Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2011   #61
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brisiel - OUT (Broken Leg)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
he broke it on the last few plays of th egame.. he still manned up though.. after yates got sacked you see him limping, then yates runs for 17, brisiel had to get to the line quick.. he stayed in to finish the game..
Kubiak said he was in pain during half-time so it was before then.
Old 12-12-2011   #62
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I think Caldwell will play just fine and three weeks will go by before we know it. Yeah, it sucks but I am not worried at all.
Old 12-12-2011   #63
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Can't believe this injury shit. Never seen anything like it.
We've seen this team have a ton of injuries, but not be able to win in spite of it.
Time to break Rick Smith off some propas, too. This team is at least two-deep in most
positions, and three-deep in a few others.
Old 12-12-2011   #64
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
We've seen this team have a ton of injuries, but not be able to win in spite of it.
Time to break Rick Smith off some propas, too. This team is at least two-deep in most
positions, and three-deep in a few others.
there is no doubt we have built depth and quality and smith needs to get the props for that imo. however, we have had more IR'ed guys 2 years ago IIRC), but i can't remember ANY team having as many MAJOR players injured and still being able to overcome the issues. MAJOR props to the players and coaches.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #65
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just wanted to say thanks to Brisiel for gutting it out and helping his team become AFC South Champions.

You're one tough son of a gun.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I think Caldwell will play just fine and three weeks will go by before we know it. Yeah, it sucks but I am not worried at all.
I think Caldwell is in the same position Brandon Harris is. We drafted him, thinking we were going to have a position for him, but Brisiel upped his game (I've never been a big Brisiel fan, but if he's still starting on arguably the best OL over the last two years... eh...).

Caldwell is going to have the opportunity to show that he should be starting. I hope he makes his case.
Old 12-13-2011   #67
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think Caldwell is in the same position Brandon Harris is. We drafted him, thinking we were going to have a position for him, but Brisiel upped his game (I've never been a big Brisiel fan, but if he's still starting on arguably the best OL over the last two years... eh...).

Caldwell is going to have the opportunity to show that he should be starting. I hope he makes his case.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but didn't Caldwell start some games last year?

EDIT: Answered my own question. He started 7 games last season.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2011   #68
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to Brisiel for gutting it out and helping his team become AFC South Champions.

You're one tough son of a gun.

Agreed. I saw during the last play when everyone was celebrating Brisiel was trying to do the same but seemed to be in alot of pain. Much respect to him.
Old 12-13-2011   #69
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

So between Jackson and Allen which one has upped their game enough to stop Harris from playing at all so far? Just asking honestly.
Old 12-13-2011   #70
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
So between Jackson and Allen which one has upped their game enough to stop Harris from playing at all so far? Just asking honestly.
I honestly think both of them has. I mentioned in another thread, Allen is getting more physical, as evidence I offer the TD that wasn't a touchdown when Julio failed to land in bounds.

Kj is naturally more physical. His feet & his hands have gotten much better since last year. I still think the game is too fast for him & I get the feeling that he doesn't think he belongs yet, he's a little too self conscious. Once he stops thinking so much, I think he's going to be an excellent corner.

I think we have three starting corners.
Old 01-03-2012   #71
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51680 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
At least, IMO, he was the least valuable lineman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I thought Caldwell should have been starting anyway.
Old 01-03-2012   #72
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

C'mon man! You can't bring up this old thread title. People might think he's out this week.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #73
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
C'mon man! You can't bring up this old thread title. People might think he's out this week.
true that, i was like shiiitttt haha
Old 01-03-2012   #74
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 410 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Big sigh of relief that this wasn't what I initially thought it was!
Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #75
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Freakin' amateurs!!

Old 01-03-2012   #76
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I still believe he's the least valuable starting lineman. Caldwell sucking does not change that.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #77
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Man scared me, I thought he re-injured during practice.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read