Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

McNabb fires back at Owens at minicamp

texan279

Hall of Fame
LINK

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - With Terrell Owens absent, Donovan McNabb didn't miss his target.

While Owens skipped Philadelphia's first mandatory minicamp practice on Friday, McNabb responded sternly to the All-Pro wide receiver's stinging comments about the quarterback's performance in the Eagles' 24-21 loss to New England in the Super Bowl.
"I don't play games in the media," McNabb said. "I'm not going to sit here and try to have a war of words. I'm a man at what I do. If there's a problem with anyone, and they feel the need to lash out, they know how to get in touch with me and we can handle it like men."

Owens - who is holding out, presumably because he wants a new contract - took a verbal shot at McNabb in an interview earlier this month. Some Eagles said McNabb was so ill in the fourth quarter against the Patriots that he couldn't call one play in the huddle.

"I played every snap they allowed me to play," Owens told ESPN.com. "I wasn't even running until, like, two weeks before the game. But I made sure I was in the best shape possible. I wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl."

McNabb, who made a recruiting pitch to get Owens to Philadelphia before last season, insisted he wasn't tired or sick in the final minutes against New England, though it appeared at one point he was either coughing or struggling to catch his breath.

"If you say I was winded, if you say the (offensive) line was winded, if you say the defense was winded, that's fine," McNabb said. "But to be tired and dropping to a knee, that didn't happen."

Without mentioning Owens, McNabb had strong advice for his most loquacious teammate.

"Just keep my name out of your mouth," McNabb said. "Don't try to throw names or guys under the bus to better yourself. You never heard me say any names in any situation. You never heard me talk about any given players. I'm the guy to be professional and be a man about things."

McNabb said he hasn't spoken to Owens since hearing the inflammatory comments.

In the first season it looked like it was a match made in heave. All the passes were Mcnabb-Owens, and leading them directly to the superbowl. Well all has come loose now and it doesnt appear that Mcnabb is comfortable with Owens their. If the Eagles are smart they will help Mcnabb(face of franchise for many years past and still to come) and trade away Owens. Owens can go somewhere, be the star, get a big contract, and since Owens still has alot of value, the Eagles also get something nice in return. If Philly is smart they trade T.O. I was thinking maybe a T.O. for Hines Ward or T.O. for Torry Holt or T.O. for Joe Horn. Maybe T.O. and 1rst or 2nd round choice for Randy Moss. What about a T.O. for a Matt Jones,Reggie Williams, and draft pick? If Philly is wise they avoid meltdown and do one of those deals.

People like Owens try to build themselves up and make themselves look better by tearing others down. He did it to Garcia, now Mcnabb. And, he will do it to others later. He is a narcissist, who seems to also have delusions of grandeur mixed in for good measure. He has Bill Clinton disease. I wouldn't take TO on my team at any price, even if he offered to play for free. :thumbdown

Good for McNabb speaking out! I don't like the Eagles one bit, but I personally think McNabb is one very good, classy guy.
Already fighting in April can't be doing much for the unity of the team.

If you are a reciever why would you diss your quarterback? He is the one who throws you the ball. I am a big fan of TO but some of this stuff is just getting annoying. Way to go Mcnabb to step up and call him out, he is obviously the leader of the team and he doesnt want to be apart of TO's games.

Terrell is a cancer. A terminal cancer. He'll destroy any team with his big mouth. He's just driven that way. :loser

DRIFTAWAY said:
What about a T.O. for a Matt Jones,Reggie Williams, and draft pick?

Wouldn't happen. Matt Jones and Reggie Williams are our future #1 and #2 receivers. We won't trade them away to get ONE star player with a huge contract... especially one that is going to want another contract if he has a better year.

I hope the Eagles don't rework his contract and let Owens do what he has to.. either sit out or come to work with what contract he has

If Owens does sit out, their WR situation will be something to watch. Freddie Mitchell doesn't expect to play another game in an Eagles uni(the Eagles don't want him to either)
Now with T.O. holding out, and Pinkston well we know his problems from last season. Reggie Brown really has a chance to shine here. Brian Westbrook is also holding out.

Back