Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Can we win the Super Bowl?
No way in Hell 8 4.40%
We have a good shot of getting there, but won't win it... 6 3.30%
We will get bounced in the first game we play... 2 1.10%
We will likely win one and lose the next.. 14 7.69%
I have no f'n idea...Just enjoying the ride... 104 57.14%
We will win the whole thing. Playoffs will start and... Beastmode: [On] 48 26.37%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2011   #41
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you honestly believe we can win the Super Bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
That's good then. Looking forward to the post season and some heightened competition.
We can agree on that.

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
As happy as i am about how well the Texans have done this year, I believe some of it can be attributed to a soft schedule and some of it to the AFC SOuth being a weaker division than it has been in the past. They did flat out-play the Steelers early in the season, and have won a few games I didn't think they would win. However, the play-offs is a whole new season where the best teams are lined-up. I really don't think they make it past the first round, and as far as the Super Bowl goes, "No Way In HEll"
Please look at the NFC North

Bears 11-5
Packers 10-6
Lions 6-10
Vikings 6-10
Green Bay's schedule

(10-6) Philly W
(4-12) Buffalo W
(10-6) Chicago L
(6-10) Detroit W
(6-10) Washington L
(7-9) Miami L
(6-10) Minnesota W
(11-5) Jets W
(6-10) Dallas W
(6-10) Minnesota W
(13-3) Atlanta L
(6-10) 49ers W
(6-10) Detroit L
(14-2) New England L
(10-6) Giants W
(10-6) Chicago W
4 wins against teams with winning records. Not much different than what we've done.

As long as you're not getting lost in the hype & you're continuing to get better every week, by the time you get to the play-offs doing what you do as well as you can (practicing all year against bad teams).. then all that stuff works out.

Teams like New England & Green Bay who are building off what they've done last year (a place the Texans have never been) then they're on a whole 'nother level. Hopefully we'll get there next year, but with our injuries this year, I'd doubt it.
Old 12-12-2011   #43
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hopefully we'll get there next year, but with our injuries this year, I'd doubt it.
Like I said in the thread you started yesterday - I just cant bet against them , they are on a roll. Until they lose a game , I gotta believe that they can win it all.

Hell , it doesnt matter what we think .... It matters what they think and I think they believe they can bring home the hardware.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #44
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
like i said in the thread you started yesterday - i just cant bet against them , they are on a roll. Until they lose a game , i gotta believe that they can win it all.

Hell , it doesnt matter what we think .... It matters what they think and i think they believe they can bring home the hardware.
msr
Old 12-12-2011   #45
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 410 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Like I said in the thread you started yesterday - I just cant bet against them , they are on a roll. Until they lose a game , I gotta believe that they can win it all.

Hell , it doesnt matter what we think .... It matters what they think and I think they believe they can bring home the hardware.
Well put, repped.

At this point, the players keep finding ways to win regardless of the adversity they face. I can't see how anyone who witnessed last season when it seemed like the Texans could not do right. Bad beat after bad beat in the last few seconds of so many games. Had half of those gone the other way, we would have been in the playoffs last season.

The dominoes are falling in our favor folks. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!
Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #46
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4036 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

After watching three unlikely wins, especially yesterdays comeback from a 16 to 3 deficit at halftime, anything's possible.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #47
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Patriots have the best QB in the league with more rings than Yates has starts. If it comes down to that, I think I'll go with Belichick and Brady. The enthusiasm is admirable, but I don't see us getting past any of these teams in playoff time. These represent the top tier of the NFL other than Green Bay.
How many playoff games have they won since their undefeated season?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2011   #48
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually they worked pretty well for him that season. They went to the playoffs after that meaningless game. We went home.
And then he was crushed 33-14 by the Ravens in the playoffs against Joe Flacco in his 2nd season.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #49
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
For us to win the super bowl, Yates is going to have to improve. If he does, our chances are as good as anyone's. But if not, once you get to the playoffs if you don't have your best game on, you'll be one and done in a hurry.

For now, until I see more of Yates, I'm going to have to go with a big "maybe" because I've seen enough to have hope, but not enough to have confidence.
Check this out:

Quote:
Why it's OK for QBs to be Dilfer

With a cap-tip to Brad Johnson, perhaps the most vilified champion quarterback in history is Trent Dilfer of the 2000 Ravens.

Dilfer was little more than a hand-off machine while quarterbacking Baltimore in the playoffs. He wasn't even the team's No. 1 quarterback: Tony Banks took most of the team's snaps that year, before ceding the gig to Dilfer in October.

Johnson, meanwhile, was the journeyman who quarterbacked the Super Bowl champion 2002 Buccaneers in the playoffs.

Neither is headed to the Hall of Fame. And we realize each was buoyed by two of the best defenses of our time: the 2000 Ravens surrendered the fewest points of any team in the 16-game era (165), and the 2002 Bucs were paced by the best pass defense of the past 21 years (48.4 Defensive Passer Rating). It's a remarkable figure in the pass-happy 21st century.

So we get that part. These guys probably wouldn't have won without shutdown defenses.
Look at Dilfer's post-season stats. They are not that impressive. He "minimized" (sort of...) his mistakes, let his playmakers make plays, and let the defense dominate.

9/14 for 130 yards - 1 td - 1 fumble against Denver

5/16 for 117 yards against Tennessee

9/18 for 190 yards - 1 td - 1 int - 1 fumble against Oakland

12/25 for 153 yards - 1 td - 1 fumble against New York in the SB

I think TJ can be at least what Trent did for the Ravens. But honestly, I think he can be much, much greater than Dilfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
My mind said - Enjoy the ride.

My heart said BEASTMODE

..... Im goin with the heart
This team is all heart. I'm going with my heart, as well. I'm going to believe in this team until they prove otherwise.
Old 12-12-2011   #50
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe they can go 1-0 in any given week.

They've got a defense that can keep them in games when things aren't going well in other phases. And if you're close and have a chance in the 4th quarter, anything can happen.

Now you probably won't win a playoff game if you turn the ball over 4 times, but cut down on some of those mistakes, keep playing smart football and keep playing the kind of defense you're playing, and I don't see why you don't have a shot to win any game against any team.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #51
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Texans vs Packers I'm a believer
Old 12-12-2011   #52
macho grande
Veteran

Section: thin air up here
Rep Power: 2875 macho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I'm with ya buddy.
macho grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #53
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho grande View Post
I'm with ya buddy.
I just have a hunch.
Old 12-13-2011   #54
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually they worked pretty well for him that season. They went to the playoffs after that meaningless game. We went home.
Get the hell out of here wih that meaningless game bullshit. That game was Week 17. If the Bengals didn't lay down for the Jets in the very last game of the regular season, the Sunday Night game, then WE would have been in the playoffs. And that wouldn't have been possible if we didn't take care of that Week 17 game against New England.

So yeah, get the hell outta here with that nonsense.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #55
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Old 12-13-2011   #56
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Beastmode ******* it!!!! let's ride or die baby we have as good of chance as any other team.
Old 12-13-2011   #57
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Haven't stopped believing for 10 yrs, why should I start now?

As for the poll! I'm just enjoying the ride! Whatever happens, happens, and NOTHING can take away this moment, RIGHT NOW, Dec 13 2011, of living part of the dream. IF we lose in the playoff round, I don't f-n care!! I KNOW our boys will play their hearts out, and that's enough for me. Football is a GAME, and on any given Sunday anything can happen. With the spirit and desire our boys have, I gotta keep on believing that good things will happen to our team, and our boys will fullfill THEIR dream, which just happens to be the same as mine!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #58
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I am a glass half empty personality usually, especially with Houston sports as I know that some Epic Fail is almost always right around the corner, but damnit...I'm diving into a pool of Kool-Aid right now....F it!

Time for me to be irrational and just soak this shit up. We win it all....Beastmode to the MAX!!

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #59
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 25589 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

After the adversity this team has come through this season, hell, we shouldn't even have 10 wins to our name right now. They've overcome that so why couldn't they go all the way. That said, just enjoy the ride, when fit and healthy next season, there is even more to come, this team could win for years to come.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #60
brad77
Rookie

Section: Sec 350 Row E
Rep Power: 275 brad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respected

just going to enjoy the ride. It is to early to say just yet. I see improvments from yates each game, but I am not sold yet.
brad77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read