Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2011   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Just re-watched NO, Pitt, Balt, and...

Mario Williams stinks!!

Wow! I know that I have a reputation in this arena. However, I have argued that I wish Mario was healthy because he does make the team better and deeper. I have only been arguing that he isn't worth the money.

Well, I have changed my mind. His absence is one of the reasons this defense has gotten so good. By the way, the Texans are now 7-0 without Mario and the defense is much better.

Mario simply doesn't hustle. He's not physical and only gives good effort when he is put in a situation where he has an advantage and opportunity to make a play. I've never seen a player jog and trot on the field as much as he does. After wathching a physical and aggressive defense the past two months, his laziness really pops on the screen. Those of you who doubt this, go back on watch these games. It is quite infuriating. I am official glad he is on the I.R. Otherwise, our defense would've never turned into what it has. There is no way Rick Smith re-signs this guy! Not gonna happen!

I'll have video by Monday, I hope.
Old 12-18-2011   #2
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just re-watched NO, Pitt, Balt, and...

Dude, you realize the that Mario was on pace for 16 sacks. This already great defense would be even better with Mario.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #3
Texan_Touchdown
Rookie

Rep Power: 266 Texan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams is interesting. Some games I'm yelling at him and screaming to give more effort, but then I understand that he usually get game-planned every week and taking on double teams all game would take a toll on me, especially from an outside rushers who's running a lot more during the play. I mean I agree with the poster, but I disagree about him stinking, and that we would be better off without him because the guy create sacks, not just for him, but for everyone else. Ask Antonio Smith
Texan_Touchdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #4
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

How are you not banned for such trollish posts? Yea, Mario was really bad that Steelers game with a couple of key sacks and tackles for loss. He did play better though in that Baltimore game, you know the game that came AFTER the one that ended his season.

It's obvious you didn't "re-watch" any of those games you just have some weird obsession of hating on Mario. It's funny though that you troll and then try to get us to check out your blog...
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cush View Post
how are you not banned for such trollish posts? Yea, mario was really bad that steelers game with a couple of key sacks and tackles for loss. He did play better though in that baltimore game, you know the game that came after the one that ended his season.

It's obvious you didn't "re-watch" any of those games you just have some weird obsession of hating on mario. It's funny though that you troll and then try to get us to check out your blog...

+1.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #6
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Mario Williams stinks!!

Wow! I know that I have a reputation in this arena. However, I have argued that I wish Mario was healthy because he does make the team better and deeper. I have only been arguing that he isn't worth the money.

Well, I have changed my mind. His absence is one of the reasons this defense has gotten so good. By the way, the Texans are now 7-0 without Mario and the defense is much better.

Mario simply doesn't hustle. He's not physical and only gives good effort when he is put in a situation where he has an advantage and opportunity to make a play. I've never seen a player jog and trot on the field as much as he does. After wathching a physical and aggressive defense the past two months, his laziness really pops on the screen. Those of you who doubt this, go back on watch these games. It is quite infuriating. I am official glad he is on the I.R. Otherwise, our defense would've never turned into what it has. There is no way Rick Smith re-signs this guy! Not gonna happen!

I'll have video by Monday, I hope.
Wow, kinda surprised to see a such bold statement from you Dale. I think, there a few points need to be consider on Mario's performance.

You are much more of analyst with better understanding of football than I and I am just a general fan of the Texans. As a general fan, I would like to point out the followings.

1. He did have 5 sacks in 5 games
2. Our D's overall performance is improving each week and Mario only
played first 5 games.
3. I didn't time how fast he gets to QB but seems to me he gets there
pretty fast when he gets a sack.
4. Seems Mario forces quick decision on opponents' QB
5. Expectation. I think, we vary expectation on Mario. I am OK with Mario
getting 12-15 sacks wise and be disruptive like forcing opponents' QB to
make bad decision.

To me, I need to see Mario play a full season under Wade's 3-4 before jump into any conclusion. I don't know what is going to happen to Mario after this season but, I would like to see him play a full season under Wade's 3-4. But, this is just me.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #7
datchapin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2013 datchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats the purpose of this thread? You still trying to convince other people that Mario doesn't live up to your lofty expectations, we know. Everyone recognizes that when this defense was bad Mario was one of the steady contributors year in and year out (not everyone because you are on the other end arguing against him vehemently). Now that the defense is playing well as a unit and Mario is hurt you wanna say the team wouldn't be better with Marios talent out there. I don't get why you got such a hard on to hate on Mario. Please don't try to deny it, because you are the only one who went back and watched whatever you watched and brought up the hate when there wasn't anything remotely relating to Mario going on. You don't like him, we get it. Why don't you just leave it alone until the time comes when people see the relevance and want to discuss it.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2011   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Please don't feed the trolls.
Old 12-18-2011   #9
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #10
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

This beat a dead horse Mario Williams train has become as old and tired as the Kareem Jackson version.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

please dont let this thread turn into a multi pager. we're better than that. lets just let it die quickly like it deserves.
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #12
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
How are you not banned for such trollish posts? Yea, Mario was really bad that Steelers game with a couple of key sacks and tackles for loss. He did play better though in that Baltimore game, you know the game that came AFTER the one that ended his season.

It's obvious you didn't "re-watch" any of those games you just have some weird obsession of hating on Mario. It's funny though that you troll and then try to get us to check out your blog...
This.

Especially, this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
He did play better though in that Baltimore game, you know the game that came AFTER the one that ended his season.
This is blatant spamming, trolling, or whatever you want to call it.

Dale's analysis is always rather poor, but this this takes it to new levels.

Nevertheless, I'm anxiously awaiting Dale's video of Mario playing lazily in the Baltimore game.
Old 12-18-2011   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's just comment on the thread and leave the name-calling aside. Or not comment at all, if you feel that's best.

I don't have to re-watch the games, I saw them as they transpired.

NO - Mario didn't play well. The defense didn't play well. The black mark on a fantastic season by the defense.

Pittsburgh - Ask Big Ben how much Mario sucked. Williams dominated and led an outstanding defensive effort in one of the greatest wins in franchise history. It answered all of the Texans critics (myself included) as to whether this team is "soft".

Baltimore - Flacco threw for 300 yards. We could have used Mario that Sunday.
Old 12-18-2011   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-18-2011   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Let's just comment on the thread and leave the name-calling aside. Or not comment at all, if you feel that's best.

I don't have to re-watch the games, I saw them as they transpired.

NO - Mario didn't play well. The defense didn't play well. The black mark on a fantastic season by the defense.

Pittsburgh - Ask Big Ben how much Mario sucked. Williams dominated and led an outstanding defensive effort in one of the greatest wins in franchise history. It answered all of the Texans critics (myself included) as to whether this team is "soft".

Baltimore - Flacco threw for 300 yards. We could have used Mario that Sunday.

What was so blatantly clear re-watching isn't that Mario doesn't have talent or that he doesn't occasionally make plays. Instead, it is the fact that he is the only player on the field that doesn't rally to the ball, that doesn't have the aggressive and determined attitude the entire defense now has. He jogs past the play, stands around and handfights, etc... most of the time.

Someone show me a series of 5 plays when Barwin, Reed, Cushing, Watt, A.Smith, Jamison aren't chasing the backside of the play down hard. They do. Mario doesn't.
Old 12-18-2011   #16
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 7226 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: Just re-watched NO, Pitt, Balt, and...

Topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario is both an effective pass rusher and run stopper. He is a very good player. I can't think of any reason why we wouldn't want him back other than perhaps saving cap money. To NOT want Mario on your team is silly.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #18
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post

Why is everyone so intensely in denial? I would understand it if Mario's performance was essential to the success of our team. Nobody wants to be without hope. Heck, I was obviously in denial regarding David Carr in order to have hope for him until midway through 2006. This is different though. The Texans are 7-0 without Mario and the defense clearly doesn't need him.

As a fan, if you watch his lack of consistent effort, it should outrage you. Hopefully, this week, we will get a massive collage of video showing his lack of effort. I dare anyone to put something similar together for any other Texan defender. Why we are a dominant defense now is due to the attitude, effort, and intensity they all play with, IMO. I don't think it is just a coincidence that it really got going after Mario left the field during the Baltimore game. Without Mario on the field, Antonio Smith, Brian Cushing, and Connor Barwin have become team leaders and they have led with a very diffferent attitude that permeates the entire defense.
Old 12-18-2011   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know. I would have liked to see what Mario would be like once he fully learned the position.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Why is everyone so intensely in denial?..The Texans are 7-0 without Mario and the defense clearly doesn't need him.
First, get your facts straight. The Texans are 7-2 without Mario, having lost to Oakland and Baltimore. Second, the Texans are 6-2 without Andre. Guess they don't need him, either?

I'm not knocking what the Texans have done without Mario. Or Andre. Or Schaub. It's been magical. But if you don't think this team would be better with these players, you are mistaken.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read