Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-29-2005   #1
gcolby
Veteran

Default Worst Moments in Dallas Sports History: Texans on the list

Hey, Texans fans!

Now is your chance to vote the Opening Day loss by the Cowboys as their WORST moment in Dallas sports:

I was tempted to pick the Leon Lett Snow Bowl moment, seeing as how I was AT that game, but the chance to make the Texans loss stick was too good to pass up.

By the way, they also bash Rowdy by making him one of their nominees:

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/spe/2005/brainlock/

Vote 'Texans game'!
gcolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

God I loved the blue end-zones.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

They've also got McGrady posterizing Bradley as one of the most embarrassing moments.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
I was gonna say the same thing when I saw the pic. Wish we could make that work again w/o killing off the grass.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Want the blue endzones back? Don't get me started again!

Field Turf! Field Turf! Field Turf!
Old 04-29-2005   #6
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57661 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Want the blue endzones back? Don't get me started again!

Field Turf! Field Turf! Field Turf!
I couldn't agree more. I'll never forget seeing the field for the first time at the open house. That was one pretty field. The grass just ain't gonna work though, unless the buy 10 fields.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005   #7
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

It's Jackie Smith dropping the TD in Super Bowl XIII...no poll needed. The others are trying for (a distant) 2nd place.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2005   #8
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Why can't we have Blue endzones?
Old 04-30-2005   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

How about the entire 1989 season?
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84

Thats FUNNY! Its the FIRST thing I thought of looking at the picture... and see what posts followed... hmmm.

ITS THE ICING ON THE CAKE FOR RELIANT STADIUM.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
It's Jackie Smith dropping the TD in Super Bowl XIII...no poll needed. The others are trying for (a distant) 2nd place.

No doubt. Dropping a wide open sure TD in a SB game is much worse than anything that could happen in a regular season game. Or some ninny prancing around on your logo.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Roger Staubach took the blame for Jackie Smith dropping that pass.

He said they never thought he'd get so open and he threw the ball too hard instead of just dropping it in there.

I think Jackie Smith is in the HOF so that hardly defines his career but it seems to be the one everybody remembers.
Old 05-01-2005   #13
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 62902 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot
Worst moment in Dallas sports history?

Tom Landry being canned.
I have to agree with this one. The way Jerruh treated the coaching change was a disgrace to the cowboy franchise. I never liked the boys but I respected coach Landry.
Old 05-01-2005   #14
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

come on now, the most embarresing thing that every happened was when Testaverde stepped up under his GUARD for the ball last season.

I could understand a pee wee league QB doing that but an NFL QB who had played for that many years? That has to be the all time worst, IMHO, and it didn't even make the list.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #15
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
come on now, the most embarresing thing that every happened was when Testaverde stepped up under his GUARD for the ball last season.

I could understand a pee wee league QB doing that but an NFL QB who had played for that many years? That has to be the all time worst, IMHO, and it didn't even make the list.
That happened? Which game was that? Oh well, I guess anything can happen on any given Sunday.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #16
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That happened?
yep. I'll try and see if a fellow Texan fan I know will post the picture for you. He has it saved. Let me email him and see if he would be so kind.
Old 05-01-2005   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yep. I'll try and see if a fellow Texan fan I know will post the picture for you. He has it saved. Let me email him and see if he would be so kind.
It definitely happened. Heck I am even a Cowboys fan after the Texans and that was a roll on the floor laughing moment. Don't remember which game though.
Old 05-01-2005   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

That's not unique to Vinny.

I saw Troy do the same thing in person once back years ago. Pretty funny.

I agree about Coach Landry. He was a wonderful person and a fine coach.
Old 05-01-2005   #19
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Here you go gr8, just for you:

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #20
thegr8fan
All Pro

thanks 84. I love that picture.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read