Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-15-2011   #1
Jimbobway
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Jimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respectedJimbobway is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Worst NFL Commentator

SI polled over 200 NFL players on who they thought the worst TV commentators were, link here http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

Pretty funny, hard to find a lot of disagreement over the guys they chose, although the order is off...I've never heard of anyone that liked Skip Bayless so I thought he'd be #1...
Jimbobway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worst NFL Commentator

JAWS is #5...I prefer him over most!
Old 12-15-2011   #3
PsychoLove
Church Of FSM

Rep Power: 1731 PsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respected

I am surprised Randy Cross did not make the list!
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Duckface at 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 28871 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

gruden does kinda always look like he needs to poop or something
Old 12-15-2011   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i have michael irvin, skip bayless and mike mayock in my top 3 ... far ahead of anyone else.
Old 12-15-2011   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Proof once again that many football players are highly paid morons with really thin skin. Skip Bayless should be #1 to the extent they said screw the rest of the list. Aikman they don't like because he breaks shit down and calls it like he sees it. Dude is one of the best commentators out there. I have been waiting for us to get enough exposure for him to call some of our games.
Old 12-15-2011   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Proof once again that many football players are highly paid morons with really thin skin. Skip Bayless should be #1 to the extent they said screw the rest of the list. Aikman they don't like because he breaks shit down and calls it like he sees it. Dude is one of the best commentators out there. I have been waiting for us to get enough exposure for him to call some of our games.
I think since he's with Fox we'd have to get a matchup with an NFC team for him to do a game.

I think he's one of the best by far.

Skip Bayless is a douche. But, he polarizes people and that gets him attention.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Only Irvin makes me want to change the station when I hear him speak. Although Simms, Bradshaw, and Millen come close.

I guess they didn't bother to ask why these particular guys got on the players' nerves. I'd kinda like to know that.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't always agree with him, but Collinsworth is about as good as there is these days as a color analyst. As far as studio shows go, I'm warming to the NFLN crew of Eisen, Mooch, Warner, Faulk, Sapp, and Irvin. They seem to have a good chemistry and they're not stiff.
Old 12-15-2011   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very surprised that Collinsworth is #1. He comes off as a know it all at times, but overall he's a solid commentator. Skip Bayless should be #1.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I get tired of the schtick between Bradshaw and Long. They always start goofing around with one another and playing their inside jokes, then they start laughing hysterically and put their cue cards up to their mouth and lean over in their chairs to talk privately with one another while James Brown giggles and tale over them.

That show is LAME. It used to be good, but now it's just like watching junior high kids at the school cafeteria lunch table and they're all hopped up on Jolt Cola. Am I right?

THE WORST:

KORNHEISER: The #1 most irritating guy was Tony Kornheiser, but he's not calling NFL games anymore. Was there anybody as bad as him?

THEISMANN: Joe Theismann was pretty bad. Extreme hyperbole all the time, dramatics to the extreme when he talks about things.

MAGUIRE: Is Paul Maguire still calling games? He called Oilers games a lot way back when (on NBC) and he was a major league dyck the whole time...I guess it's only fitting since he was a Bills player back in his time.

COLLINSWORTH: I can't stand Collinsworth's delivery. It's so nasal and whiny sounding. He reminds me of Will Arnett on valium. He has good insight, don't get me wrong, but I don't like listening to him.

-----------

THE BEST:

MICHAELS: Al Michaels is THE BEST. Always has been, always will be. He knows when to talk, when to shut up, and his voice can make a wolverine purr. Suits so fine, makes Sinatra look like a hobo. Al Michaels is the balls.

AIKMAN: Low key, doesn't try to over-deliver, and knows his stuff.

BALDINGER: Long live Crooked Pinkie! He breaks stuff down, calls 'em like he sees 'em, and I just always like to watch him break film down and analyze stuff.
Old 12-15-2011   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

EDIT: Just now saw the list.

I would have put Joe Buck in my Top 3 "Worst" had I known he still calls football games. For some reason, I thought he was just baseball.

Listening to Joe Buck should be an alternative to sedation or anesthetic in a surgery. Because the guy can put you to sleep.

You know the nighttime "soothing sounds" machines that play white noise and stuff? It should have a Joe Buck setting. Zzzzzzzz.............

I think it's unfair that Bayless was at #8, too. Top 5, easily, IMO.

Unfair that Aikman was at #4. Why? I didn't get that.
Old 12-15-2011   #14
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

What, no Gus Johnson as best announcer? That guy's like bacon, he'll make the most boring game ever exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 348793 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Chuckie?
Sapp?
Mayock???

Worst?????

C'mon, man?
Old 12-16-2011   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I have always liked Collinsworth. He seems like cool guy. That poll lost all credibilty when it left off who in my opinion should be #1 ... Dan Dierdorf. I have to turn down the volume when he is on because I cannot take his constant arse kissing.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #17
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't always agree with him, but Collinsworth is about as good as there is these days as a color analyst.
I agree, Collingsworth is outstanding so it makes me wonder just what these
players base their evaluations on ?
Mike Mayoc is my favorite NFL-Draft analyst but just don't let him do any NFL games with PA based teams (Steelers & Eagles) because he's such a homer and totally lacks objectivity about players on either one of those teams in his home state. If you've heard him the last few weeks on the Thursday night NFL.COM games you know what I mean ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #18
PsychoLove
Church Of FSM

Rep Power: 1731 PsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respected

Mine would be:

1. Skip Bayless
2. Cris Collinsworth
3. Randy Cross
4. Dieon Sanders
5. Joe Buck
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I cannot stand Ian Eagle. If going to the playoffs this year accomplishes nothing else, please let it move the team up beyond the Ian Eagle assignment.
Old 12-16-2011   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tony Dungy! He needs to go back to coaching and leave the commentary to someone else.

Not crazy about Bradshaw. Much to animated IMHO.

Chuckie and Huey are nice to look at, but thats about all!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read