Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-16-2011   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
It might rule him out, I wont dispute that. I just think it would be a shame to write him off purely because of that. Hopefully Smithiak does interview him to get a better sense of the guy.
BL nails it as Harris needs to sell himself in the combine interviews. Stupidity can be corrected IF the GM buys it.

Still would the Texans be looking for a CB in third if it were a defensive only draft?
Old 12-16-2011   #22
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess while I am here I can throw one together-

Round 1- Memphis NT Dontari Poe
Round 2- Oklahoma OLB Ronnell Lewis
Round 3- CB Cliff Harris
Round 4- California ILB Mychal Hendricks
Round 5- Arkansas DE Jake Bequette
Round 6- Arizona CB/SS Robert Golden
Round 7- Michigan DE Ryan Van Bergen
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #23
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anyone else noticed from doing these all offense/defense mocks that the all offense mock was alot easier to do and their seems to be alot more offensive talent in this draft than defensive talent. Overall this is a poor year for the draft, the overall talent level seems low and I think many players will be taken a round or 2 higher than they would be compared to a good draft year. I think much of this can be attributed to the new CBA and the fact that so many juniors came out last year to get into the NFL under the old rules.

As for the interviews held during the Combine, I've read articles the past couple years after the Combine of players who did poorly in their interviews due to not telling the whole truth. When asked about their arrest history the player will mention one arrest only when they've actually been arrested numerous times. Teams aren't stupid, just like a Police interview, they have done their homework and know the real answers to the questions even before you respond. They're just trying to see if the player will tell the truth. For a player to tell a team that he's matured and learned his lesson and the team can now trust him and then fail to tell the whole truth just shows the team what a liar/dirt bag the player really is. The same goes to the piss test, if you can't lay off the weed long enough for the biggest job interview of your life then you've got a bad case of the dumb ass disease.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #24
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I guess while I am here I can throw one together-

Round 1- Memphis NT Dontari Poe
Round 2- Oklahoma OLB Ronnell Lewis
Round 3- CB Cliff Harris
Round 4- California ILB Mychal Hendricks
Round 5- Arkansas DE Jake Bequette
Round 6- Arizona CB/SS Robert Golden
Round 7- Michigan DE Ryan Van Bergen
I'm still iffy on Dontari Poe until I can see some actual film of him playing I'm not spending a 1st round pick blindly. Overall that's a pretty good mock and fills our depth holes pretty well. I wonder if Bequette, because of his size, could make the switch to OLB? He's got great size for the position.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #25
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I'm still iffy on Dontari Poe until I can see some actual film of him playing I'm not spending a 1st round pick blindly. Overall that's a pretty good mock and fills our depth holes pretty well. I wonder if Bequette, because of his size, could make the switch to OLB? He's got great size for the position.
Thats very fair, and how it should be done. I would feel a lot more comfortable if I saw more of Poe, but I feel confident that he is worth the pick. Also he is at a position of need.

I have Bequette as a DE, maybe dropping back as a trick play. The guy is a baller, so even though he is not a perfect fit for the 3-4, I want him on the team.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read