Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How do you handle Matt Schaub's contract?
Trade him for picks this off-season, Yates starts next season. 15 15.00%
Let him walk after next season, Yates sits next season, starts the following. 26 26.00%
Re-sign Schaub and find the cap room elsewhere. 59 59.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2011   #81
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub's Contract

What if Yates gets hurt during the first playoff game and Jake Delhomme takes us to the Super Bowl however he gets hurt in the 1st QTR and Jeff Garcia wins the Super Bowl for us, throwing for 500 yards in the process and also win the Super Bowl MVP?

Who is the starting QB for us next season? Schaub, Yates, Delhomme, or Garcia? ... on top of that Matt Leinart looks better than all of them during camp and preseason? Who should Kubiak start?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #82
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly I think it's to early to answer this question. Yates still has alot to learn and experience to gain.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #83
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 775 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
ahhh i love it... schaubs finest hour indeed..

how did that game end?
If you think that defines Schaub, you must be forgetting his moments against Washington, Green Bay, Miami, Kansas City...the NY Jets (even if his defense last year blew that game).

Let's see. Schaub threw the ball 60 times in that Ravens game in 2010. That many passes will surely invite a pick or two, I don't care who's the QB. (And didn't Peyton Manning throw a game-killing pick six in the Super Bowl? Hmm.)

The last pass was just one of those things in a game where Schaub had to overcome a slow start yet BRING back the Texans in that one. That last pick doesn't tarnish his overall performance in that game. Hardly anyone comes back from 21 or so points when behind the Ravens, but Schaub almost brought them back.

This year, Schaub has balanced the offense beautifully. He hasn't had to be super-passer this year yet he provided enough solid play AND LEADERSHIP to allow the Texans 30 points per game before his injury.

THAT production cannot be underestimated.

You can knock Schaub all you want but he is a high quality QB, no matter what you pick on or what you whine about. So we are fortunate that armchair haters like you don't make the call on that one.

I'm glad to see the emergence of TJ Yates but there's plenty of football left in this season.
worldlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #84
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyman View Post
If you think that defines Schaub, you must be forgetting his moments against Washington, Green Bay, Miami, Kansas City...the NY Jets (even if his defense last year blew that game).

Let's see. Schaub threw the ball 60 times in that Ravens game in 2010. That many passes will surely invite a pick or two, I don't care who's the QB. (And didn't Peyton Manning throw a game-killing pick six in the Super Bowl? Hmm.)

The last pass was just one of those things in a game where Schaub had to overcome a slow start yet BRING back the Texans in that one. That last pick doesn't tarnish his overall performance in that game. Hardly anyone comes back from 21 or so points when behind the Ravens, but Schaub almost brought them back.

This year, Schaub has balanced the offense beautifully. He hasn't had to be super-passer this year yet he provided enough solid play AND LEADERSHIP to allow the Texans 30 points per game before his injury.

THAT production cannot be underestimated.

You can knock Schaub all you want but he is a high quality QB, no matter what you pick on or what you whine about. So we are fortunate that armchair haters like you don't make the call on that one.

I'm glad to see the emergence of TJ Yates but there's plenty of football left in this season.
Still haven't been convinced. All I see that Schaub has over Yates is more time in the offense and experience in the NFL. Yates has one comeback that he put together himself in his resume (since you named the ones Schaub had). Schaub is a good QB, no denying that, but sometimes, you have to take one step backwards in order to take two steps forward. Our offensive production may be down slightly (never mind the fact that we have played good defenses this stretch), but it has the potential to be even better. Can't remember the last time Kubiak called a play to where Schaub had to bomb it to Jacoby deep, and in stride. Our receivers always have to stop and wait for the ball with Schaub on deep throws. Never seen Schaub scramble for 17 yards for a first down. Those types of things. Yates will get better reading defenses. He will get better at the timing with his receivers. He already shows he ready. See how quickly he was calling for the spike after that scramble he had? That's veteran stuff. Schaub is maxed out. Time to move on if Yates continues... I know people are saying its too early, but Yates continues to pass the eye test.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #85
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ive seen enough of schaub to know what to expect from him. the texans arent going to be beating teams like baltimore, pitsburgh, new england, or new york in the playoffs with scores of 41-7.. playoff games with these teams will be close and will require a drive or 2 with a QB that doesn't shrink, concede sacks, and doesnt get that deer in the headlights look when hes under pressure.. schaub gets happy feet and makes dumb decisions because hes scared.. HES A SCARED QUARTERBACK.. why cant you people see this??

i dont need to be sold on schaub, im a texans fan, ive seen every game hes played. i used to defend the guy, not anymore.. im with the crowd that doesnt want him to be the houston texans quarterback anymore..
Look here, man. The meat of your post is true. Primarily the first paragraph.
The second paragraph will turn those with short attention spans off, although
it is also true.

TJ Yates beat put together a TOUCHDOWN DRIVE against A WINNING TEAM
ON THE ROAD. We've seen Schaub in that same situation, and he never
cashed in. In such drives he DID score a touchdown, people made avatars
and GIFS on the greatness of Andre Johnson on those drives. TJ, on
Sunday, was the PRIMARY MOVER for the 80-yard 2-minute drill and
he did it on his first try.

Schaub ain't never done it ONCE (winning drive, against a winning team,
on the road, without Andre Johnson.) I ain't sayin Schaub lost his job yet,
but the prospects don't look good for him right now.
Old 12-14-2011   #86
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed Dex. Just keeping it real... Schaub is probably thinking about it himself.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #87
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
32-34 career record... mediocrity..

lets talk more numbers..

schaubs career 2 minute rating is 48... 7 TDs. 9 INTs..

SCHAUB IS A SCARED QUARTERBACK..

please love my schaub...
The Texans didn't lose to the Raiders because Schaub was scared to
run it in. They lost because Jacoby Jones "forgot the route tree."

Texans fans love every stat in the book except "wins."
NOT

Schaub choked in the exact same situation, against the Raiders, in 2011.
TJ, on his first try, cashed the check while displaying the "it" factor
we never got out of Schaub.

Last edited by DexmanC; 12-14-2011 at 08:00 AM.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2011   #88
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got to say I'm hugely surprised at how this thread has gone. Never thought I'd see quite such a strong anti-Schaub feeling.

At this stage of the season our next two games, and depending on how Tenn play the next two weeks, possibly that game too, are in garbage time for those teams.

How Kubiak handles the gameplan in these next few games will be interesting, I'd be looking to open up the playbook a little more and allowing TJ a pass heavy gameplan to help him improve. I'd also temper that somewhat because you don't want to lower his confidence if you ask too much of him.

I'd also be less keen to run the ball so much as the chances of injury increase with every carry.

I'm just that excited to see TJ running this offense, I see some things that give me a confidence that I don't get with Schaub. for instance, with 8 seconds left at the goal line, i'm not expecting a pick6. When its 3rd and 17 and the coverage is tight all the way downfield, i'm not expecting a dumpoff to the running back that moves you 8 yards.

I don't know, maybe over the next few weeks, with the opposing teams gaining more and more tape on this guy, his flaws will be exposed and we'll all feel a bit silly for putting our trust in him. But for now, I'm giddy with excitement and what this guy is achieving against all the odds.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #89
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
ive seen enough of schaub to know what to expect from him. the texans arent going to be beating teams like baltimore, pitsburgh, new england, or new york in the playoffs with scores of 41-7.. playoff games with these teams will be close and will require a drive or 2 with a QB that doesn't shrink, concede sacks, and doesnt get that deer in the headlights look when hes under pressure.. schaub gets happy feet and makes dumb decisions because hes scared.. HES A SCARED QUARTERBACK.. why cant you people see this??

i dont need to be sold on schaub, im a texans fan, ive seen every game hes played. i used to defend the guy, not anymore.. im with the crowd that doesnt want him to be the houston texans quarterback anymore..
I don't understand this. How many last minute drives does the man have to lead to get rid of this weird perception? Miami 07, Chiefs, Redskins Ravens last year. During the 9-7 season, he lead two drives for game-tying field goals with no timeouts (which Brown missed) and led us to the opposition 1 for game-tying TDs (on which Brown was stuffed/fumbled)....

I don't get it...
Old 12-14-2011   #90
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Cut Schaub NOW!! Fuq it!!

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #91
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I've got to say I'm hugely surprised at how this thread has gone. Never thought I'd see quite such a strong anti-Schaub feeling.

At this stage of the season our next two games, and depending on how Tenn play the next two weeks, possibly that game too, are in garbage time for those teams.

How Kubiak handles the gameplan in these next few games will be interesting, I'd be looking to open up the playbook a little more and allowing TJ a pass heavy gameplan to help him improve. I'd also temper that somewhat because you don't want to lower his confidence if you ask too much of him.

I'd also be less keen to run the ball so much as the chances of injury increase with every carry.

I'm just that excited to see TJ running this offense, I see some things that give me a confidence that I don't get with Schaub. for instance, with 8 seconds left at the goal line, i'm not expecting a pick6. When its 3rd and 17 and the coverage is tight all the way downfield, i'm not expecting a dumpoff to the running back that moves you 8 yards.

I don't know, maybe over the next few weeks, with the opposing teams gaining more and more tape on this guy, his flaws will be exposed and we'll all feel a bit silly for putting our trust in him. But for now, I'm giddy with excitement and what this guy is achieving against all the odds.
The way I see it, TJ adds a new dimension to the offense: A PlayMaker at
the QB position.

When Schaub was back there, the play was over when he was chased out
of the pocket more times than not. Yates is a chainmover for all four downs.
I've seen him take a boot leg for a two yard gain, rather than throw the ball
out of bounds. We saw a called run for TJ out of the shotgun for a huge
gain. We NEED this dimension if we're to take that "next step."

Schaub is "good enough" to get there, but TJ can PUT THE TEAM ON HIS BACK.
Big difference.

If experience is what separates the two, then give TJ a shot. Hell, a lot
of these guys praying for TJ to fail are the same ones who wanted Sage
Rosenfels to start. We all know that Sage ain't HALF the QB that TJ is,
but that's who Schaub almost lost his job to.

Schaub choked in the exact same situation, against the Raiders, in 2011,
that Yates found himself in against the Bengals. Aren't the Bengals a better
team than the Raiders? Didn't Schaub choke AT HOME, as opposed to on the
road? Why did you guys blame Jacoby, rather than Matt?

TJ, on his first try, cashed the check while displaying the "it" factor
we never got out of Schaub.

Last edited by DexmanC; 12-14-2011 at 08:21 AM.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #92
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
I don't understand this. How many last minute drives does the man have to lead to get rid of this weird perception? Miami 07, Chiefs, Redskins Ravens last year. During the 9-7 season, he lead two drives for game-tying field goals with no timeouts (which Brown missed) and led us to the opposition 1 for game-tying TDs (on which Brown was stuffed/fumbled)....

I don't get it...
All of those drives had Andre Johnson as the hero, and Matt playing sidekick.

TJ played THE UNDISPUTED HERO in HIS role. TJ got the touchdown, Schaub prayed for
the field goal (and failed most of the time.) When touchdowns were scored,
Andre Johnson was the main force of those drives.

Slight, but important difference.
Old 12-14-2011   #93
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

We need to cut Andre Johnson so we can "Maehl it in" at the same time we cut Schaub next season.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #94
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
We need to cut Andre Johnson so we can "Maehl it in" at the same time we cut Schaub next season.
I think a lot of people would agree, that if you could cut Schaub to pay
both Arian AND Mario, you'll let TJ run this team next year. If re-signing
Schaub means the loss of Arian OR Mario, then you let Matt walk.

Mario and Arian are gamechangers. TJ has shown the ability to change
a game (3rd and 15 with no timeouts on the two minute drill.) Matt is
"just a guy" playing in a hell of a QB-friendly System.
Old 12-14-2011   #95
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I'm not because Schaub has been the Rodney Dangerfield on the Texans roster for some now, though I'm unsure why ? He's taken a tremendous physical beating in several games and stayed on the field to not just finish the game but deliver a strong performance which should only inspire support from fans. The guy is an excellent QB, top 10 or near top 10 in the league though not among the upper echelon.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #96
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
hand the franchise over to yates... trade schaub and get what you can for him. quite a few QB hungry teams, only problem i see is there are some quality QBs coming out the draft this year.. to think, yates has only been playing organized football for 5 years. NC fans say he improved every year.. he already shows more poise, confidence, arm strength, mobility, & heart than schaub has ever shown, yates is more talented than schaub bottomline and has the QB traits you cant teach.. some of the guys around these texans board seem to be holding onto something with matt schaub, i keep being reminded about his 9k yards and all-star game MVP like it means something.. plain & simple schaub has 1 year left on his contract, if hes not gonna be apart of the texans future, trade him while he has value (he will be exposed when he no longer plays in the texans system)...

Winners win, losers make excuses....
Premier I like your thoughts on the QB situation I see the same thing this reminds me of what happened in New England back in 2000 when a 2nd year player Tom Brady got his shot when Pro Bowl QB Drew Bledsoe got hurt and he was still in his prime and he couldn't get his job back from Brady and he was traded let's see how it plays out but I like your thoughts. One other note Premier I like your Beats homie keep them pumping!!!!
Old 12-14-2011   #97
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yates stares down the blitz and gets rid of the ball.. Schaub picks up the blitz and rolls over.. you want to stick with the vet because hes more technically sound then a kid with raw talent that trumps our starters talent. he also possesses the qb skills that schaub will NEVER have. save me your praise for this dude... keep your numbers, his numbers have lead him to a .500 record with the texans. keep your excuses about the texans defenses in the past, there are qbs who currently have the 27th, 31st, 32nd ranked defenses and 10-3, 10-3, & 13-0 records, respectively.. excuses galore.. schaub is 30, his ceiling was reached years ago. i dont know what you guys are waiting for with schaub.. its never gonna happen.. i really think you people believe the Texans were going to be blowing out teams in the playoffs.. smh

the people stringing to the hope of schaub are the same people that said we were done when he went down...

keep clinging to schaubs very short list of irrelevant accolades, 2009 pass leader? pro-bowl MVP? you get real..
Premier some of our brethren on the site love numbers and mediocrity when it comes to Quarterbacking vs. winning games now some can make the argument Shaub was having his best season at winning games but he has been the starter now for what 5 seasons? I think that he has hit his peak at what you are going to see out of him in terms of numbers but numbers don't win games. Matt will continue to have the numbers in this system and we have to make the choice of bringing him back at his salary and the question is how will he respond to his injury and he was already not mobile he will move even less now.
Old 12-14-2011   #98
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Honestly I think it's to early to answer this question. Yates still has alot to learn and experience to gain.
They all do when they start. As a coach, you try to gauge whether they are ready to start playing or not, by what happens in practice & how they carry themselves.

When they get on the field on game day, the game is either too big or not. If it's not, he'll gain his best experience by being on the field.
Old 12-14-2011   #99
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
What if Yates gets hurt during the first playoff game and Jake Delhomme takes us to the Super Bowl however he gets hurt in the 1st QTR and Jeff Garcia wins the Super Bowl for us, throwing for 500 yards in the process and also win the Super Bowl MVP?

Who is the starting QB for us next season? Schaub, Yates, Delhomme, or Garcia? ... on top of that Matt Leinart looks better than all of them during camp and preseason? Who should Kubiak start?
Exactly... But how dare you interject any reason into an otherwise ridiculous conversation.

That said, I think we should re-sign HWSRN..... Ohhh Nooooo!! I feel another negative rep. coming from DocBar!!! Since he doesn't understand sardonic jokes, I'll add this, this time.

Old 12-14-2011   #100
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

They see me rollin'

They hatin'

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read