Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2011   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Playoff schedule

I have a real problem here guys. I really need the Texans to clinch a first round bye. My school, Sam Houston State, is going to the national championship game which will be played on January 7th. That should be wild card weekend. I love my school and will not miss their national championship game, but if the texans don't get the first round bye, then they will be playing that weekend. I really don't want to miss the first playoff game in history either, so what day do you guys think they will have the texans play thier first playoff game??? If we don't get the first round bye, they will MOST LIKELY be playing the Jets. The championship game is a saturday. When do you think the NFL will schedule that game? Saturday? Sunday? Late Saturday? I just hope it isn't the first game :[

I love my bearkats, but my texans mean more. WHAT DO I DO??
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #2
74 Dean
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 74 Dean is a quality contributor and well respected74 Dean is a quality contributor and well respected74 Dean is a quality contributor and well respected74 Dean is a quality contributor and well respected74 Dean is a quality contributor and well respected74 Dean is a quality contributor and well respected74 Dean is a quality contributor and well respected74 Dean is a quality contributor and well respected74 Dean is a quality contributor and well respected74 Dean is a quality contributor and well respected74 Dean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playoff schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I have a real problem here guys. I really need the Texans to clinch a first round bye. My school, Sam Houston State, is going to the national championship game which will be played on January 7th. That should be wild card weekend. I love my school and will not miss their national championship game, but if the texans don't get the first round bye, then they will be playing that weekend. I really don't want to miss the first playoff game in history either, so what day do you guys think they will have the texans play thier first playoff game??? If we don't get the first round bye, they will MOST LIKELY be playing the Jets. The championship game is a saturday. When do you think the NFL will schedule that game? Saturday? Sunday? Late Saturday? I just hope it isn't the first game :[

have a cold one...
74 Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Support your school
...but record the Texans' game.
or take a radio to the SHSU game
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Lurvinator11, if the Texans don't get a first round bye, you want to root for the Broncos to win the AFC West and get the 4th seed. Because NBC has the Saturday wild card round games, and will most surely go for some Tebow Time (thus the Texans play on Sunday, January 8th).
Old 12-17-2011   #5
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty sure the brocos will win the west. Lets hope it all goes to plan!
Old 12-17-2011   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the brocos will win the west. Lets hope it all goes to plan!
My plan is for the Texans to get a 1st round bye, and play Tebow and the Broncs in the Divisional round. That would be like getting a bye to the AFC Championship game.
Old 12-17-2011   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
My plan is for the Texans to get a 1st round bye, and play Tebow and the Broncs in the Divisional round. That would be like getting a bye to the AFC Championship game.
That would be good
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2011   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

U know we were one of the first victims of tebow lol

Any who there is like a 90 % chance we will plAy tenn
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #9
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:

DUUUUDE! I didn't even REALIZE.

That's going to make that weekend really interesting. I'm a season ticket holder and we already bought the tickets. I planned on buying my SHSU tickets on Monday, so I have no idea what I'm going to do.
Old 12-17-2011   #10
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Support your school
...but record the Texans' game.
or take a radio to the SHSU game
This ^^^^ is what i would do.
Old 12-17-2011   #11
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard that the SHSU side is already sold out. I wouldn't be surprised if we stole some of the visitors side tickets, too. It'll be like the 2005 Big 12 Championship when the game was held at Reliant. A sea of orange. Hopefully, the tickets won't sell out before we find out if we have a first round bye. Because we already bought the playoff tickets and I haven't bought the NC tix, right now the wildcard game is the one I'll have to go to.
Old 12-17-2011   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have a real problem here guys. I really need the Texans to clinch a first round bye...
They're working on it.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #13
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I've heard that the SHSU side is already sold out. I wouldn't be surprised if we stole some of the visitors side tickets, too. It'll be like the 2005 Big 12 Championship when the game was held at Reliant. A sea of orange. Hopefully, the tickets won't sell out before we find out if we have a first round bye. Because we already bought the playoff tickets and I haven't bought the NC tix, right now the wildcard game is the one I'll have to go to.
Already sold out????? OMG!!!!! Looks like im watching the game at home....
Old 12-17-2011   #14
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Since your asking what to do if the games conflict....make a decision and live with it.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #15
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Since your asking what to do if the games conflict....make a decision and live with it.
I'm also kinda asking what time slot do you guys think they would put the texans in as well. If they put them in sunday, then I have no problem at all.
Old 12-17-2011   #16
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm also kinda asking what time slot do you guys think they would put the texans in as well. If they put them in sunday, then I have no problem at all.
I wish I could tell you but we have a few more games before we know that. You will be ok and congrats on you bearcats.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #17
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Quote:
Already sold out????? OMG!!!!! Looks like im watching the game at home....
Okay, I was wrong. It seems like the General Admission tickets that have been released following last nights game are sold out. The Student tickets have yet to be released. I think they'll release those early next week. Keep an eye on your Sam email. They'll let us know.

I really hope they'll put the game on Sunday.
Old 12-17-2011   #18
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

dude this is a historic Texans game watch that game somehow. Either record it or live or whatever but ya got to watch the game.
Old 12-17-2011   #19
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Think of it this way Lurv, SHSU's last game will definitely be the 7th, if the Texans win, there will be a game the following week which you could travel to. If the Texans lose, at least you weren't there to witness it, right?
Old 12-17-2011   #20
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The dates and times are based on ranking. It has nothing to do with what games the networks want. The date and time we play will be based on our final rank.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87649
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read