Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2011   #1
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bob McNair says "How do you like me now?"

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/...e-teams-labor/

I like the first minute or two where McNair says something to the affect " we have made some controversial decisions(think mario) and acknowledges the fact that many people wanted Kubiak gone but goes on to say I wanted to build a team with character and could win for years to come and that's what they've done. We have a young team that can win for years to come. And Kubiak has done a good job of keeping the team together with all the adversity. He also goes on to say we have professional fans that can help us win games."

That's what I got out of it. Listen to it yourself in case I got something different than what you will.
I really think this was a smack from him to anyone who doubted his plan or decisions or extensions.

If already posted, merge.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair says "How do you like me now?"

I've always like Bob. Good guy, smart guy.

He just had to learn from his mistakes like most everyone else.

Thanks for posting.

edit, like this: "Our fans are really becoming professionals. They understand how they can impact the game."
Old 12-12-2011   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

When I went to the Tampa game this year, I had a seat right by the texans tunnel. Him and Rick Smith were the only two of the whole Texans organization to acknowledge me. I know players and coaches are busy and focused so it didn't bother me but thought it was pretty nice of them two to do that.
Old 12-12-2011   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess the ox is finding it's way out of the ditch.
Old 12-12-2011   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I guess the ox is finding it's way out of the ditch.
And getting on the right track!
Old 12-12-2011   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Turns out that we were on the right track!
Old 12-12-2011   #7
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Turns out that we were on the right track!

<<<<< that's what I've been sayin' for months.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2011   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if the "Bob's cheap" people still think he's cheap. Even though he's never been cheap.

Old 12-12-2011   #9
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

W
a
d
e

p
h
i
l
l
i
p
s

tj
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #10
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

...and it probably sounded like Ben Stien saying "I'm just keeping it real dog."
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

How do you like me now?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymsHLkB8u3s

Old 12-12-2011   #12
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
I like the "Do you like apples? How do you like d'em apples! " scene:

rtsp://v6.cache6.c.youtube.com/CjYLENy73wIaLQlrRLGXFQ79sRMYESARFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSA RSBXdhdGNoYImR4rPA1rzjTgw=/0/0/0/video.3gp
Old 12-12-2011   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
I really think this was a smack from him to anyone who doubted his plan or decisions or extensions.
If McNair wants to lay down some smack, fine. He's got scoreboard, this year. That doesn't erase the mistakes he's made in the past. And I wouldn't crow about being good "year after year". This team has been good one year out of ten. At least make it 2 years out of eleven before breaking out the "built to last" spiel.

I'm happy for Bob. He brought football back to Houston. I'm happy for Gary. He loves this team and city. I'm happy for all of the players, past and present, who have worn the Texans uniform. I'm happy for me and those like me, who have supported this franchise with heart, soul, and $$$. We all deserve this. But I'm going to enjoy this now. I'm not worried about the future.
Old 12-12-2011   #14
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
My boy's wicked smaaht!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #15
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
If McNair wants to lay down some smack, fine. He's got scoreboard, this year. That doesn't erase the mistakes he's made in the past. And I wouldn't crow about being good "year after year". This team has been good one year out of ten. At least make it 2 years out of eleven before breaking out the "built to last" spiel.

I'm happy for Bob. He brought football back to Houston. I'm happy for Gary. He loves this team and city. I'm happy for all of the players, past and present, who have worn the Texans uniform. I'm happy for me and those like me, who have supported this franchise with heart, soul, and $$$. We all deserve this. But I'm going to enjoy this now. I'm not worried about the future.
To me, which this is open to interpretation, Bob is saying that he wanted to build a team a certain way and did it. He is going to crow about the future because he didn't go out and buy a team - he built it. He doesn't believe he is going to be a one and done. Even when everyone said he was doing it wrong when Tony Sparano, Todd Hailey, and Whisenhunt were going to the playoffs, he stuck to his guns. I say, the David Carr extension was a mistake. Casserly and Capers - mistake. Mistakes are an opportunity to learn and get better. And the mistakes have led us to where we are. Not getting Leigh Bolden, not getting Cedric Benson, playing with Ron Dayne, losing Dunta Robinson, Kubiak making the mistake od hiring friends until someone like Greg Knapp has led to this. I believe Bob drafted a plan that he was going to train and build on talented GM and HC make the mistakes, learn from it, and build on it. Instead of firing them and seeing them go somewhere else and have success, he kept them. Smith learned that missing on Bolden you have to have a plan B. He proved that by missing Namdi but getting JJoe that he learned something. Kubiak accepted Wade and has learned better game time decisions, But Smithiak and Wade are proving to be a success. Young players winning, deep roster, leadership without your star players, and next year with your star players you have to be better. He has scoreboard for a couple of years atleast. Let the man crow.
Old 12-12-2011   #16
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
W
a
d
e

p
h
i
l
l
i
p
s

tj
Who hired him?

Game time.
Old 12-12-2011   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Lucky.

Just live in the moment. The future takes care of itself one way or another.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read