Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2011   #21
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: More disrespect from national media.

Do you really want the national media forming a narrative on our hometown team? Do you really think that narrative would be anything worth reading? Just because they do puff pieces on the Cowboys/Pats/Steelers/Tebow does not mean we would get the same treatment.

Let them get disrespect, let them fly under the radar. There are plenty of places where I can find actual analysis that is done by real people and not ESPN or NFLN.
Old 12-13-2011   #22
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126983 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Stop watching/listening to ESPN.
I wish there was an alternative. NFLN is one but it isn't much better. ESPN knows they have no competition so they do what they please.

EDIT: I love that they are flying under radar but I want my cake so I can eat it too. Really, I just want my highlights but if I got those the Texans then have a radar signature.
Old 12-13-2011   #23
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I prefer NFLN to ESPN for no reason other than I can just leave it on that channel while I do other stuff and they'll eventually get around to talking about the Texans. I think most announcers are saying positive, but sometimes hesitantly so, good things about the Texans. If Schaub was still the QB, a lot of them would be more inclined to pump us up. They're still waiting on TJ to either screw up or keep showing he can do the job. I'm not sure I blame them for that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #24
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do people get so worked up over this stuff? Who cares about some blow hards rankings? The only rankings I care about is the draft order. The closer the Texans are to #32 in that ranking the better. F everybody else.

Of course if you've just got to have it to make you feel better or whatever, check out Aikman's rankings. He's had the Texans #1 for at least a couple of weeks now.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #25
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Why do people get so worked up over this stuff? Who cares about some blow hards rankings? The only rankings I care about is the draft order. The closer the Texans are to #32 in that ranking the better. F everybody else.

Of course if you've just got to have it to make you feel better or whatever, check out Aikman's rankings. He's had the Texans #1 for at least a couple of weeks now.
Yeah, I don't get the constant pissing and moaning over this stuff either. WHo gives a damn about what some guy put out there as a ranking. Some fans get so worked up over this as if they are on the team and actually playing.

The only thing I care about is getting coverage on the main media networks to hear about my team. I hate that I never hear anything about the Texans at all. It's one thing when they sucked, but they've been one of the best stories in the league this year, and it sucks that they're not getting any National attention for it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #26
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126983 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's like Eddie Murphy sings it, R-e-s-p-e-c-t

I just want my highlights, screw the rankings, but yeah, I can see the highlights all I want with this contraption here.
Old 12-13-2011   #27
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I wish there was an alternative. NFLN is one but it isn't much better. ESPN knows they have no competition so they do what they please.
It's coming...
http://adage.com/article/mediaworks/...e-espn/231447/
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2011   #28
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Awesome. I've been waiting for this for 20+ years.
Old 12-13-2011   #29
WesHighTower
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 WesHighTower is a quality contributor and well respectedWesHighTower is a quality contributor and well respectedWesHighTower is a quality contributor and well respectedWesHighTower is a quality contributor and well respectedWesHighTower is a quality contributor and well respectedWesHighTower is a quality contributor and well respectedWesHighTower is a quality contributor and well respectedWesHighTower is a quality contributor and well respectedWesHighTower is a quality contributor and well respectedWesHighTower is a quality contributor and well respectedWesHighTower is a quality contributor and well respected

The joke is on them. Any reporter/journalist who fails to acknowledge the success of our team, only proves they don't know half as much about NFL football as they would like us to believe.
Old 12-13-2011   #30
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
It is Colin Cowherd. He's right there with Skip Bayless. Cowherd is a complete ass.
Skip Bayless is a tebow man lover right now......they should rename First Take ....to First Love for Tebow.......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #31
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I would enjoy having more disrespect than unearned respect. It has been a life long observation that most of the folks who discuss respect, are often not worthy of or able to provide respect themselves.

The symbiotic respect between the team and its fan base is more important than a Generalist in a studio, who is taking the cue from a producer watching trending information.

Respect what you're seeing on Sunday, this does not happen to often around here.
Old 12-13-2011   #32
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post

EDIT: I love that they are flying under radar but I want my cake so I can eat it too. Really, I just want my highlights but if I got those the Texans then have a radar signature.
Um, WHAT?
Old 12-13-2011   #33
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74500 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Cowherd is generating traffic for the ESPN website and himself, which is what he is paid to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
And he picked the Texans as his break out team in the preseason....

This is called playing both sides against the middle. No matter how things work out, he'll be pointing out how he was right, and how much smarter he was than everyone else in the process.
Old 12-14-2011   #34
Bull Butter
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Bull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respected

True Cowturd story.........I was listening to his show one day (summer 2010) and he was on one of his usual rants about how small-market teams are irrelevant and his comment was something like....."Seattle and San Francisco, you're not interesting, that's why we don't talk about you". Not 10 seconds later, he went to a station break with "Tomorrow in the Herd, 49ers coach Mike Singletary...."
Bull Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #35
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Um, WHAT?
Matter of opinion. Like you, I have one too.
Old 12-15-2011   #36
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the dissin' from the national media- I think it helps keep our guys motivated and really who gives a flip what they think?
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #37
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares?? Most of the media sucks anyway. Even if they give us props, there's usually a BUT in there somewhere.

I just hope our coaches post this crap for our boys to see.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Since we've proven (via Atlanta and Cincinanti) that we can win with TJ Yates, that list is bogus. Most especially Jets and Atlanta being rated above us. That's just idiotic and laughable.
Our offense has also improved to the #2 rushing offense in the league over that time against top 10 defenses.

To me, power rankings are just some guys idea of who is playing the best football at the time. I generally don't agree with any of them 100%. I do think we are slighted a bit when the 49ers, who have lost 2 of their last three make the list when we are on a 7 game win streak.

I feel slighted that both Atlanta & Cincy are on the list when we just beat them back-to-back.

I understand the apprehension about the QB issue & I understand if they believe there is no way we can sustain what we've done over the last 7 games..... it defies all logic.

So seeing that we are not in his top 10 just reaffirms, to me, that something special is going on in Houston.

Old 12-15-2011   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I guess in everyone's eyes we only win this division because Payton Manning is not playing. One question I have for them is, why didn't they ever say he was winning the division back in the days because he had us in the division?
I think that is what they've been saying.

If you think about it, San Diego & the Colts have probably had so much trouble in the post season because they've been padding their stats & drinking the kool-aide in weak divisions.
Old 12-15-2011   #40
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
Skip Bayless is a tebow man lover right now......they should rename First Take ....to First Love for Tebow.......
Bayless loves all young men ... only young men ... VY, too.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read