Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011   #1
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame
 
Wolf6151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 3,333
Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Defense Heavy Mock.

TK's offense heavy mock was successful so we naturally need a defense heavy mock. All defensive players, no offense allowed, fill the holes and depth needed on defense. Let's seem them.

1. Brandon Thompson-DT/NT from Clemson, big man with excellent athletic moves for his size. Holds up to double teams well but can also penetrate which is perfect for Wade's 1 gap system.
2. Casey Hayward-CB from Vanderbilt, decent size but good speed and a ballhawk, also plays the run well.
3. Audie Cole-ILB from N.C. State, very tall ILB so he should be able to add some weight easily without losing athleticism. Very good college production and good speed.
4. Travian Robertson-DE from S. Carolina, great size for the position with great speed as well. Didn't have the best college production but I think this guy has potential to work well into our DE rotation.
5. Eddie Whitley-FS from Virginia Tech, good size and great speed. Good college production but not great during his senior season, better at pass protection than playing the run but I think that's what Wade wants from his Safeties.
6. J.R. Sweezy-DE from N.C. State, a Travian Robertson clone in size and speed. He had limited production due to injury in the preseason. Lots of potential here.
7. Kyle Martens-P from Rice, huge P the size of a LB. Big leg with good directional accuracy as well. Insurance in case Hartmann can't return from torn ACL injury.

Let's see your all defense mocks.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

All Defense:

1) Janoris Jenkins - Arrest issues, but super talented. Former Florida Gator now at North Alabama. Would come in and immediately challenge for the Nickel spot and would make the competition and depth at corner really good. Allen may be gone in FA, so we will likely need some talent here.

2) Jared Crick - Nebraska DE/DT Similar to JJ Watt in size and weight. Talented player coming off season ending injury. Would Be good value here and would add quality depth to the D-line. Would allow us to mix in some 4-3 fronts as a base package. We could use some good depth at the DE positions. We are kind of thin there.

3) Sylvester Williams - North Carolina DT/NT, Would help with the rotation of Cody and Mitchell. May also help to provide more beef in Short yardage situations. Talented player that needs some refining.

4) Trumaine Johnson - CB/FS, Nicknamed Tru. Very Talented Guy. Maybe low balling him here. After the combine he may go higher. 6'2" and moves very well. Goes after the ball in the air, makes plays. He's from a small school and that is what will probably hurt him, but still, I think some team may grab him before the us in the 4th. If not, I'd take him.

5) Jerry Franklin - Arkansas, LB. Another productive LB. Played in the SEC so he has that going for him. May be lowballing him here too, but if he slips this far I'd love to have him.

6) Max Gruder - ILB, Pitt. Another highly productive player that played against good competition. Tackles well and decent instincts. Would be good depth in the LB corps.

7) Sean Cattouse - SS from Cal. Tall guy at 6'2", nice size. Good athleticism. Probably a practice squad guy, but could contribute on special teams. May go earlier than this, but if not he would be a good pick up here.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Age: 28
Posts: 7,648
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
TK's offense heavy mock was successful so we naturally need a defense heavy mock. All defensive players, no offense allowed, fill the holes and depth needed on defense. Let's seem them.

1. Brandon Thompson-DT/NT from Clemson, big man with excellent athletic moves for his size. Holds up to double teams well but can also penetrate which is perfect for Wade's 1 gap system.
2. Casey Hayward-CB from Vanderbilt, decent size but good speed and a ballhawk, also plays the run well.
3. Audie Cole-ILB from N.C. State, very tall ILB so he should be able to add some weight easily without losing athleticism. Very good college production and good speed.
4. Travian Robertson-DE from S. Carolina, great size for the position with great speed as well. Didn't have the best college production but I think this guy has potential to work well into our DE rotation.
5. Eddie Whitley-FS from Virginia Tech, good size and great speed. Good college production but not great during his senior season, better at pass protection than playing the run but I think that's what Wade wants from his Safeties.
6. J.R. Sweezy-DE from N.C. State, a Travian Robertson clone in size and speed. He had limited production due to injury in the preseason. Lots of potential here.
7. Kyle Martens-P from Rice, huge P the size of a LB. Big leg with good directional accuracy as well. Insurance in case Hartmann can't return from torn ACL injury.

Let's see your all defense mocks.
Nice! I've only read about Cole and Sweezy and they sound like players to me, nice mock!


I actuallly posted one in another thread so I'll just copy it here:
Here's my all-D for no reason mock:

1. Jerel Worthy DT/DE 6'3'' 310 5.04 Strong, quick for a big man. Gets decent pressure, plays the run well.
2. Alemeda Ta'amu DT 6'3'' 337 5.22 Human wall. Run stopper. DL becomes a brutal wrecking ball with these 2 picks, freeing up the LBs to shine even brighter.
3. Vinny Curry DE/OLB 6'3'' 263 4.74 Relentless, strong, good work ethic. Great depth behind Barwin and Reed.
4. George Iloka FS 6'3'' 215 4.50 Big, fast safety depth and special teams.
5. Tyler Nielsen LB 6'3'' 235 4.54 Fast, tackling machine, good depth anywhere backing the line and special teams
6. Jake Bequette DE/OLB 6'5'' 271 4.61 A Barwin clone from the SEC? Thanks.
7. Robert Golden CB 5'11'' 200 4.54 Decent measurables for a 7th round CB

Here you get another every down DL to pair with Watt, the big run plugger, a couple shots at replacing Mario with big athletic rushers, LB depth, S depth and CB depth/special teamers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
All Defense:

1) Janoris Jenkins - Arrest issues, but super talented. Former Florida Gator now at North Alabama. Would come in and immediately challenge for the Nickel spot and would make the competition and depth at corner really good. Allen may be gone in FA, so we will likely need some talent here.

2) Jared Crick - Nebraska DE/DT Similar to JJ Watt in size and weight. Talented player coming off season ending injury. Would Be good value here and would add quality depth to the D-line. Would allow us to mix in some 4-3 fronts as a base package. We could use some good depth at the DE positions. We are kind of thin there.

3) Sylvester Williams - North Carolina DT/NT, Would help with the rotation of Cody and Mitchell. May also help to provide more beef in Short yardage situations. Talented player that needs some refining.

4) Trumaine Johnson - CB/FS, Nicknamed Tru. Very Talented Guy. Maybe low balling him here. After the combine he may go higher. 6'2" and moves very well. Goes after the ball in the air, makes plays. He's from a small school and that is what will probably hurt him, but still, I think some team may grab him before the us in the 4th. If not, I'd take him.

5) Jerry Franklin - Arkansas, LB. Another productive LB. Played in the SEC so he has that going for him. May be lowballing him here too, but if he slips this far I'd love to have him.

6) Max Gruder - ILB, Pitt. Another highly productive player that played against good competition. Tackles well and decent instincts. Would be good depth in the LB corps.

7) Sean Cattouse - SS from Cal. Tall guy at 6'2", nice size. Good athleticism. Probably a practice squad guy, but could contribute on special teams. May go earlier than this, but if not he would be a good pick up here.
I liked everything but the 1st round CB, that's too much money in Joseph, Jackson and alliteration wow! Janoris Jenkins. Plus you've got a couple young guys in McCain, Carmichael and Harris...one of them should become a nickel/challenge for 2nd spot. Plus you picked up some good DBs later.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame
 
Wolf6151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 3,333
Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Come on BL, BB, RM65 and others let's see your all defense mocks... For me the all defense mock was harder to do than the all offense one.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,244
Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Picking #27

1. Dont 'a Hightower LB: to back up Ryans. ALso BPA
2. Alemeda Ta'Amu NT: dropped to this spot but if he can't beat Cody still is better than Mitchell whom I move to DE and cut a player.
2b Vinny Curry OLB: I trade up (as we did with Harris)to N.E. apprx #60 Curry is undervalued and will back up Mario. Reed backs up Barwin. ALso cover us if Mario gone.
3 traded
4. Winston Guy FS/SS/CB: BPA and backs up Quin and Manning allows cuts in DBs including one at corner.
5. Traded
6. Kyle Martins Punter: best punter avail.
7. BPA

On defense, it will behard to beat out the starters. I am tempted to select Dontari Poe NT in first and in second CB Casey Hayward my #2 rated Corner in draft as I think he could bebetter than KJ, Allen and perhaps Harris.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #6
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame
 
Wolf6151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 3,333
Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Picking #27

1. Dont 'a Hightower LB: to back up Ryans. ALso BPA
2. Alemeda Ta'Amu NT: dropped to this spot but if he can't beat Cody still is better than Mitchell whom I move to DE and cut a player.
2b Vinny Curry OLB: I trade up (as we did with Harris)to N.E. apprx #60 Curry is undervalued and will back up Mario. Reed backs up Barwin. ALso cover us if Mario gone.
3 traded
4. Winston Guy FS/SS/CB: BPA and backs up Quin and Manning allows cuts in DBs including one at corner.
5. Traded
6. Kyle Martins Punter: best punter avail.
7. BPA

On defense, it will behard to beat out the starters. I am tempted to select Dontari Poe NT in first and in second CB Casey Hayward my #2 rated Corner in draft as I think he could bebetter than KJ, Allen and perhaps Harris.
I like it with the exception of Ta'amu. He fits the traditional 2 gap NT role but not Wade's 1 gap system and the more I watch of him on film the less I like him. He's got 1st round size and 3rd round talent. The rest of the players add quality depth.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Age: 28
Posts: 7,648
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Picking #27

1. Dont 'a Hightower LB: to back up Ryans. ALso BPA
2. Alemeda Ta'Amu NT: dropped to this spot but if he can't beat Cody still is better than Mitchell whom I move to DE and cut a player.
2b Vinny Curry OLB: I trade up (as we did with Harris)to N.E. apprx #60 Curry is undervalued and will back up Mario. Reed backs up Barwin. ALso cover us if Mario gone.
3 traded
4. Winston Guy FS/SS/CB: BPA and backs up Quin and Manning allows cuts in DBs including one at corner.
5. Traded
6. Kyle Martins Punter: best punter avail.
7. BPA

On defense, it will behard to beat out the starters. I am tempted to select Dontari Poe NT in first and in second CB Casey Hayward my #2 rated Corner in draft as I think he could bebetter than KJ, Allen and perhaps Harris.
As far as all-D goes, that's pretty stout even though normally I wouldn't be thrilled with a 1st round backup MLBer
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2011   #8
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,244
Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I like it with the exception of Ta'amu. He fits the traditional 2 gap NT role but not Wade's 1 gap system and the more I watch of him on film the less I like him. He's got 1st round size and 3rd round talent. The rest of the players add quality depth.
Our NT currently does little besides tie up blockers and seldom gets past them. Ta'amu will do that well. We will not get a DT to play NT and get to the Qb not among these players.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #9
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,244
Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
As far as all-D goes, that's pretty stout even though normally I wouldn't be thrilled with a 1st round backup MLBer
AGreed but we are now to that point on defense. There is no other D player at #27 who will start.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Age: 28
Posts: 7,648
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
AGreed but we are now to that point on defense. There is no other D player at #27 who will start.
Exactly, which is why it's almost a certainty that the Texans go get an offensive guy next April
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #11
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,244
Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Exactly, which is why it's almost a certainty that the Texans go get an offensive guy next April
This is a defense only mock....?
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #12
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Age: 28
Posts: 7,648
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
As far as all-D goes, that's pretty stout even though normally I wouldn't be thrilled with a 1st round backup MLBer
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
AGreed but we are now to that point on defense. There is no other D player at #27 who will start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Exactly, which is why it's almost a certainty that the Texans go get an offensive guy next April
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
This is a defense only mock....?
Yup. I'm jus' sayin'...for real world purposes, unless Mario leaves and they get another Brooks Reed falling to them, it's nearly a lock that they go offense #1. For All-D mocks, fun. I guess just seeing it makes me cringe even though I know why we're selecting backup defenders in the first.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 51
Posts: 11,970
Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

I will play along

Rd.1 Josh Chapman, NT- Alabama, For all of the reasons stated above and should be there at pick 27-32.
Rd.2 Andre Branch, DE/OLB Clemson, Branch should make a great pass rushing OLB, adds depth.
Rd. 3 Cliff Harris CB/PR Oregon, Harris is a 1st rd talent that got in trouble for driving 118 MPH. Then had another driving related incident that got him kicked off the team. Sign him up for Defensive Driving and pick him in rd.3.
Rd.4 Keenan Robinson ILB, UT- Athletic playmaker, adds depth, great value
Rd.5 Hebron Fangupo. NT/DE BYU 6'2 330 LBS, USC transfer, watched him play against UT earlier this yr and came away impressed. He only drops this far because of an ankle injury he suffered earlier this yr.
Rd.6 Taylor Thompson DE, SMU, 6'6 285 LBS, extremely athletic DE a sleeper who fits in well on the Texans playing fast type of defense.
Rd. 7 Troy Woolfolk, CB Michigan- Butch Woolfolks son, was highly rated coming out of HS, played well in college but was very injury prone, worth taking a flier on in the 7th rd of the draft.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #14
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,244
Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Yup. I'm jus' sayin'...for real world purposes, unless Mario leaves and they get another Brooks Reed falling to them, it's nearly a lock that they go offense #1. For All-D mocks, fun. I guess just seeing it makes me cringe even though I know why we're selecting backup defenders in the first.
I'm calling for WR is first two rounds in full mock.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #15
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,244
Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I will play along

Rd.1 Josh Chapman, NT- Alabama, For all of the reasons stated above and should be there at pick 27-32.
Rd.2 Andre Branch, DE/OLB Clemson, Branch should make a great pass rushing OLB, adds depth.
Rd. 3 Cliff Harris CB/PR Oregon, Harris is a 1st rd talent that got in trouble for driving 118 MPH. Then had another driving related incident that got him kicked off the team. Sign him up for Defensive Driving and pick him in rd.3.
Rd.4 Keenan Robinson ILB, UT- Athletic playmaker, adds depth, great value
Rd.5 Hebron Fangupo. NT/DE BYU 6'2 330 LBS, USC transfer, watched him play against UT earlier this yr and came away impressed. He only drops this far because of an ankle injury he suffered earlier this yr.
Rd.6 Taylor Thompson DE, SMU, 6'6 285 LBS, extremely athletic DE a sleeper who fits in well on the Texans playing fast type of defense.
Rd. 7 Troy Woolfolk, CB Michigan- Butch Woolfolks son, was highly rated coming out of HS, played well in college but was very injury prone, worth taking a flier on in the 7th rd of the draft.
Amigo, you are understating Cliff Harris' off field issues. It was not his driving issues that concern me but rather his seemingly do whatever he wants regardless to the point he hurt his team. Not sure McNair would allow him to be drafted.

Here is a history of his record:

Harris’ dismissal from Oregon on Monday followed a string of off-field incidents.

On Nov. 25, Harris was cited in his hometown of Fresno, Calif., for possession of less than an ounce of marijuana. Fresno police Lt. Don Gross said Harris had 28 grams of marijuana — “a very, very small amount,” Gross said.

Under California law, Gross said possession of less than an ounce of marijuana is not an offense for arrest. Harris was cited at the scene and released.

Harris drew national headlines after driving 118 mph on Interstate 5 with a suspended license in June.

He was suspended by Kelly for one game for that incident, and Harris’ family helped him pay thousands of dollars in fines related to that and several other traffic citations in Oregon and California.

Harris was suspended by Kelly again in October after being cited by Eugene police for driving with a suspended license, without proper insurance and without a seatbelt.

According to Buseman, Harris didn’t know his license was suspended during the October traffic stop.

He pleaded no contest to the driving with a suspended license violation and was entered in a diversion program. He paid a $100 fine for the seatbelt violation and provided proof of insurance.

The Register-Guard’s Rob Moseley contributed to this report.
http://www.registerguard.com/web/spo...cited.html.csp
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score
 
rmartin65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 24
Posts: 7,980
Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Harris in the 3rd would be a steal, badboy. The dude is extremely talented, and at least he is not beating his wife/gf or shooting himself in the leg. As far as character concerns go, it could be worse.

While I would understand if Bob wants to pass on Harris, I think he is well worth the risk in the 3rd.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,401
Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Harris in the 3rd would be a steal, badboy. The dude is extremely talented, and at least he is not beating his wife/gf or shooting himself in the leg. As far as character concerns go, it could be worse.

While I would understand if Bob wants to pass on Harris, I think he is well worth the risk in the 3rd.
Agreed.

Harris has playmaker skills that translate to the next level. one of the best in nation when on the field. dude is just plain stupid off it however, which will be addressed @ combine with intense interviewing process by interested NFL teams. That being said, I'm still waiting for the Harris Texans drafted in 2nd rd. to show up. More of a NFL nickle (can't beat out McCain) but can defiantly cover some guys up as well.
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #18
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 51
Posts: 11,970
Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Speeding tckets/driving with a small amount of pot aren't big issues to me. They may be to others. (Seems like a Cowgirl.)

However these issues took him from a late 1st to a 3rd. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #19
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,244
Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Harris in the 3rd would be a steal, badboy. The dude is extremely talented, and at least he is not beating his wife/gf or shooting himself in the leg. As far as character concerns go, it could be worse.

While I would understand if Bob wants to pass on Harris, I think he is well worth the risk in the 3rd.
I agree on Harris' talent but will his basically ignoring driving regulations be a deterrant to Texans drafting him? Shows lack of maturity. Miniscule amount of pot doesn't rule him out for me but Texans?
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #20
rmartin65
I'm Score
 
rmartin65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 24
Posts: 7,980
Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense Heavy Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I agree on Harris' talent but will his basically ignoring driving regulations be a deterrant to Texans drafting him? Shows lack of maturity. Miniscule amount of pot doesn't rule him out for me but Texans?
It might rule him out, I wont dispute that. I just think it would be a shame to write him off purely because of that. Hopefully Smithiak does interview him to get a better sense of the guy.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger