Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2011   #21
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Let's Talk Carolina Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'd like to see a nice lead and have Delhomme get some snaps against his former team.
I would love to see our guys take a nice lead but you gotta keep Yates in, IMO. He needs the reps unless, of course, they run it out.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #22
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see Cam being able or really wanting to try using his feet with the way our LB Core has been decimating runners this year. So hopefully well just make Cam beat us in the air which although he is really good at it I think we can stop him.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #23
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing I'm concerned about is the fact that their coach was a Wade Phillips disciple on D at San Diego. Seems like he'd know what we are running on Defense right?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
One thing I'm concerned about is the fact that their coach was a Wade Phillips disciple on D at San Diego. Seems like he'd know what we are running on Defense right?
Watching their defense play, I'd assume he didn't take notes.

Old 12-16-2011   #25
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Wade was gone by the time Rivera showed up. Rivera went to SD in 07. Wade went to dallas in 07

I think Rivera might've been a Jim Johnson disciple, may he rest in peace. Great defensive mind
Old 12-16-2011   #26
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Wade was gone by the time Rivera showed up. Rivera went to SD in 07. Wade went to dallas in 07

I think Rivera might've been a Jim Johnson disciple, may he rest in peace. Great defensive mind
Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 12-16-2011   #27
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

TBO i dont think we will be has loud has last time why cause i think some people will be content its the pats and ravens dont lose from here on out the have the 1 and 2 on lock even if we win out ....

sooo but i do think we will be loud i mean we will be super loud for our first playoff game weather that will be in the WC or Div round
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2011   #28
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Do you know they got their butts chewed?
Kubiak was asked in one of his interviews what adjustments they made at halftime, and he responded with something to the effect saying once he finished yelling at everyone, he and the coaches went in and made some changes.
Old 12-16-2011   #29
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
TBO i dont think we will be has loud has last time why cause i think some people will be content its the pats and ravens dont lose from here on out the have the 1 and 2 on lock even if we win out ....

sooo but i do think we will be loud i mean we will be super loud for our first playoff game weather that will be in the WC or Div round

GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #30
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

Johnsonfan, is that you?

For the newbies, time for this thread to get bumped

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ighlight=roach
Old 12-16-2011   #31
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

might be the toughest road crowd cam has faced all season...
Old 12-16-2011   #32
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I literally laughed my ass off when I got down to this after reading good ole norg's post. Still chuckling!

Sapp's a funny dude

+Rep
Old 12-16-2011   #33
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I literally laughed my ass off when I got down to this after reading good ole norg's post. Still chuckling!

Sapp's a funny dude

+Rep
Even funnier in that Our Family Wedding movie with Carlos Mencia and Forrest Whittaker! MAMA! MAMA!
Old 12-16-2011   #34
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like this match up due to the fact that Cam Newton presents all kind of problems with his athleticism and his down field passing with those two tight ends & steve smith can cause problems. Then throw in the 1-2 punch at running back they can score points on anyone they just can't stop anyone so we just have to play smart and attack off the edges and plug up the middle we will be fine just the injuries scare me.
Old 12-16-2011   #35
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
I don't like this match up due to the fact that Cam Newton presents all kind of problems with his athleticism and his down field passing with those two tight ends & steve smith can cause problems. Then throw in the 1-2 punch at running back they can score points on anyone they just can't stop anyone so we just have to play smart and attack off the edges and plug up the middle we will be fine just the injuries scare me.
We run the ball like mad, keeping their offense on the bench, and wearing out their defense.
I'm thinking it will be kinda close at the beginning of the 4th, with us ahead something like 17-14. Then I think we score 10 or so points, and put them away 27-14, maybe 27-17.
This game has Yates throwing less than 20 passes written all over it, because I really don't think they'll have an answer for our run game.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #36
texanway
Rookie

Rep Power: 73 texanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respected

watch out for cam. he will get you at any time!
texanway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #37
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57330 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
I don't see Cam being able or really wanting to try using his feet with the way our LB Core has been decimating runners this year. So hopefully well just make Cam beat us in the air which although he is really good at it I think we can stop him.
You really think Cam completely changes his style of play for one game? He is what he is, he'll make some plays with his feet and not think twice about it.
Old 12-16-2011   #38
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 183943 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

If the defense doesn't play up emotionally with Wade being out, I'll be surprised.
The Panther's D is just what Yates needs to get his next win.
Old 12-16-2011   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Old 12-16-2011   #40
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I disagree totally. I don't see how you can have a trap game in an atmosphere like the one we will see this Sunday.
You're assuming everyone will be in their seats by kickoff time and not still out in the parking lot tailgating.

I'm not that certain.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read