Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2011   #1
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Let's Talk Carolina Panthers

Ok, I've heard some of you speculate that this looks like a classic trap game to you. While I can certainly understand that point of view, I could not possibly disagree more.

December 18, 2011 is going to be the loudest day in the history of Reliant Stadium. The crowd will be absolutely insane.
We have a lot of very young, very hungry, and very fired up players anchoring our defense who are going to feed off the crowd's electricity like piranhas on a side of beef.

I think this game is going to be a complete massacre, honestly.

I see us beating the Panthers by 14 points or more.
I like what Cam Newton can do both with his arm, and his legs, but he's never faced anything like he will see Sunday. He's never seen a defense like this, and he's never been in a stadium that will be out of control like Reliant will be.

This is gonna be fun.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #2
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Re: Let's Talk Carolina Panthers

Cam Newton is a beast, but their D is too weak. We will run the ball, kill on time of possession, our D will make stops and we'll win.

The only thing I hope for is no more injuries.

I can see this a let down game though too, we do have something to play for to lock up homefield throughout, but after clinching the South and never having been in this position I could see some sloppy play.

Carolina was leading Atlanta for 3 Quarters, they aren't on the Colts level.
Old 12-13-2011   #3
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 115966 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry, but I can't talk panthers over the sound of how awesome this is!

I kid.

The Panthers are terrible on defense and I don't think they have the horses up front to slow down the running attack. They shouldn't have any trouble running clock and building a respectable lead.

As far as how Wade will handle Cam, here is an excerpt from a recent interview:

Reporter: Who are you going to bring on the blitz against rookie phenom Cam Newton?
Wade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB_deAcoC2I

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see a nice lead and have Delhomme get some snaps against his former team.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #5
michaelm
vox nihili

Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't talk panthers over the sound of how awesome this is!

I kid.

The Panthers are terrible on defense and I don't think they have the horses up front to slow down the running attack. They shouldn't have any trouble running clock and building a respectable lead.

As far as how Wade will handle Cam, here is an excerpt from a recent interview:

Reporter: Who are you going to bring on the blitz against rookie phenom Cam Newton?
Wade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB_deAcoC2I
Bring me everyone. Funny shyte.

MSR...
Old 12-13-2011   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cam is very talented, but he makes some very poor decisions at times. I think we will be ok.
Old 12-13-2011   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 361879 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
I can see this a let down game though too, we do have something to play for to lock up homefield throughout, but after clinching the South and never having been in this position I could see some sloppy play.
Here is where I think it is a good thing the Texans played sloppily the first half against the Bengals. They got their butts chewed and responded in the second half. I'm sure they will be reminded of the 1st half several times this week.
Old 12-13-2011   #8
digitalswim
Sleepwalker

Rep Power: 1590 digitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respected

This game is huge in my eyes. Both the Steelers and the Ravens could easily lose their games since they play tough teams. The patriots will likely roll the rest of the way so we need to keep pace. I am still hoping we can get a bye in the playoffs to rest up some of our wounded.
digitalswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll chew em!

Yeah, that's me being cocky

If we stop Newton I think we'll win, let us get 3-4 INT's!
Old 12-13-2011   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 287880 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

The Panthers are a good team with a bad record.

I watched the game against the Falcons yesterday.

In the first half, they were getting to Ryan with their front four. Those guys were playing lights out, disruptive defense. In the second half, they disappeared.

In the first half, Cam Newton was well nigh unstoppable. He was making good throws and a bear to bring down. In the second half, he turned into a rookie.

DeAngelo Williams and J. Stewart are beasts and so is Steve Smith. So you can't sleep on this offense. They're tough. They can break long plays and they can score a lot of points.

So this game worries me. If they play like they played in that first half for the whole game against us, we could easily get blown out.

I expect Reliant to be LOUD, though.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Of our last three games, the only one I'm even remotely worried about is the last one. The Titans will sersiously want to stick a pin in our balloon.

The Panthers.....meh..... The Colts I can only laugh at.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #12
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131856 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Of our last three games, the only one I'm even remotely worried about is the last one. The Titans will sersiously want to stick a pin in our balloon.

The Panthers.....meh..... The Colts I can only laugh at.
If anything, the way the schedule plays out Week 17 has high potential to be meaningless for us and VERY importnat for the Titans. Then comes the dilema.....sit or play starters?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
If anything, the way the schedule plays out Week 17 has high potential to be meaningless for us and VERY importnat for the Titans. Then comes the dilema.....sit or play starters?
If the Titans are playing for a playoff spot, it'll be a rough game. But I don't think Yates was going to sit it out anyway. He needs the reps to get ready for the playoffs even if the Titans have given up by then or not.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #14
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 13090 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Classic trap game. If this were the old Texans I'd be worried but kubes & Wade haven't let us down all year.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #15
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
If the last game ends up meaningless (nothing to gain or lose) then the starters rest most of the game I'm sure.

I heard Cam has 1 more INT than TD pass for the season, so perhaps having someone to spy on him so he can't run them in....
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #16
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Classic trap game. If this were the old Texans I'd be worried but kubes & Wade haven't let us down all year.
I disagree totally. I don't see how you can have a trap game in an atmosphere like the one we will see this Sunday.
Old 12-13-2011   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Ok, I've heard some of you speculate that this looks like a classic trap game to you. While I can certainly understand that point of view, I could not possibly disagree more.

December 18, 2011 is going to be the loudest day in the history of Reliant Stadium. The crowd will be absolutely insane.
We have a lot of very young, very hungry, and very fired up players anchoring our defense who are going to feed off the crowd's electricity like piranhas on a side of beef.

I think this game is going to be a complete massacre, honestly.

I see us beating the Panthers by 14 points or more.
I like what Cam Newton can do both with his arm, and his legs, but he's never faced anything like he will see Sunday. He's never seen a defense like this, and he's never been in a stadium that will be out of control like Reliant will be.

This is gonna be fun.
I've given up on trying to predict how a game will go this year. These are a new breed of Texans & they're just unpredictable.

But what I will say, is that Cam (& yes, it is all about Cam) is at his best when things don't go according to plan. When things break down, he finds a way. & with Steve Smith (a play waiting to happen) lurking deep & their two running backs......

It's going to be a game to remember.
Old 12-13-2011   #18
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Tennessee makes the playoffs in all likelihood they'll be facing Houston in the first round. I've seen plenty of times where you let a team walk into the playoffs in a "meaningless" game for you, only to have them kick your ass when it really matters (NYJ/CIN 2009). I would rather just be done away with them in week 17.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Here is where I think it is a good thing the Texans played sloppily the first half against the Bengals. They got their butts chewed and responded in the second half. I'm sure they will be reminded of the 1st half several times this week.
Do you know they got their butts chewed?

I heard Kubiak say that he told the team that TJ was playing well & everyone else had to step up & help the kid... but that was all I heard.

Thought it was pretty funny too.
Old 12-13-2011   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we will wrangle the Panthers. I think they will make some plays, but I think Cam will be held in check...I don't think Smith will have a lot of big plays...I think the offense will roll and we'll come out with a comfortable W...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read