Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-29-2005   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Jones injured

Got this off of the Jags MB...

Quote:
Reported by FCN Dan Hicken.......MJ left the second half of the afternoon practice with a strained left hamstring.....was able to walk off the field and now he's icing it down now and may be a no go for tomorrow.........
LINK

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Matt Jones' first day with the Jacksonville Jaguars ended earlier than expected Friday.

The first-round draft pick, the 21st overall selection, strained his left hamstring and missed most of the afternoon practice. The 6-foot-6 receiver wasn't sure when he would return.

"Who knows?" he said. "I'm going to get some treatment on it and we'll see."

The injury ruined what was an otherwise spectacular debut for the former Arkansas quarterback.

On one of the opening plays of the morning session, Jones blew by cornerback Chris Thompson and made a sliding catch for a 15-yard gain. He also made several tough receptions over the middle. In fact, he didn't drop a ball all day.

"Big Country is out there getting open," quarterback Byron Leftwich said. "He caught everything I threw to him."

Jones said parts of Jacksonville's new offense were similar to what he ran at Arkansas, something Leftwich thought would help the rookie.

"His head is spinning right now with the formations," Leftwich said. "The good thing is he's a natural quarterback up top. He thinks like a quarterback and just by talking to him on the plays, he kind of knew what I was thinking. Anytime you have a guy like that it always helps."

Defensive tackle John Henderson and defensive end Marcellus Wiley also were injured in the afternoon session. Henderson had his right knee wrapped in ice, and Wiley strained his left hamstring.

Last edited by texan279; 04-29-2005 at 06:23 PM.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005   #2
tacoman_j
Veteran

Default Matt Jones Pulls Hammy

This is according to Sporting News Radio. May be on the wire reports.
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005   #3
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

go figure players being injuried at a del rio camp
Old 04-30-2005   #4
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

I would like to see this guy in a preseason or reg season game. I just don't buy into the hype. Lets see if he can hold it after a safety lays the wood to him. Everyone is an all-star in pratice.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005   #5
Pewterninja
waterboy

I bought the hype, as time passes it is fading. I really do not think Matt Jones was a "good idea" for the Jags. Only time wil tell!
Pewterninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read