Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2011   #21
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: what player(s) will you focus on vs Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I am glad that Caldwell had a chance to play with the first team this week rather than come in during the last game to relieve Brisiel. Hopefully that will smooth his transition. I think most fans had Caldwell pegged to be a starter by now. Wonder what happened? Is he that average or is Brisiel better than I think?
Caldwell is more talented but Brisiel is meaner and willing to get in there and fight and scrap more. Brisiel is better at getting the job done.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I am glad that Caldwell had a chance to play with the first team this week rather than come in during the last game to relieve Brisiel. Hopefully that will smooth his transition. I think most fans had Caldwell pegged to be a starter by now. Wonder what happened? Is he that average or is Brisiel better than I think?
I'm thinking a little bit of both. Most of last season, they shared the spot, this year they came with Brisiel all the way.

I don't think "our" stretch system is completely installed. This year we've been pulling Wade a lot more & running what looks like power O. We hardly run any middle zone runs, & I saw one play last week where it looked like Myers was pulling..... either the play didn't work very well, or Myers got blown up pretty bad on that one.

So, if I'm right & they went with Brisiel over Caldwell because Brisiel was picking up the new stuff better... Brisiel has beat out Caldwell & that's not such a good thing.

Old 12-19-2011   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone watch Caldwell much? I saw him one play and he seemed to be struggling against what appeared to be a big old DT.
Old 12-19-2011   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Did anyone watch Caldwell much? I saw him one play and he seemed to be struggling against what appeared to be a big old DT.
Caldwell looked ok, a little rusty, but I saw a lot of pulls and advancing to the second level which we didn't do much of with Brisiel, which means Winston & Myers are also having to do some things they haven't had to do before.

I think they'll get better over the next couple of games. Because that's what they do.
Old 12-19-2011   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Caldwell looked ok, a little rusty, but I saw a lot of pulls and advancing to the second level which we didn't do much of with Brisiel, which means Winston & Myers are also having to do some things they haven't had to do before.

I think they'll get better over the next couple of games. Because that's what they do.
Thanks.
Old 12-19-2011   #26
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess the fact that people aren't noticing Caldwell is a good thing right?

Isn't Oline one of those positions where not noticing them is a good thing?

I'm still hoping Caldwell steps it up to the next level and wins one of those interior line spots next year. I was REALLY high on him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read