Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2011   #81
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Marc Berman reports Wade Phillips is taking leave

What we need to do is always pick Down + B, thats the flea flicker play and everytime they pick it we will get a fumble from knocking over the quarterback before the ball gets thrown back to him.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #82
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Get well soon Wade! Prayers for you and your family. I really think the defense will play inspired and want to get this one for Wade. As far as Wade possibly leaving for a head coaching job next season I just don't see it. I think he is happy here doing what he does best in his home state coaching in the same city his dad did. I really think the entire Texans situation in Houston from Owner, players, coaches, location etc fits Wade and he will stay here.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #83
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8908 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

We need a new medical staff..
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #84
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

If he has a bite mark or a big, deep scratch on his arm....

He's been bitten by one of the zombies on defense.

No procedure can help him. He'll be turning soon. Just sayin'......
Old 12-14-2011   #85
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8908 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

My reaction applies to this post as well.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #86
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
My reaction applies to this post as well.
Just trying for levity here.

Deep down inside, I'm pissed that he mentioned he wants to be a head coach again. And now, he's "taking a leave of absence." Probably not connected, but still.

So that was my attempt at humor. Nobody had to pay me for it, so you could all stand to lighten up a bit and chuckle (and breathe).
Old 12-14-2011   #87
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Maybe Rick Smith will strike gold on a Street-Free Agent DC.

GM of the Year goes to Rick Smith for this squad being so deep.
If this keeps up, we may actually have a homeless dude contributing on our squad at some point.
Old 12-14-2011   #88
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

The medical procedure is to remove Bob's foot from Wade's ass for stating to the media he would like to be head coach again.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #89
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get his desire to return to HC, here he gets ALL the credit and NONE of the blame, unless he needs the money for a gambling debit and he values his knee caps, leaving a no lose situation behind..... doesn't make sense to me.

Hope he has a quick recovery.
Old 12-14-2011   #90
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

HoustonTexans Houston Texans
Wade Phillips: "It's an operation...I feel good. The doctors say they can handle everything...They see me getting back within 10 days."
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #91
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't heard of any Wade's comments about wanting to be a HC again. Where/when did he say this?
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #92
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Confirmed by ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/73...-medical-leave

Is there a source for him wanting to go back as a HC?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #93
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I haven't heard of any Wade's comments about wanting to be a HC again. Where/when did he say this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Confirmed by ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/73...-medical-leave

Is there a source for him wanting to go back as a HC?
Okay I found it. Ugh, I sure hopes he stays as a DC for a while. We've really got something special right now in Houston.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...one-in-houston
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #94
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kidney surgery - 10 days - no chemo

McLain's Tweet

Houston Texans Tweet
Old 12-14-2011   #95
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375231 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Here ya' go:

Quote:
Wade Phillips hopes Texans' success turns into head coaching job

And, as he told the Chronicle Monday, he's hoping other teams have noticed and are appreciative, too.

"I think I have something to offer," Phillips said. "Look, I'm enjoying this. This is a super job. I want to be clear about that - I don't want anybody to think I don't enjoy what I'm doing and the people I'm associated with.

"I don't want to be somewhere else, but I'd like to be able to be a head coach again."

----------------------------

"I've had a lot of experience, and most of it has been winning," Phillips said. "I think that's what people want. It's not all me, but I do know how to do it. I've done it before."

He admitted he was embarrassed by such talk because it sounded as if he were boasting.

"It's not my personality," he said. "It's not me to say I'm the best or whatever."

Instead, he'd rather point to the facts - Phillips has spent the last 29 years as either a head coach or a defensive coordinator. After Sunday, he has reached the playoffs with the last eight teams in his first season serving in either capacity. He was 34-22 in Dallas before being fired, winning two division titles. He coached the last two teams in Buffalo that reached the postseason.

His overall win-loss record is 82-60, a percentage of .577, which, according to pro-football-reference.com, ranks Phillips among the top 50 coaches of all-time, ahead of such luminaries as Mike Shanahan, Bill Parcells, Chuck Noll, Mike Ditka, Jimmy Johnson and so many others.

Of course, all of those gentlemen have also won Super Bowls, which is only part of the case against Phillips, who realizes he might have an image problem.

"A lot of people have said I'm a good defensive coordinator but not a good head coach," he said. "No, I haven't been to the Super Bowl. But we've won a lot of games, and if you want a winner... That's my selling point."

----------------------------

"Because of the turnarounds, I think that's where my strength is - I can get you good quickly," Phillips said. "That's where everybody is, anyway. Nobody wants a six-year plan anymore - everybody wants to win now. As a head coach and coordinator, that's what I've done."
It sounds like more than just an answer to a question. It sounds like a lobby effort for a new gig.
Old 12-14-2011   #96
jshabang
Quality Backup!

Rep Power: 90 jshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by big lou View Post
so now the next man up applies to our coaches as well. Wtf!!!!!!!

Seriously.....

Foster's out a while, ok it happens.
Everyone starts pulling hammies, ok i get it.
Mario's out for the season, great figures.
Aj's out with a hammy and needs sugery, just keeps coming.
Mannings out for a couple of weeks, well at least he's not ir'd.
Schaub done, unbleivable.
Lienharts out, well of course he only last a quarter and a half.
The punter pulls up lame, ok you have to be f-ing kidding me the punter......

The dc is out on medical leave.............. Uuuuhhhhhhhh.......damn you football gods, damn you!!!!!!!!

If wade comes back by the playoffs then you know a meteor will hit the practice bubble, this team is in full on final destination mode......
this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2011   #97
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Kidney surgery - 10 days - no chemo

McLain's Tweet

Houston Texans Tweet
I spit all over my computer with that comment he made about "not a vascectomy! " Wade keeping his sense of humor!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #98
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Here ya' go:

It sounds like more than just an answer to a question. It sounds like a lobby effort for a new gig.
Wow. Not even here a full season and already trying to leave.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #99
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

arh... nose tackle

Wade, get well soon Sir, we need you back!
Old 12-14-2011   #100
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Here ya' go:

Or trying to get the best deal out of Bob.

Had he stated that he never wanted the HC gig again, people would be calling him a liar

Dunno which is true, I'm just enjoying it while it lasts

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read