Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2011   #1
tarheeltexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 tarheeltexan is a quality contributor and well respectedtarheeltexan is a quality contributor and well respectedtarheeltexan is a quality contributor and well respectedtarheeltexan is a quality contributor and well respectedtarheeltexan is a quality contributor and well respectedtarheeltexan is a quality contributor and well respectedtarheeltexan is a quality contributor and well respectedtarheeltexan is a quality contributor and well respectedtarheeltexan is a quality contributor and well respectedtarheeltexan is a quality contributor and well respectedtarheeltexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Playoff Talk...

Seriously guys, with TJ Yates as our QB... How far do you guys think we could get in the playoffs??

superbowl????
tarheeltexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #2
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 69026 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playoff Talk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheeltexan View Post
Seriously guys, with TJ Yates as our QB... How far do you guys think we could get in the playoffs??

superbowl????
i take it by the name you just became a fan since TJ came to Houston. Let me break it down for you, we have had nothing to get really excited about in houston since after we beat the cowboys 19-10 in 2002. We have had 1 winning season before now, we have had a 2-14 season. We have had to endure our franchise never signing anyone during free agency that could make it onto the field without their cane.

But yet all of us have held onto hope thru all of that, so why would we stop holding onto hope now ??? Hell yeah they can win the superbowl with T.J.

And i believe they will, it may be like a child believing in Santa. But its my belief.

Last edited by EllisUnit; 12-17-2011 at 09:00 AM.
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I have a feeling that our season ends in the AFC Championship in Baltimore, but we can beat anybody. It's just going to take a lot of effort and some luck, because there's always some luck involved.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #4
TexansJohn 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 0 TexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheeltexan View Post

superbowl????
All the way to the SB including a win over the Packers.

After what I have seen our guys go through this year with all of the injuries, I believe that we have the talent and desire to beat any opponent in any venue, including Aaron Rodgers.

I don't listen to the doubters out there on NFLN and ESPN. None of them believed NYG would make it past Tampa Bay in the 2007 wildcard game and they went on to win the SB and keep the Pats from perfection. I believe we can do the same to Green Bay.
TexansJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #5
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i take it by the name you just became a fan since TJ came to Houston. Let me break it down for you, we have had nothing to get really excited about in houston since after we beat the cowboys 17-10 in 2002. We have had 1 winning season before now, we have had a 2-14 season. We have had to endure our franchise never signing anyone during free agency that could make it onto the field without their cane.

But yet all of us have held onto hope thru all of that, so why would we stop holding onto hope now ??? Hell yeah they can win the superbowl with T.J.

And i believe they will, it may be like a child believing in Santa. But its my belief.
Did you really forget the score of our biggest game in franchise history arguably up until this year?

Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #6
TexansJohn 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 0 TexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respected

To add to my prior comment, this is the first time that I have seen our guys believe they can win. Connor Barwin's forced fumble on Cincy's O, TJ's 17-yard scramble to save the drive......these guys are hungry and can taste it.
TexansJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #7
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 165286 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i take it by the name you just became a fan since TJ came to Houston. Let me break it down for you, we have had nothing to get really excited about in houston since after we beat the cowboys 19-10 in 2002. We have had 1 winning season before now, we have had a 2-14 season. We have had to endure our franchise never signing anyone during free agency that could make it onto the field without their cane.

fixed it for ya...
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2011   #8
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i take it by the name you just became a fan since TJ came to Houston. Let me break it down for you, we have had nothing to get really excited about in houston since after we beat the cowboys 17-10 in 2002. We have had 1 winning season before now, we have had a 2-14 season. We have had to endure our franchise never signing anyone during free agency that could make it onto the field without their cane.

ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #9
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 935 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

Proof that ellisunit is not a day one fan as he subscribes to or a horrible mistake. You choose. 19-10 is pretty basic for a Texans fan though. You know being the first game and all. Its provided much shit talking against the Dallas fans over the years.
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #10
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Honestly, I have a feeling that our season ends in the AFC Championship in Baltimore, but we can beat anybody. It's just going to take a lot of effort and some luck, because there's always some luck involved.
while Baltimore scares me a little hopefully we will be fielding the beast on O not to mention our D is not the D they faced in week 5. I think we win that game. Only team that really scaresme a lot is Ne for the Brady factor
Old 12-17-2011   #11
Seasick Sailor
Rookie

Rep Power: 544 Seasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respected

What it really comes down to is that with this team, you just can't count them out. There's something happening here that defies logic. We should have collapsed this year and didn't. Who knows where this train will stop, but we might as well enjoy the ride.
Seasick Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #12
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Will we win or lose? Who knows. Will we go deep? Who knows.

Can't and won't make predictions.
I tell ya what though. Nobody scares me.

The Patriots and their one-dimensional team? Nope.

The Ravens and Flacco's propensity to turn Flaccid? Nope.

The Steelers and their horrible offensive line? Nope.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #13
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

No.1 seed would be a big help. Go Broncos, Chargers 49ers. If the D stays healthy "Any Given Sunday"
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #14
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 69026 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah i messed that up, haha and yes i had actually forgotten the score that is just a little sad, i put partial blame for that on McNair for giving me a short memory.
Old 12-17-2011   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah i messed that up, haha and yes i had actually forgotten the score that is just a little sad, i put partial blame for that on McNair for giving me a short memory.

I'm feeling real crappy this morning, and truly thinking about neg repping you for this statement, BUT, I'll cut ya some slack!!

I am an OLD lady, way past retirement age, and I have NEVER forgotten that day, or that score, and NEVER will. I'll take it to my grave! NOR have I ever blamed Daddy Bob for my short memory when it comes to our team. If you fly with the diehards then you fly all the way, or bale out!! JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #16
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'm feeling real crappy this morning, and truly thinking about neg repping you for this statement, BUT, I'll cut ya some slack!!

I am an OLD lady, way past retirement age, and I have NEVER forgotten that day, or that score, and NEVER will. I'll take it to my grave! NOR have I ever blamed Daddy Bob for my short memory when it comes to our team. If you fly with the diehards then you fly all the way, or bale out!! JMO!
haha it was honestly just a mental error, i guess the humor was lost in my statment about Mcnair. Called a joke......
Old 12-17-2011   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess the question is, do you believe in magic? Not the smoke and mirrors, supernatural stuff going on in Denver. But, a group of very good players believing in themselves and overachieving. When very good players overachieve, they can become champions.

I am beginning to believe. More importantly, the Texans themselves are beginning to believe. Right now, anything is possible.
Old 12-17-2011   #18
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
No.1 seed would be a big help. Go Broncos, Chargers 49ers. If the D stays healthy "Any Given Sunday"
If the Texans host the AFC playoffs, NO ONE is coming into Reliant and winning the game. There is no way, especially for an AFC Championship game. Like New Orleans in 2009.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #19
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

When we play Ravens...
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #20
RCPM
DILLIGAF

Rep Power: 0 RCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My First Post...

If Andre is 100%, and TJ and him have any chemistry at all, then, yes, I believe we can make it to and win the superbowl.
RCPM is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read