Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Can we win the Super Bowl?
No way in Hell 8 4.40%
We have a good shot of getting there, but won't win it... 6 3.30%
We will get bounced in the first game we play... 2 1.10%
We will likely win one and lose the next.. 14 7.69%
I have no f'n idea...Just enjoying the ride... 104 57.14%
We will win the whole thing. Playoffs will start and... Beastmode: [On] 48 26.37%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2011   #81
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you honestly believe we can win the Super Bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Actually they worked pretty well for him that season. They went to the playoffs after that meaningless game. We went home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Haha! And the meaningless card gets played.

If it had been meaningless, Brady wouldn't have been on the field.
Thank YOU!! They yanked Brady but brought him back when home-field was an issue.

Meaningless my ass!!! Typical revisionist history!
Old 12-13-2011   #82
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Just curious TK, (and while I know Hookem would love it), how do you come up with the Giants?
I think they're the most complete team in the NFC when you also factor in stability. They're dealing with some issues, not as well as we are, but they're dealing.

I think they're about to hit their stride & will be very difficult to beat in the upcoming weeks.
Old 12-13-2011   #83
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think they're the most complete team in the NFC when you also factor in stability. They're dealing with some issues, not as well as we are, but they're dealing.

I think they're about to hit their stride & will be very difficult to beat in the upcoming weeks.
They definately have the defense to make a run .... and Eli is no slouch at QB.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #84
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think Greenbay will get back to the Super Bowl. It's going to be the Giants.
Wow! There's a ballsy prediction.

I guess it wouldn't be the first time they took the long road to the big game.

They've been playing pretty well lately. We'll see.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #85
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

This team has made me a believer.
Old 12-13-2011   #86
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Fair enough TK but I just see the Pack "head and shoulders" above anything in the NFC... It will be interesting to see how things shake out, no?
Old 12-13-2011   #87
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
This team has made me a believer.
Dude...... I'm thinking of Redd Foxx!!

"This is the big one Elizabeth.. I'm coming to join you honey!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdi-1tIUhM
Old 12-13-2011   #88
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
They definately have the defense to make a run .... and Eli is no slouch at QB.
Is that sarcasm? Their defense has looked awful. How many times did the Cowboys get behind that secondary?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #89
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thank YOU!! They yanked Brady but brought him back when home-field was an issue.

Kinda. If you watched the Bill Belichick Football Life, they talked about not playing the starters much against us. Guess they changed their minds when the Texans didn't lay down.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #90
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Fair enough TK but I just see the Pack "head and shoulders" above anything in the NFC... It will be interesting to see how things shake out, no?
I think this play-off season will probably be the best we've had in a long while. Of all the possible games & combinations, there isn't one game I can't wait to see.
Old 12-13-2011   #91
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Wow! There's a ballsy prediction.

I guess it wouldn't be the first time they took the long road to the big game.

They've been playing pretty well lately. We'll see.
Who would've predicted a GB SB win followed by 13-0? Only die hards. 1-0 every week is what does that. I think the Texans match up well with every team but Baltimore.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #92
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I think the Texans match up well with every team but Baltimore.
Ravens are the best team in the AFC, no question.

If Houston has to play them again, here's to hoping the game's at Reliant.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #93
clutch
Rookie

Rep Power: 960 clutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respected

If everyone on the team was healthy then we have a good chance.. just not seeing us go far in the playoffs.. but we have a good shot at winning the first game of coarse..
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #94
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Who would've predicted a GB SB win followed by 13-0? Only die hards. 1-0 every week is what does that. I think the Texans match up well with every team but Baltimore.
Well it might depend on who you neg. rep again.....
Old 12-13-2011   #95
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

The Steelers always find a way to win in the playoffs I would not count them out.
Old 12-13-2011   #96
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Kinda. If you watched the Bill Belichick Football Life, they talked about not playing the starters much against us. Guess they changed their minds when the Texans didn't lay down.
Kinda.... No, EXACTLY!!! The Texans weren't laying down for anyone and the Patriots threw Brady back out there.

Quote:
I think this play-off season will probably be the best we've had "in a long while". Of all the possible games & combinations, there isn't one game I can't wait to see.
I'm with you TK!!! GO TEXANS!! It's been 18 years (I was 26) since I've seen a playoff game as it matters to us!! FML!!!
Old 12-13-2011   #97
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we match up poorly against Baltimore, I just think they have a lot of talent. They have big possession receivers and Torrey smith a burner.

Their defense is great all the way around. But I think that we could control their offense and give ourselves a chance.

Jets are talented too and I can see them getting in and upsetting some folks.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #98
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
If everyone on the team was healthy then we have a good chance.. just not seeing us go far in the playoffs.. but we have a good shot at winning the first game of coarse..
Good to see you posting here clutch.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #99
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb729 View Post
Let me add a little insight to a team that (probably) no one here hears about as much as I do.
Background: I live about 15 minutes from Gillette Stadium aka the home of the Patriots. I read/listen to a lot of local sports talk, mainly because I love the other three hometown teams but, as you would expect, I hear about the Patriots a hell of a lot.

Couple points on them:

A. The media here has very little confidence in this Patriots defense (with good reason). This in itself doesn't mean much, but a lot of it is justified. They look good against who they should look good against, absolutely terrible against anyone else. Example: I was at the MNF game vs the Chiefs and I can't count how many times I asked how exactly Tyler Palko had a job as a quarterback. Yet, as you may have seen in recent weeks, they've been shredded vs Orlovsky and Grossman, legitimately. They weren't playing backups for the most part, because, well, their secondary depth is very limited. Their front 7 can put pressure on the quarterback, but they're not immune from being beat with the run, especially one of the Texan's caliber.

B. The whole "Can't bet against Bill and Tom in the playoffs" mantra is dead. They left a large part of their playoff confidence in big games in Phoenix 3 years ago.

C. Outside of snow and obvious "home cooking", Gillette provides very little home field advantage for the Patriots. The fans are soft and the stadium isn't set up to be loud. Not to mention the Pats have lost both playoff games there since 08 season.

D. On paper, their offense isn't difficult to slow down. Very rarely have I noticed both Hernandez and Gronkowski running routes on the same play, leaving either one of them and Welker to be the only concerns for coverage. (Not sure if any advanced stats support this, just my observation) Going further, once Brady has a little pressure on him, he loses his progressions past the two of them and often throws it away/at the feet of the running back. He has very little confidence in any of the other receivers on the roster. Speaking the running backs, their running game is brutal, nothing special whatsoever.

I know this is just one team we may have to go through, but as it looks now, it may be the game to get us to the SB.

Sorry for the long winded post, just felt as though it was all relevant and could be of interest.
Thanks for posting. Can't wait to see them in the AFCC.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #100
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
According to that episode of A Football Life about Belichick (which was awesome, btw), they intended to start Brady in the second half for offensive rhythm out of the half. They started the backup at the end of the first half to give him a chance to run a two minute offense. That was part of the gameplan.

There was no reason to play to win for the Patriots, as playoff seeding was already in place prior to the start of the game. Winning or losing had absolutely no bearing on position in the playoffs (#3 vs. #4 spots, which is meaningless). If it was important, the Patriots would have played starters the entire game.

It's not even speculation at this point after I saw that documentary about Belichick. It was recorded during that entire season, and we just happen to be the last game they played in the regular season.

Here is a report prior to the game:

Quote:
Overview: The Patriots finally locked up the AFC East last week and may rest their starters versus Houston. The Texans on the other hand are fighting for their playoff lives. They need to win and get a lot of help

New England: Will Bill Belichick rest his starters?

The Patriots do not have much to play for this Sunday in Houston. The AFC East Crown is back where it belongs and the only thing not determines is the #3 and #4 seeds. With a victory, the Patriots will clinch the #3 seed over Cincinnati.

How important is the #3 seed?

Not a whole lot.

I say rest Tom Brady, Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren, and the rest of the nicked up starters. No need to put them in harmís way for one rung up the playoff ladder.

Source

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read