fumbling and WP recovering right now. I don't have much optimism with him behind center. I applaud you. I'm usually on your boat plugging away. However, I think I will face reality now. That reality is that TJ is not the man for the Texans to make a deep playoff run. I hope I'm wrong.
after 1 game, what about the 3 games before this ? He gets no credit for this ?
Old 12-18-2011   #16
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't seen 13 threads b!tching about the loss today.

B!tching in the game day thread is allowed.
Old 12-18-2011   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Yes, I am.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #18
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
haha it gets a little old man. 1 week this team is godly, the best ever and the next week they are done with the team and they have no shot.

Just silly
Old 12-18-2011   #19
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Making a thread about it will certainly make everyone stop talking..

This was a pretty ugly defeat. To me, the ugliest was part was the ending.

An "elite" team shouldn't allow a quick score, throw an INT inside the 5, then allow the opposition to run out the clock like that.

I mean, 3rd and 8 and we let Newton pick up 9? Thats embarrassing stuff right there.

None of this means we should be 4-10 instead of 10-4, but it certainly puts some weaknesses of ours into the forefront.
Old 12-18-2011   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post

Rookie mistakes. He's not ready. This should be no surprise to us but got caught up in the early success and hoped we'd lucked into one of those rare guys who can jump right in and start driving an NFL offense. We all forget that even Manning made mistakes his rookie year. It's not a case of not believing in him or turning on him. Yates just doesn't have the experience to be successful at this level if the rest of the team isn't doing their part. Today all kinds of crap went wrong.

He might be the guy to take us to the next level for all we know but he ain't ready to do it yet.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read