Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I hope wade reads this

It will probably bring his spirits during recovery sky high.

A piece from ESPN (It's actually an article about the Cowboys defense and Rob Ryan):

Quote:
IRVING, Texas -- Rob Ryan apparently needs to take a drive down Interstate 45.

I mean, gee, look how much smarter it made Wade Phillips!

Say what you want about Phillips' head-coaching credentials, but the man has always been widely respected for his X's and O's wizardry as a defensive coordinator. Until last season, at least.

Wasn't it all ol' Wade's fault that the Dallas Cowboys' defense fell apart in 2010? Phillips got fired in the middle of the season, but he still took the brunt of the blame for the Cowboys allowing the most points in franchise history, much less the NFC.

Good thing he figured out how to coach again while steering that U-Haul to Houston. The Texans have the NFL's top-ranked defense despite losing Pro Bowl pass-rusher Mario Williams to a knee injury early in the season.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #2
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 15013 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I hope wade reads this

torn pec

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #3
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 4293 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
torn pec

TJ
LOL, no kidding. What more would you expect from a story that originates out of Irving.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

When you are confident in your abilities, you don't seek confirmation from others. Wade takes after his daddy in his respect also.
Old 12-16-2011   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, Cowgirls were earlier still blaming Wade for this year's failings.

Who'd have thunk it was a L.O.F.T. problem? And a Garrett problem?

Last edited by Playoffs; 12-16-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted Rob Ryan big time over here instead of Wade Phillips. I knew that we'd never go after Rob Ryan though. I'm glad that I was wrong.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #7
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Rob needs to cut his hair
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2011   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
This^^^^^^^^!! He looks like a misguided hippie!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
This^^^^^^^^!! He looks like a misguided hippie!
He needs to have his baby already.
Old 12-16-2011   #10
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
He needs to have his baby already.

One of these Defensive coordinators is 49 years old and the other is 64. Rob Ryan looks A LOT older than 49 and in some ways looks unhealthier than Wade.

But man, look at Bum. The man is 88 and he still looks like he could coach!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
I can't dog his hair. He grows it out for Locks Of Love, a worthy cause.
Old 12-16-2011   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post

One of these Defensive coordinators is 49 years old and the other is 64. Rob Ryan looks A LOT older than 49 and in some ways looks unhealthier than Wade.

But man, look at Bum. The man is 88 and he still looks like he could coach!
Wade needs to dim his headlights. Geez....
Old 12-16-2011   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Gary Kubiak brings Bum Phillips into the locker room before the first playoff game.

Let the man tell the kids a little something about Houston football.

Can you freaking imagine that? Old Bum Phillips looking guys in the eyes, telling them what's at stake and what this means for him and for Houston.

Geez almighty, that'd put a fire under the kids.
Old 12-16-2011   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to root against Wade on anything, all things considered...BUT, since it is in our team's best interests, I do kinda' sorta' hope that the perception of his head coaching abilities persists to the point that he does not receive any offers.

Because if he does become a head coach of another team, I will certainly root against him every Sunday unless it's in our team's best interests.

I can't blame the guy for wanting another HC gig, but by the same token, he can't blame us for wanting him to stay as our DC.
Old 12-16-2011   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I hope Gary Kubiak brings Bum Phillips into the locker room before the first playoff game.

Can you freaking imagine that? Old Bum Phillips looking guys in the eyes, telling them what's at stake and what this means for him and for Houston.

Bum just needs to tell them one thing: KICK THAT SON OF A ***** DOWN!!!
Old 12-16-2011   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't understand why anyone would think hiring Rob Ryan to be the Cowboys DC would turn around that team. He has never been good, he's had a couple seasons of just above average defenses, but nothing special. The guy is an average D coordinator riding the family name thanks to his big brother's success. That said, I hope he stays in Dallas for a looooooooong time...
Old 12-16-2011   #17
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

That is a great idea, and I would love to hear it.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I really don't understand why anyone would think hiring Rob Ryan to be the Cowboys DC would turn around that team. He has never been good, he's had a couple seasons of just above average defenses, but nothing special. The guy is an average D coordinator riding the family name thanks to his big brother's success. That said, I hope he stays in Dallas for a looooooooong time...

From my ole Buddy.
Old 12-16-2011   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114151 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
...or maybe Indy will hire him when they fire Caldwell...
Old 12-16-2011   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I can't dog his hair. He grows it out for Locks Of Love, a worthy cause.
Ive donated to them several times over the years ..... The first time my hair was to my ass .... the last time I chopped it off was about 6 months ago and also donated it to their cause.

It grows slower now .... so it may be a while before I can contribute again.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read