Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Can we win the Super Bowl?
No way in Hell 8 4.40%
We have a good shot of getting there, but won't win it... 6 3.30%
We will get bounced in the first game we play... 2 1.10%
We will likely win one and lose the next.. 14 7.69%
I have no f'n idea...Just enjoying the ride... 104 57.14%
We will win the whole thing. Playoffs will start and... Beastmode: [On] 48 26.37%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2011   #21
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Do you honestly believe we can win the Super Bowl?

People need to understand that we won the AFCS without a lot of competition in the division.

Yes, we are in the playoffs. No, we aren't going to the Super Bowl, because the road to Indy is going to require beating the Steelers, Ravens and/or the Patriots. Highly unlikely.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #22
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
People need to understand that we won the AFCS without a lot of competition in the division.

Yes, we are in the playoffs. No, we aren't going to the Super Bowl, because the road to Indy is going to require beating the Steelers, Ravens and/or the Patriots. Highly unlikely.

Already beat the Steelers.

Played the Ravens tight until late on the road.

Patriots have the worst defense in the league. Texans have the best defense in the league.

If the AFC playoffs are hosted in Reliant.....
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #23
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Beat Steelers
Ravens on the road suck
Patriots D is horrendous
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I've seen it mentioned a lot in jest...

But what do you think our chances really are?

I'm soooo tempted to say yes we can win it all, but I really don't know how this team will react in the play offs. I don't know how TJ will react...How will Kubiak call the games...

Big stages have a way of bringing out the best and worst, and every play-off game will be on a big stage.

I am going to say yes....We can win the whole damned thing..
Slim to none.. As an aside, I heard Slim packed his bags and left town.

No, seriously I hope we make a nice playoff run, but I think the odds of us running the "proverbial playoff table" is not gonna happen.

That said, I would love to be hella wrong!!

Either way... GO TEXANS!!
Old 12-12-2011   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And beat the Steelers as well as other playoff contenders in Atlanta and Cincy , while playing two top contenders in Baltimore and New Orleans very close on the road.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #26
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we've got a shot. I don't think were favorites but I think we've got a shot
Old 12-12-2011   #27
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Already beat the Steelers.

Played the Ravens tight until late on the road.

Patriots have the worst defense in the league. Texans have the best defense in the league.

If the AFC playoffs are hosted in Reliant.....
Patriots have the best QB in the league with more rings than Yates has starts. If it comes down to that, I think I'll go with Belichick and Brady. The enthusiasm is admirable, but I don't see us getting past any of these teams in playoff time. These represent the top tier of the NFL other than Green Bay.
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2011   #28
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

We wouldn't have to beat Baltimore, ne and Pittsburg even if all those guys and us made it to the second round.

I
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #29
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

IMHO, the Ravens are our biggest test in the playoffs. Ain't no way NE or Putzburgh can beat us in the playoffs. NE's D is too suspect and Big Ben will be slaughtered by our pass rush. Baltimore will be tough as hell.
As far as the NFC goes, SF would be the biggest test. I think we match up very, very well against GB, NYG, and NO. No way does NO get 2 wins on us. Especially not after a full season in Wades defense.
If we can get past the Ravens, by hook or crook, we could very well be defending SB champions this time next season.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #30
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly believe we should not be speculating this early.

I am too superstitious to vote in these polls.
Old 12-12-2011   #31
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

All of you doubters need a heavy dose of distilled optimism.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #32
QB75
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
IMHO, the Ravens are our biggest test in the playoffs. Ain't no way NE or Putzburgh can beat us in the playoffs.
Of course they can. The playoffs is exactly when their experience will become a huge advantage.

It's great that we got a playoff slot however. That is a great step in building a title contender over the next few years.
Old 12-12-2011   #33
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Patriots have the best QB in the league rings than Yates has starts. If it comes down to that, I think I'll go with Belichick and Brady.
Texans beat Patriots, 34-27, at Reliant Stadium, January 3, 2010

Brady was 17/26 for 186 yards, no TDs, 1 pick, 70.4 rating

His magic Super Bowl rings must not have worked for him that day. Weird.
Old 12-12-2011   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I've seen it mentioned a lot in jest...

But what do you think our chances really are?

I'm soooo tempted to say yes we can win it all, but I really don't know how this team will react in the play offs. I don't know how TJ will react...How will Kubiak call the games...

Big stages have a way of bringing out the best and worst, and every play-off game will be on a big stage.

I am going to say yes....We can win the whole damned thing..
Champions are made (forged) in the play-offs.

I think Rick, Gary, & Wade (even though I would have been perfectly fine with all three getting fired last season (thankfully only Wade was)) have done a wonderful job putting together a team of high character ballers.

These guys are just going to blossom & explode.

I think we'll be the team of the next decade.
Old 12-12-2011   #35
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly believe that we can beat Carolina. Following that I honestly believe that we can beat Indianapolis and I don't see any reason not to believe that a 12-3 team can't beat Tennessee at our own house (assuming we have something to play for and attempt to win it.

If the Texans enter the playoffs as a 3 seed (or better yet one of the top 2 seeds) with a 13-3 record then I believe that we can win a playoff game at home. That's not all that much of a stretch is it? Our house and insanely loud? Why not?

That's what it would take to put us in the AFC Championship game if we are one of the top two seeds. If that's the case and we find ourselves in the AFC Championship game having done all it took to get there then I think we belong and I will concede nothing to whoever we play.

Win that and we're in the Super Bowl. If we get to the Super Bowl then we belong there and we have as good a chance of winning it as anyone.
Old 12-12-2011   #36
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I honestly believe that we can beat Carolina. Following that I honestly believe that we can beat Indianapolis and I don't see any reason not to believe that a 12-3 team can't beat Tennessee at our own house (assuming we have something to play for and attempt to win it.

If the Texans enter the playoffs as a 3 seed (or better yet one of the top 2 seeds) with a 13-3 record then I believe that we can win a playoff game at home. That's not all that much of a stretch is it? Our house and insanely loud? Why not?

That's what it would take to put us in the AFC Championship game if we are one of the top two seeds. If that's the case and we find ourselves in the AFC Championship game having done all it took to get there then I think we belong and I will concede nothing to whoever we play.

Win that and we're in the Super Bowl. If we get to the Super Bowl then we belong there and we have as good a chance of winning it as anyone.
Old 12-12-2011   #37
QB75
Veteran

Quote:
Texans beat Patriots, 34-27, at Reliant Stadium, January 3, 2010

Brady was 17/26 for 186 yards, no TDs, 1 pick, 70.4 rating

His magic Super Bowl rings must not have worked for him that day. Weird.
Actually they worked pretty well for him that season. They went to the playoffs after that meaningless game. We went home.
Old 12-12-2011   #38
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Actually they worked pretty well for him that season. They went to the playoffs after that meaningless game. We went home.
Haha! And the meaningless card gets played.

If it had been meaningless, Brady wouldn't have been on the field.
Old 12-12-2011   #39
QB75
Veteran

Quote:
Haha! And the meaningless card gets played.

If it had been meaningless, Brady wouldn't have been on the field.
That's good then. Looking forward to the post season and some heightened competition.
Old 12-12-2011   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Me thinks we should re-sign HWSNBN as a back-up. After all, he "knows the system"!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read