Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2005   #81
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
on his accurancy, I am perfectly happy with that. I think he is highly accurate. I also think that some of those int's come from balls bouncing off his receivers hands and into the Defense. I have no problem with Carr's accuracy or his arm strength.

Now on his reads, yes, he needs ALOT of work. I hold out the hope that this is something that one acquires with more reps. So the more games he plays the better he gets at this, hopefully.

Carr has also learned how to put a little 'touch' on his throws which make them easier to catch, IMHO.

See it isn't all bad stuff.

Just wish he would call an audible that worked occasionally. And he would stop doing the 'look at AJ, dump it to DD' scheme that he seems to have made too much of a habit out of. There are other players out there working for the ball also.

I have been watching you rag on Carr up and down through out this post. I have a question for you. Do you think Brady is a good QB? Perhaps even a very good one. Perhaps one you would prefer having on your team?

De Oppresso Liber

Last edited by edo783; 05-01-2005 at 06:46 PM.
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #82
Texan Dave
Veteran

Anyhow, the point is that you can't judge what a QB in the NFL is going to be in just 4 years, some make a break out in 4, the exceptionally great do it in 3, and some do it in 5 or 6, Steve Young was traded traded to the 49'rs from the Bucks after his 4'th season because he suposedly wasn't ever going to be anything but a quality backup. Now he's in the hall of fame. The Bucks seem to like to give away good QB's.
Texan Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #83
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you think Brady is a good QB?
yes. I think he is a good QB. Great QB, nope. I think he is fortunate to have Belichick as a Head Coach who has put together a very good football team and a system that works very well with Brady. But no, I don't think Brady is a Montana, Marino, or Favre quality QB. Would I want him on the team as my QB, no. He wouldn't be at the top 5 prospects for a QB that I would want to go out and get from another team. What this has to do with Carr I have absolutely no idea. But I am sure you will make that link soon, hopefully, clear to me and the rest of this thread.

and yes, Texan Dave, the rest of the 31 teams in the NFL, send their future superstars to Tampa Bay and let them groom them so they can pick them up later and turn them into football giants bound for the HOF one day. I have thought that same thing myself for years now. Why does anyone draft a QB? Why not just pick up Tampa's rejects and let them come to the team and launch their next NLF HOF career.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #84
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Carr Bomb, I am really curious how you can seem to evaluate the O-line as a unit, you can even break it down to individuals, naming McKinney as the prime culprit, and you can talk about how bad it is. But for some reason you can't evaluate a QB himself, or how his progress is in regards to the team. How is it that you can apply some criteria for evaluation of the ENTIRE O-line, but can't seem to find the criteria to evaluate a single QB?

You want me to evaluate our Qb fine.

Things he needs to work on: at times his throwing motion seems to side armed, especialy on intermediate short range passes, leading to the occasional batted ball. Although there have been qbs succeed with unorthodox throwing styles I would like to see him straighten it out, but he does have great success with it when he runs a boot leg.

Gets happy feet at times, but again until we solidify the line I don't expect that to improve a whole lot.

People have question if he progresses through his reads, but again until we solidify the line I expect to see him to continue to dump off, Although having said that he did improve greatly in that area last year, especially in the begining of the season. Gaff had his best year as a pro and on many occasions he hooked up with D. Armstrong.

I really don't have any other beef with him and of the 3 things I mentioned 2 relate to the pressure and time he has two throw. Now I'm not saying the pass rush is the reason everytime he makes those mistakes, but if you see that much pressure you start expecting it on every play. Its like the clock in his head has been sped up and as soon as it goes off he looks to get rid of the ball. Hopefully with improved pass protection we can add a few seconds to that clock.

Things I'm pleased with: Leadership and toughness- Many qbs put in Carrs position would already have started wars in the press and probably already start to question the franchise and his lineman PUBLICLY. Carr hasn't drawn this organization nor his teamates through the mud, instead he has taken his lumps and in turn gained the respect of his teamates. Even had said this however I beleive if Carr suffers another 40 something sack season I expect him to start speaking out, as well he should, 4 seasons is plenty of enough time to find adequate protection. We saw the beginnings of it one the field last season.

Grace under fire- Last year I saw some pretty good throws made under alot of pressure, sure there were other that weren't great, but Qbs aren't always going to make a perfect throw under pressure.

Arm strength- Carr definetly has a NFL arm, no questions there

Mobility- That was one of the surprises with Carr, cause I didn't remember hearing anything about during his collage career- although he probably didn't have to run as much

Accuracy and Touch- Although he isn't a master of both yet, he did make alot of progress on both last season, especially on the long ball.

All in all he didn't have that bad of a season, considering the circumstances. Especially in the first have of the season. I don't know what happened during the second. Maybe he was flustered or maybe we had half a season of game tape for our oppenents to study and with never really establishing a steller running game we didn't give them much to respect in that area. He threw for more tds than ints (which is what everybody was asking for) and usually about 90% of the time, their next season is really where they start to improve dramtically.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 05-01-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #85
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Dave
Also Troy Aikman who's no hall of famer (yet) but stil was a verry talented and respected QB didn't do **** untill his 5'th season.
But will be on the 1st ballot. Sure he didn't do anything until his 5th season except go to the pro-bowl in his 3rd, 4th and 5th seasons and oh yeah, win a Super Bowl in his 4th season. That said, there are certainly similarities/coincidences to Carr and Aikman's track records so far and Aikman sure turned out OK.
Old 05-01-2005   #86
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO Carr's and Aikman's careers will be very similar. Dallas wasn't much more than an expansion team when he was drafted and he took a pounding and much fan criticism. Remember the whole Steve Walsh thing? Most of the fans wanted Walsh to start. Carr is gonna do some great things in a Texans uniform and be our first hall of famer. Hide and watch...Super Bowl in 2008 and back to back in 2009(when we host of course)..
Old 05-01-2005   #87
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yes. I think he is a good QB. Great QB, nope. :
Glad to see you think Brady is a good QB. Interesting about the Montana thing as it was the same knock on Joe as some folks are putting on Brady. Personally I think Brady is about as good of a QB as there is today in an all aound sense. Smart, accurate, resonably mobile and doesn't give the game away. The reason I asked about Brady is, if you look at Carr's and Brady's 04 numbers they are VERY similar. They each threw for ~ 3500 yards, they each made about the same number of throws and completions, 60%+ completion rate and 14 INTs. Where you will see a difference is TDs. (the interesting thing is if you look at the top 7 or 8 QBs the same GENERAL thing holds true). So, if he is throwing for approximatly the same amount of yards, the throws and completions are close and have nearly the same INTs, but only differ in the number of TDs, what do you think may be the issue???? Could it be the scheme and coaching dicisions in the red zone??? Ya think! And lets not forget that ALL the other QBs had MUCH better O-lines to work behind. So to trash David for what he is doing would be a large error. He is ALLREADY performing at or near the top QB levels in the league. Do we want him to get more TDs....of course, but to do that requires the right red zone calls being made so that the score happens. He is making all the throws between the twenties that is why his numbers are similar to the others, but the OC is making mistakes inside the twenty.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2005   #88
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Glad to see you think Brady is a good QB. Interesting about the Montana thing as it was the same knock on Joe as some folks are putting on Brady. Personally I think Brady is about as good of a QB as there is today in an all aound sense. Smart, accurate, resonably mobile and doesn't give the game away. The reason I asked about Brady is, if you look at Carr's and Brady's 04 numbers they are VERY similar. They each threw for ~ 3500 yards, they each made about the same number of throws and completions, 60%+ completion rate and 14 INTs. Where you will see a difference is TDs. (the interesting thing is if you look at the top 7 or 8 QBs the same GENERAL thing holds true). So, if he is throwing for approximatly the same amount of yards, the throws and completions are close and have nearly the same INTs, but only differ in the number of TDs, what do you think may be the issue???? Could it be the scheme and coaching dicisions in the red zone??? Ya think! And lets not forget that ALL the other QBs had MUCH better O-lines to work behind. So to trash David for what he is doing would be a large error. He is ALLREADY performing at or near the top QB levels in the league. Do we want him to get more TDs....of course, but to do that requires the right red zone calls being made so that the score happens. He is making all the throws between the twenties that is why his numbers are similar to the others, but the OC is making mistakes inside the twenty.
one BIG difference is Brady is able to spread the ball around more.. Texans go AJ then DD... I am not knocking Carr on this (yet he needs to improve on spreading the ball around) because it may be that our WR's can't get open.. Also IMO.. besides the OL of the Patriots being better than ours.. Teams don't want Dillion beating them singlehandedly ...DD..well Opponents gear to stop AJ
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #89
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Teams don't want Dillion beating them singlehandedly
I don't buy that because the Pats and Brady were doing pretty good before Dillon got there. They have dominated with some pretty average running backs and receivers.
Old 05-01-2005   #90
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I bet you even cheered when Carr got hurt last season, while his WIFE and 3 SONS were watching there Daddy scrape himself off the ground for the 140th time!
on that bet you would lose every time Hulk75. In fact I was shocked, and somewhat outraged when the crowd 'boo-ed' him in the last game. I didn't, nor would I ever do that. Critique him amongst football fans, yep. Publicly boo him or cheer for any player, Texan or otherwise, who is injured, NEVER. I would challenge you to find any post on here where I talked about even liking that kind of behaviour out of anyone. Don't act like you know me, or know anything about how I conduct myself at a football game.

Quote:
Quick Release- YES! 140 sacks has nothing to do with getting sacked 140 times. It has to do with Wand getting his Butt Kicked, along with Steve and Chester and the rest. If it is Carrs fault he gets sacked what is the Line responsiblity, to pick him up and brush him off!
uh, you might want to rein in the emotion when you type a rebuttal. 140 sacks has EVERYTHING to do with getting sacked 140 times. That is why they call it a sack and statmaster's even count them. Steve? Chester? what, you know McKinney and Pitts on a first name basis now? Eat at the same table as often as you eat at mine, do you? The last sentence I am having a hard time deciding what your intent is. Are you admitting that it is Carr's fault for the sack and the way the lineman say 'that was your fault Carr' is by picking him up and brushing him off? Or are you saying that their only responsibility is to pick him up and brush him off? And here I thought they were supposed to actually block another Defensive player, or two. Couldn't we just get a 'pick him up and brush him off' support type person who could run in from the sidelines like a waterboy and do this instead of paying all that money to our Lineman to do this? Seems like it might free them up to do something else, like say block somebody. Perhaps that is the problem, they are so worried about forgetting about picking him up and brushing him off that they can't concentrate on the blocking part.

Don't read too much into my reply Hulk75. I don't hate on Carr. I don't think that my posts say that at all. I do critique him, just as I do the other players, and the team as a whole. Carr is not above critique. That is all I am saying. I am not even saying he is in the bottem half of the NFL as far as QB's, IMHO. I just haven't seen anything to make me think he is some kind of QB superstar. Perhaps that is to come in the next year, perhaps not. We will see when the season starts. I am sitting here hoping that he dramatically improves next season and things start clicking for him and the team, particularly the O-line play. We will have to see. But I can critique what I have seen so far and it isn't all the great, IMHO. It ain't bad, but it ain't great, either. It is quite simply just good QB play, average, good, play.

IMHO, Carr's Sack total has a little to do with the O-line play, but alot more to do with his lack of 'pocket awareness'. Pocket Awareness is either something you have, or don't have. It isn't taught. If Carr had more of it, he would 'feel' where the sack was coming from and avoid it, or get rid of the ball before the pocket collapsed or he was sacked. If I had to point out one glaringly obvious problem with Carr, that would be it. He just doesn't seem to be able to tell when someone is near him or not. Sometimes he hears phantom feet and sometime he doesn't hear the real feet that are coming for him. All are symptoms of a very poor Pocket awareness, IMHO. Until that improves he will always be simply an average QB, IMHO. That isn't a 'hate on Carr', it is quite simply an observation.
Old 05-01-2005   #91
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr is running the expansion team version of the "Run-and-Shoot". It's called the "chuck and duck". When he gets some ACTUAL protection and the mental protection that comes with it, he's gonna WOW!! the NFL. I don't think any QB in the history of the NFL could do better than Carr under the same circumstances. You'll see the happy feet go away and the cannon arm deliver precision strikes when he finally has, AND FEELS LIKE HE HAS, adequate protection to make more than 2 reads per snap. He is much of a man to take the punishment he's had to take. Just hide and watch this year. Carr is gonna have a banner year. 25 TD's to 7 INT's. 68% completions for 9.3 yds per and 4500 yds passing. DD hits 1500 yds rushing and 1,000 receiving. AJ hits 1700 receiving. Gonna be a monster year for the Texan "O". Thank Dom Capers and the coaching staff for it. They chose not to mesh with the OL and will have 2 starters in the Pro Bowl next year. Seth Wand and Chester Pitts. I predict 10-6 and a Wild Card berth with a Wild Card victory over Pttsburgh.
Old 05-01-2005   #92
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Carr is running the expansion team version of the "Run-and-Shoot". It's called the "chuck and duck". When he gets some ACTUAL protection and the mental protection that comes with it, he's gonna WOW!! the NFL. I don't think any QB in the history of the NFL could do better than Carr under the same circumstances. You'll see the happy feet go away and the cannon arm deliver precision strikes when he finally has, AND FEELS LIKE HE HAS, adequate protection to make more than 2 reads per snap. He is much of a man to take the punishment he's had to take. Just hide and watch this year. Carr is gonna have a banner year. 25 TD's to 7 INT's. 68% completions for 9.3 yds per and 4500 yds passing. DD hits 1500 yds rushing and 1,000 receiving. AJ hits 1700 receiving. Gonna be a monster year for the Texan "O". Thank Dom Capers and the coaching staff for it. They chose not to mess with the OL and will have 2 starters in the Pro Bowl next year. Seth Wand and Chester Pitts. I predict 10-6 and a Wild Card berth with a Wild Card victory over Pttsburgh.
Old 05-01-2005   #93
thegr8fan
All Pro

Quote:
So, if he is throwing for approximatly the same amount of yards, the throws and completions are close and have nearly the same INTs, but only differ in the number of TDs, what do you think may be the issue????
the main issue, is Carr doesn't have any Pocket Awareness and Brady does. Why does that matter, cause Brady knows he can throw the ball away and rely on his defense to hold the other team from scoring, mostly. And Brady does so. That way, he doesn't get sacked, and the drive doesn't always come to a grinding halt with an emotional sack, letting the air out of the Patriots and jacking up the emotion of the opposing D. Also Belichick is a better coach, if not the best HC in the NFL today. There are alot of factors to go into when comparing Brady and the Patriots to the Texans. But on a QB level, I would put Carr and Brady in relatively the same general area, one on one. Difference between the two, Carr has the stronger arm and less experience. Brady has the much better Pocket Awareness though, and for QB's that is an intangible that simply can't be taught.
Old 05-01-2005   #94
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
I don't buy that because the Pats and Brady were doing pretty good before Dillon got there. They have dominated with some pretty average running backs and receivers.
your right.. I was just counting last season... on that note.. I 'll have to go with the first thought I had in the post.. spread the ball around.. 1st season (and rightfully so) it was Miller as the security blanket... since that time ..Aj isn't open the ball usually goes to DD...teams know that.. What got me last season is that our OL was better last season than the 1st , we have more weapons now than 2002.. yet our TE's are pretty much non existant (granted they are staying in to block) ...common sense would tell anyone that with the addition of AJ and DD ... our TE's should be open more...compared to James Allen in the backfield and Bradford/Gaffney as our primary guys.
Old 05-01-2005   #95
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Pocket Awareness is either something you have, or don't have. It isn't taught.
That is ridiculous. Pocket presence is a learned skill just the same as reading the field. It's not genetic.
Old 05-01-2005   #96
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
IMHO, Carr's Sack total has a little to do with the O-line play, but alot more to do with his lack of 'pocket awareness'. Pocket Awareness is either something you have, or don't have.
I absolutely agree Carr needs to improve his pocket awareness, but wow your powers of prognositication/memory are far superior to mine (which is entirely possible) if you can break that down into an actual % of those sacks resting more on his shoulders. I am still having flashbacks to the 3rd quarter of the Bears game and almost the entire Browns game where most of the pressure was coming right up the gut. I guess I have less of a love affair with QB's than most--IMO Manning would have been reduced to pulp behind our OL. Now Staubach (I know a hated Cowboy guy but it is the game not the affiliation I am getting at) would have made something happen. Each QB has strengths to their game--Carr is tough, we don't know a whole lot more now--Manning is a scientist given sterile conditions--Staubach was a tough gamer that made the team around him better. This year Carr has to make his own image in the NFL (not to say he is on the hot seat, but it is time to define himself in some fashion).
Old 05-01-2005   #97
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulli60
Dom Capers is the head coach and his forte was supposed to be defense, so unless he can finally start getting some sacks I would say Dom is the first to go. I'm not a huge Palmer fan, so if the defense gets it done and the offense struggles then he could be gone. Dom Caper's style has never been a flashy offense, so I don't see too much pressure on Carr compared to Capers and Palmer.

Carr has made a few bad throws, but I've seen just as many good throws dropped.
3 years and improvement each year, with less than adequate peronnel and everyone screams for the coaches head. Capers and Co. have gone from absolutelt NOTHING to building a respected and (in some cases) feared team. IMHO, I feel that the players on the field have limited the play calling much more than the scheme itself. The Texans have been playing with a few damn good draft picks and 31 other teams cast-offs. Ease up on the whole team and let's see what the 5 YEAR PROJECT turns in to. Remember the 5 yr plan? Not many seem to. PATIENCE, GRASSHOPPER!!!!!
Old 05-01-2005   #98
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
As I've stated before I think the sacks have alot to do with the difference in the td #s. Think about it sacks are drive KILLERS. How many times have yall seen a drive stall due to a sack, they take you out of a managable 2nd down and put you in 3rd and longs. just think about all the td opportunities we have missed out on due to this problem. A stable oline would do wonders for our team, not only will be able to put more points on the board, but itll will help out the defense tremedously, just do to the fact that we'll have much better field position.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #99
wags
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
1st season (and rightfully so) it was Miller as the security blanket... since that time ..Aj isn't open the ball usually goes to DD..
I think Miller got a lot of catches that first year because Carr felt comfortable with him. Carr was a rookie and probably had more confidence in Miller than anyone else. Now it's different. AJ can torch people and DD is just a better football player than Billy. If it was my choice I get the ball to the better football player, rather than the tight end/best friend.
Old 05-01-2005   #100
Wolf
100% Texan

I agree with that, but it is kinda ironic that we don't utilize the TE more.. I am no offensive whiz when it comes to football, but it was my understanding that the TE is a key to beating the cover two and with that, I would think guys would rotate off of AJ more with a third option.. But of course many times I am sure the TE is staying in and blocking

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read