Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Can we win the Super Bowl?
No way in Hell 8 4.40%
We have a good shot of getting there, but won't win it... 6 3.30%
We will get bounced in the first game we play... 2 1.10%
We will likely win one and lose the next.. 14 7.69%
I have no f'n idea...Just enjoying the ride... 104 57.14%
We will win the whole thing. Playoffs will start and... Beastmode: [On] 48 26.37%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2011   #61
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you honestly believe we can win the Super Bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Haven't stopped believing for 10 yrs, why should I start now?

As for the poll! I'm just enjoying the ride! Whatever happens, happens, and NOTHING can take away this moment, RIGHT NOW, Dec 13 2011, of living part of the dream. IF we lose in the playoff round, I don't f-n care!! I KNOW our boys will play their hearts out, and that's enough for me. Football is a GAME, and on any given Sunday anything can happen. With the spirit and desire our boys have, I gotta keep on believing that good things will happen to our team, and our boys will fullfill THEIR dream, which just happens to be the same as mine!!!!
I have now words for my emotions right now so i will leave a pic that expresses them...

DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #62
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think they will win the SB, but their defense should give them a punchers chance of winning a game or 2.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #63
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys the firls rule of the playoffs is..."don't talk about the playoffs!" Has the Great Jim Mora taught us NOTHING?!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #64
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Guys the firls rule of the playoffs is..."don't talk about the playoffs!" Has the Great Jim Mora taught us NOTHING?!
I'm not superstitious...

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #65
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not superstitious...

lol! I think players should not talk about it, but I do not think fans have any impact on the outcome of games with the exception of homefield advantage that it the crowd can provide to the defense.

We are fans. We talk. We speculate. We debate. That's all we got. Reactions.
Old 12-13-2011   #66
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
lol! I think players should not talk about it, but I do not think fans have any impact on the outcome of games with the exception of homefield advantage that it the crowd can provide to the defense.

We are fans. We talk. We speculate. We debate. That's all we got. Reactions.
Yep...

Players should focus on one game at a time and put all of their energy into the next play.

But like you said...We are fans and outside of the noise factor we don't have a lot of influence...
Old 12-13-2011   #67
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Yep...

Players should focus on one game at a time and put all of their energy into the next play.

But like you said...We are fans and outside of the noise factor we don't have a lot of influence...
One of the awesome things about winning the division right now is having three regular season games to just enjoy it. No matter how the rest of the season plays out, we are secure in the fact that we are going to the playoffs!

Obviously, we all want to see 13-3 and homefield throughout, so not diminishing the remaining schedule. But damn if this feeling isn't a blast. Enjoy it to it's fullest. And that's the fun of chatting with other long-suffering Texans fans. We've got years of pent-up feelings and we all can relate to each other.
Old 12-13-2011   #68
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

mark sanchez got to the afc championship off a good run game and top tier defense, why not tj yates?

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #69
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Me thinks we should re-sign HWSNBN as a back-up. After all, he "knows the system"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Neg rep me back if you can stomach it. That was just a mean post.

I suppose we negative rep. jokes now, eh?? And no I wont neg rep you back, because negative repping someone is kinda chicken shit, no?
Old 12-13-2011   #70
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I voted that we'd likely win one and then get bounced in the next one.

But that's just my best guess.

The truth is: anything can happen.

Same here. That's what logic tells me considering the fact that we're so injured across the board and we've got a rookie going into the playoffs against teams like the Ravens, Steel Town, and the Pats. Just not something I'd ever be willing to bet my money on, and that's where you really know how you really feel. Would you bet money on this team in the playoffs?? I wouldn't. That doesn't mean that I don't feel that we have a strong chance in any game. I am becoming more and more of a believer in our ability to over achieve, and I think winning one game would even be doing that. I don't think we go all the way this year though. That's a little to much to ask, but I'll enjoy the ride either way.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #71
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
mark sanchez got to the afc championship off a good run game and top tier defense, why not tj yates?

That is definitely true. And Sanchez almost won that game as well. I had forgotten about that. Gives me a little more hope.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #72
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes. I think we beat the Steelers here to win the AFC Championship and then beat Green Bay to win it all.

Only 1 team in the league is in the top 10 in:
Scoring Offense (5) 25.4
Offensive yards (9) 378.9
Offensive Rushing yards (2) 151.9
Scoring Defense (4) 16.0
Defensive Yards (1) 274.9
Defensive Passing yards (3) 183.5
Defensive rushing yards (4) 91.5
Takeaway/giveaway (4) 10
Sacks given up (8t) 24
Sacks (6t) 36
Time of possession (1) 33:22

That would be us. I know all top teams have multiple categories that they are strong in, but those are all of the important ones.

I'm not saying we can't lose the Super Bowl, but I see no reason that we can't win it.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #73
arb729
Veteran

Rep Power: 420 arb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me add a little insight to a team that (probably) no one here hears about as much as I do.
Background: I live about 15 minutes from Gillette Stadium aka the home of the Patriots. I read/listen to a lot of local sports talk, mainly because I love the other three hometown teams but, as you would expect, I hear about the Patriots a hell of a lot.

Couple points on them:

A. The media here has very little confidence in this Patriots defense (with good reason). This in itself doesn't mean much, but a lot of it is justified. They look good against who they should look good against, absolutely terrible against anyone else. Example: I was at the MNF game vs the Chiefs and I can't count how many times I asked how exactly Tyler Palko had a job as a quarterback. Yet, as you may have seen in recent weeks, they've been shredded vs Orlovsky and Grossman, legitimately. They weren't playing backups for the most part, because, well, their secondary depth is very limited. Their front 7 can put pressure on the quarterback, but they're not immune from being beat with the run, especially one of the Texan's caliber.

B. The whole "Can't bet against Bill and Tom in the playoffs" mantra is dead. They left a large part of their playoff confidence in big games in Phoenix 3 years ago.

C. Outside of snow and obvious "home cooking", Gillette provides very little home field advantage for the Patriots. The fans are soft and the stadium isn't set up to be loud. Not to mention the Pats have lost both playoff games there since 08 season.

D. On paper, their offense isn't difficult to slow down. Very rarely have I noticed both Hernandez and Gronkowski running routes on the same play, leaving either one of them and Welker to be the only concerns for coverage. (Not sure if any advanced stats support this, just my observation) Going further, once Brady has a little pressure on him, he loses his progressions past the two of them and often throws it away/at the feet of the running back. He has very little confidence in any of the other receivers on the roster. Speaking the running backs, their running game is brutal, nothing special whatsoever.

I know this is just one team we may have to go through, but as it looks now, it may be the game to get us to the SB.

Sorry for the long winded post, just felt as though it was all relevant and could be of interest.
arb729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #74
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can we win the Super Bowl?
No way in Hell
We have a good shot of getting there, but won't win it...
We will get bounced in the first game we play...
We will likely win one and lose the next..
I have no f'n idea...Just enjoying the ride...
We will win the whole thing. Playoffs will start and... Beastmode:

None of the above.

I think the Texans have as good of chance of winning the Super Bowl as any entering the playoffs. Once you get to that level, a lot of things that can't be predicted happen. Sometimes the best record or the most skill isn't enough to take it all. Sometimes breaks come your way and you're able to capitalize, aka luck.

I think this year's team is special. At some point and for some weeks the team has been without Foster, Johnson, Williams, Schaub, Lienart, the punter, and whoever else I missed and what does the team do? Continues to win! I think it's exciting to see a team rise from mediocrity to center stage.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #75
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
None of the above.

I think the Texans have as good of chance of winning the Super Bowl as any entering the playoffs. Once you get to that level, a lot of things that can't be predicted happen. Sometimes the best record or the most skill isn't enough to take it all. Sometimes breaks come your way and you're able to capitalize, aka luck.

I think this year's team is special. At some point and for some weeks the team has been without Foster, Johnson, Williams, Schaub, Lienart, the punter, and whoever else I missed and what does the team do? Continues to win! I think it's exciting to see a team rise from mediocrity to center stage.
So you don't know, you're just enjoying the ride?
Old 12-13-2011   #76
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Get the hell out of here wih that meaningless game bullshit. That game was Week 17. If the Bengals didn't lay down for the Jets in the very last game of the regular season, the Sunday Night game, then WE would have been in the playoffs. And that wouldn't have been possible if we didn't take care of that Week 17 game against New England.

So yeah, get the hell outta here with that nonsense.
It was meaningless to the Patriots, Einstein. That's why we won.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #77
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
It was meaningless to the Patriots, Einstein. That's why we won.
lol
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
Yes. I think we beat the Steelers here to win the AFC Championship and then beat Green Bay to win it all.
I don't think Greenbay will get back to the Super Bowl. It's going to be the Giants.
Old 12-13-2011   #79
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't think Greenbay will get back to the Super Bowl. It's going to be the Giants.
Just curious TK, (and while I know Hookem would love it), how do you come up with the Giants?
Old 12-13-2011   #80
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I think the Texans should go all out for all home games in the playoffs I would love that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read