Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Can we win the Super Bowl?
No way in Hell 8 4.40%
We have a good shot of getting there, but won't win it... 6 3.30%
We will get bounced in the first game we play... 2 1.10%
We will likely win one and lose the next.. 14 7.69%
I have no f'n idea...Just enjoying the ride... 104 57.14%
We will win the whole thing. Playoffs will start and... Beastmode: [On] 48 26.37%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2011   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Do you honestly believe we can win the Super Bowl?

I've seen it mentioned a lot in jest...

But what do you think our chances really are?

I'm soooo tempted to say yes we can win it all, but I really don't know how this team will react in the play offs. I don't know how TJ will react...How will Kubiak call the games...

Big stages have a way of bringing out the best and worst, and every play-off game will be on a big stage.

I am going to say yes....We can win the whole damned thing..
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #2
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you honestly believe we can win the Super Bowl?

Any team that can play defense like the Texans has a punchers chance.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

For us to win the super bowl, Yates is going to have to improve. If he does, our chances are as good as anyone's. But if not, once you get to the playoffs if you don't have your best game on, you'll be one and done in a hurry.

For now, until I see more of Yates, I'm going to have to go with a big "maybe" because I've seen enough to have hope, but not enough to have confidence.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

My answer: I don't know. I've never experienced a good football team in Houston. Can the Texans keep up their high level of play beyond the regular season? How will TJ Yates play against a defense who have postseason experience? Will that all that even matter? I'm just enjoying the ride.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #5
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Anything can happen in the playoffs. We have a dominant defense, Oline, and running game if TJ can play like he did yesterday in a playoff atmosphere against the best teams in the league, then yes we can win the Super Bowl. But like I said anything can happen in the playoffs.
Old 12-12-2011   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if we will or not.

With Schaub, I believe we can beat any team on any given Sunday. I don't know if TJ is there, yet.

But with our defense and running game and seeing the drives TJ put together against the Bengals in his 2nd start (even though Tate fumbled one away), I feel pretty good. We could go all the way.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

make it sure

if we play the packers or saints tho i dont think we would be able to outscore them if it gets into a Shootout
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2011   #8
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they can, but I'm just going to enjoy the ride...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #9
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted that we'd likely win one and then get bounced in the next one.

But that's just my best guess.

The truth is: anything can happen.

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #10
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfanatic View Post
i voted that we'd likely win one and then get bounced in the next one.

But that's just my best guess.

the truth is: Anything can happen.

qft;
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #11
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

its been a hell of a ride, why should it end ?? We can do it and i believe we will do it, i see a first round bye, then a win, then the Championship game, and then us winning the Superbowl with a last second field goal from 52 yards.
Old 12-12-2011   #12
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you had asked me in the Pre-season, can we win the AFC South and a homefield playoff game knowing that Mario is out most of the season, AJ is out half the season, Shaub is out AND his backup Leinart, halfway through the season. We will lose players weekly to injury, and we would have the second longest win streak in the NFL at 7 straight with all these 'issues' and at the last QTR of the season we will go head to head with good playoff calibre teams at the end of the season with Yates as our 'saviour', I would have laughed.

But we HAVE won the AFC Championship with all this adversity.

So the question isn't "can we win the Superbowl?"

It should be "Why can't we win the Superbowl?"
Old 12-12-2011   #13
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't a clue, but any given play off game. One thing I have learned is to not count this team out. I also think we can beat any team in the league except Green Bay which takes me back to any given SB.:
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #14
macho grande
Veteran

Section: thin air up here
Rep Power: 347 macho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes we can. What's the difference between this team ans the Patriots first SB. Their coach was nothing more than an unknown SB winning assistant, qb was a late round draft pick game manager. Great D. Definition of team. Sounds like us
macho grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #15
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we need AJ to stay healthy through the playoffs to win. But I thought we need him to be healthy to get here.
Old 12-12-2011   #16
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
its been a hell of a ride, why should it end ?? We can do it and i believe we will do it, i see a first round bye, then a win, then the Championship game, and then us winning the Superbowl with a last second field goal from 52 yards.
That's where you lost me. Couldn't you at least make it 40 yards? Having Rackers attempt a 52 yarder for the win might make me pull a Kubiak and not watch...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #17
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

As happy as i am about how well the Texans have done this year, I believe some of it can be attributed to a soft schedule and some of it to the AFC SOuth being a weaker division than it has been in the past. They did flat out-play the Steelers early in the season, and have won a few games I didn't think they would win. However, the play-offs is a whole new season where the best teams are lined-up. I really don't think they make it past the first round, and as far as the Super Bowl goes, "No Way In HEll"
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #18
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9598 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

To me it all depends on seeding. Right now enjoy the present like there is no tomorrow, but tomorrow is going to be even better.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #19
macho grande
Veteran

Section: thin air up here
Rep Power: 347 macho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
I haven't a clue, but any given play off game. One thing I have learned is to not count this team out. I also think we can beat any team in the league except Green Bay which takes me back to any given SB.:
Pats supposedly couldn't beat The Greatest Show On Turf either.
macho grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

My mind said - Enjoy the ride.

My heart said BEASTMODE

..... Im goin with the heart

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read