Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2011   #41
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Just re-watched NO, Pitt, Balt, and...

Sorry about the Texans not drafting YOUR guy in 06.
Old 12-18-2011   #42
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsQXGMqmI2s

Watch this. Start at 1.24 and watch Mario against Pitt.

Mario didnt stop on the Rothlesberger fumble.

At 1.54 he chases Rothlesberger to get his first sack.

Helps out on a sack at 2.05

Does it again at 2.13

At 2.22 he gets his second sack on him.

He showed up big in the game. I am not going to go through the other games because of absurbness of this thread.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #43
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Sorry about the Texans not drafting YOUR guy in 06.
Don't tell me ..... he wanted VY.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #44
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
LOL, that's who I wanted back then. History tells us who made the best choice though.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #45
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
My point is still the same. The Texans beat the heck out of Flacco. Since the Baltimore game, by the way, the Texans' Marioless defense has given up the following point totals (7, 14, 12, 9, 13, 10, 19).
But before those games, the Texans gave up 25 points to Oakland (LOSS) and the 29 points given up to Baltimore (LOSS). During that stretch you mentioned, the defense has played great but they have also faced some offensively challenged teams. In total points per game:

Titans 22nd, Jags 28th, Cleveland 30th, Tampa Bay 26th, Falcons 11th, Bengals 18th. The 2 games they lost, Oakland 16th and Ravens 10th.

Your argument is being benefited from the fact that the defense was going to improve regardless over time from playing together and getting more reps into the system. Even with a short off season and a new defensive scheme, our defense still came out hot to start. In the 4 full games that Mario played in, our defense gave up (7, 13, 40, 10). The 40 points given up to the Saints was on the road to the team that is ranked #1 in total yards and #2 in PPG, but I will use the dalemurphy method of arguing and pretend like it never happened even though it wasn't Mario vs. the Saints, it was actually Mario PLUS the same guys that are playing today vs. the Saints (blame goes to everyone).

Quote:
This is simply not true. Show me the double-teams. This is pure fiction. Rarely did Mario get double-teamed. Regarding Smith, his drop in production may have something to do with his injured shoulder... just a thought.
This is just from the first half of the Saints game:

1st Quarter. 2:17 3rd and 3. Mario takes on the TE with the RT circling right behind him focusing solely on Mario. Double Team
2nd Quarter 13:04 1 and 10. Ingram chips Mario, RG pulls and engages afterwards
2nd Quarter 11:50 1 and 10. TE slides over and puts on a full block then releases with the LT engaging Mario after the release. Saints schemed for multiple blockers
2nd Quarter 3:15 1 and 10. FB chips Mario
2nd Quarter 3:10 2 and 10. Mario is fully engaged with BOTH the RT and the RG

Go ahead and "re-watch" those plays even I'm sure you're going to see something completely different than LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE per usual (like Mario playing lazily when he is sitting on the sidelines in a sling or Mario getting pancaked when he is in fact throwing the opposing QB to the ground). Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you don't consider offensive coordinators using backs to chip rushers a part of their protection game plan.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #46
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mario Williams stinks!!

Wow! I know that I have a reputation in this arena. However, I have argued that I wish Mario was healthy because he does make the team better and deeper. I have only been arguing that he isn't worth the money.

Well, I have changed my mind. His absence is one of the reasons this defense has gotten so good. By the way, the Texans are now 7-0 without Mario and the defense is much better.

Mario simply doesn't hustle. He's not physical and only gives good effort when he is put in a situation where he has an advantage and opportunity to make a play. I've never seen a player jog and trot on the field as much as he does. After wathching a physical and aggressive defense the past two months, his laziness really pops on the screen. Those of you who doubt this, go back on watch these games. It is quite infuriating. I am official glad he is on the I.R. Otherwise, our defense would've never turned into what it has. There is no way Rick Smith re-signs this guy! Not gonna happen!

I'll have video by Monday, I hope.
Like give it up already . If it had came from a non Mario hater I would maybe consider it but , you've proved to be just as bad as the Kareem supporter. Get off his junk
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #47
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 833 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario is not a high motor player. Anyone who doesn't already know this hasn't been watching closely enough.

That said, he's still better than Reggie though.
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2011   #48
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
I hate the Longhorns. Always have. Moreso, I hate QBs that can't throw the ball and read defenses. I never, ever wanted VY. I was thrilled with the Mario pick. I was wanting a trade down or D'Brickshaw... However, I was thrilled and relieved when we moved away from Bush and went with Mario.

I began turning on Mario midway thru the '09 season when I noticed his inconsistent effort. Last season, right when he was needed most, his effort disappeared. Still, after the injury was revealed as a "sports hernia", I was hopeful I would see a different player this season. Nope... same lazy player who only shows up when he knows he has an opportunity to make a play.
Old 12-18-2011   #49
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your numbers prove my point! The Texans defense, without Mario, is so good that we are winning without Andre and with a 3rd string QB. Check the numbers: Texans' offensive production without Schaub and Andre are way down. Texans' defensive production without Mario is way up... up so much that the it's more than enough to account for the loss of offensive production.

Thanks for making my point.
Jesus tap-dancing Christo, you talk out of both sides of your mouth. Btw, did you take notice once and for all that MW did not play against Bmore, or do you still believed this happened?
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #50
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Jesus tap-dancing Christo, you talk out of both sides of your mouth. Btw, did you take notice once and for all that MW did not play against Bmore, or do you still believed this happened?
Wait what?! That Baltimore game was one of his laziest performances! Did you see the way he chose to sit while he drank his Gatorade opposed to standing?? What a lazy bum. The performance he turned in today that lead to the Panthers marching off 28 points on us was almost as bad as that Baltimore game. I noticed he chose not to tuck his shirt in. With a little extra effort he could have had that shirt placed nicely within his waistband.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #51
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

~Hmm, wonder what this thread is about~

Quote:
Mario Williams stinks!!
~Time to go~
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #52
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
Wait what?! That Baltimore game was one of his laziest performances! Did you see the way he chose to sit while he drank his Gatorade opposed to standing?? What a lazy bum. The performance he turned in today that lead to the Panthers marching off 28 points on us was almost as bad as that Baltimore game. I noticed he chose not to tuck his shirt in. With a little extra effort he could have had that shirt placed nicely within his waistband.
I never said anything like that.
Old 12-19-2011   #53
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Cush was making a joke being Mario was injured in the Oakland game and didn't suit up for the ravens game
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #54
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Cush was making a joke being Mario was injured in the Oakland game and didn't suit up for the ravens game
I never criticized Mario's performance during the Baltimore game. I was re-watching games for reasons having nothing to do with Mario and those were the three I went through so far. What I noticed is the difference in consistent effort between Mario and the rest of the front seven.

As someone showed with some highlights from the Steelers' game, Mario can give good effort. When he does, there are often good results. Unfortunately, most of the time he's jogging around and hand-slapping. Watch Watt, Smith, Reed, Barwin, Cushing, Ryans... those guys are going 100% almost every play until the whistle blows (or slightly after).
Old 12-19-2011   #55
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Not to mention Mario 9 out of 10 times drew a double team Brooks and barwin dont
Not true. Dale re-watched the Baltimore game and Mario didn't draw one double team the entire game!
Old 12-19-2011   #56
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never said anything like that.
The title of your thread is:
Quote:
Just re-watched NO, Pitt, Balt, and...
Your OP says this:
Quote:
Mario simply doesn't hustle. He's not physical and only gives good effort when he is put in a situation where he has an advantage and opportunity to make a play. I've never seen a player jog and trot on the field as much as he does. After wathching a physical and aggressive defense the past two months, his laziness really pops on the screen. Those of you who doubt this, go back on watch these games.
The funny thing about the internet is you can't bullshit and act like you never said it. It's all recorded right here for everyone to read, and the more you act like we're the idiots who can't read what you wrote, the dumber you look.
Old 12-19-2011   #57
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to clarify some things.

Dale is not a troll or some irate fan that is out to slash Mario Williams in the middle of the night.

He's been a stubborn opinionated Texan fan since their inception and comes off very strong a lot, but he is a dedicated fan that has a lot of passion for this team. I've argued with Dale for years over many subjects mainly being about the coaching staff and management and he has stuck his neck out in the past for a lot of under achieving players and coaches. He usually supports guys to long or puts guys on high pedastools that aren't prolific players out of high hopes for Texans players, so it's not like his passion to discredit Mario Williams is some consistent thing where he's just anti/Texan or hates on this organization a lot. I can speak with a lot of confidence that he's probably watched more film on Mario Williams than most people in here to have such a strong disdain for Mario's play on the field. I don't agree with it completely, but he has made some valid points in the past regarding Mario. Whether he is right or wrong, he is not a troll or some Anti/Texan fan that bitches just to *****.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #58
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
It's funny though that you troll and then try to get us to check out your blog...
That's how I feel, too.
Old 12-19-2011   #59
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You should have loved Demarcus Faggins then. that little F2#$er efforted his ass off every game.

I like results. If he's half assing his way to 1 sack a game type numbers, I'm good.

Rep!! This made me
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #60
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I never criticized Mario's performance during the Baltimore game. I was re-watching games for reasons having nothing to do with Mario and those were the three I went through so far. What I noticed is the difference in consistent effort between Mario and the rest of the front seven.

As someone showed with some highlights from the Steelers' game, Mario can give good effort. When he does, there are often good results. Unfortunately, most of the time he's jogging around and hand-slapping. Watch Watt, Smith, Reed, Barwin, Cushing, Ryans... those guys are going 100% almost every play until the whistle blows (or slightly after).
Tell you what, Dale - since you want us to re-watch these games and are making what is largely accepted as an asinine assertion, provide time stamps and analysis. 76Texan often provides video still shots, time stamps, down and distance info, and analysis. So agree with him or not, you have to respect the way he's arguing his point. You're just throwing out BS assertions with nothing to back it up. General blanket statements don't work. Give us a list of 10 plays per game where you see Mario dogging it and tell us why you think he's dogging it on those plays. Also tell us what you think he should have been doing on those plays.

Then we'll compile all that and submit your resume to the Texans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read