Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Predict the number of wins the Texans get in their final 3 regular season games.
3 wins 62 73.81%
2 wins 21 25.00%
1 wins 1 1.19%
0 wins 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2011   #1
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Final 3 regular season game W-L prediction

While playing around with this neat linkhttp://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine, I came to the conclusion that if the Texans win 2 of 3, they will likely get a first round bye.

I would suggest checking out the playoff machine link, and do some predictions there with W-L for all the teams over the next 3 weeks, then come here, and post how many wins you think the Texans will walk away with. I am not factoring ties.
Old 12-12-2011   #2
FuriousGravy
Rookie

Default Re: Final 3 regular season game W-L prediction

If all 4 of Houston, Baltimore, New England, and Pittsburgh win out, we'll be the 3rd seed. We need Baltimore and New England to lose a game.
FuriousGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #3
Javi
Rookie

Texans going 2-1, minimum.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #4
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that we win the next two games in a row and the final game will be based on if we can win home field throw the playoffs.
Old 12-12-2011   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll settle for 3-0
Old 12-12-2011   #6
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I'll settle for 4-0
Fixed it for you
Old 12-12-2011   #7
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousGravy View Post
If all 4 of Houston, Baltimore, New England, and Pittsburgh win out, we'll be the 3rd seed. We need Baltimore and New England to lose a game.
Not necessarily...there are a few scenarios where we can get the #2 seed based off Strength of Victory...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...05&16=04015054
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2011   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Not necessarily...there are a few scenarios where we can get the #2 seed based off Strength of Victory...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...05&16=04015054
If some of the teams we've played and beaten win some games, our SOV goes up. So we need to root for Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Indy, Cleveland, etc., to win some games and get our SOV up.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Fixed it for you
Carolina, Indianapolis, Tennessee &... Santa?

I'll settle for 3-0 in the remaining regular season, then I'll settle for 3-0 going into the playoffs
Old 12-12-2011   #10
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 49584 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I'm getting a little worried.

I know the players were caught up in the moment with all the fans out and everyone giving the team big props for the playoffs...but I never heard one person mention the Carolina game. That's a little scary.

Kubiak seemed to be the only one with a level head; so I hope he has the team ready to go next weekend.

The Pathers game is a trap game if I've ever saw one.

Go Texans!!!!
EVOLVIST is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

We are one of the top teams in the NFL right now...

That means despite the oppositions record they are going to want to see how they stack up against us...

Translation: We are going to get everyone's best game from here on out.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #12
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
We are one of the top teams in the NFL right now...

That means despite the oppositions record they are going to want to see how they stack up against us...

Translation: We are going to get everyone's best game from here on out.
Agreed. It is easier to get to the top then it is to stay on top.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #13
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

I went 3 wins.

Panthers at Reliant - As much as I am enamored by Cam Newton, and his backfield, I believe our secondary is a favorable match up on Steve Smith and an otherwise anemic list of receivers, thus the front 7 should be able to keep that backfield in front of them. Our House. I like our chances.

Indy at Lucas Oil - My concerns with a suck team like this year's Indy?
- They will be desperate to avoid the humiliation of 0-16.
- Division Rival
- Road Game
But still, it's hard to look at the now 0-13 Colts and bet on them.

Titans at Reliant - Probably my biggest pick to upset my 3-0 prediction. Their run game seems to be revived, which makes them a different Titans team than we faced earlier this season. This is a grudge match/spoiler game for them and it's fair to say there is ZERO love for the Texans by this team. If we have a true rival, my money says it's the Titans.
Old 12-12-2011   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We win out the regular season. Pass the kool-aid and the pipe and get ready to ride.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
We win out the regular season. Pass the kool-aid and the pipe and get ready to ride.

oh lala!!
Old 12-12-2011   #16
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 11677 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this week might be our best shot to stay at #1 in the AFC. The Patriots are going to Denver to face Starter God and the Broncos. The Ravens are going to the west coast to play a Chargers team that is playing better as of late. All we need is one of those games to fall our way and we're that much closer to a first round bye.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #17
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If some of the teams we've played and beaten win some games, our SOV goes up. So we need to root for Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Indy, Cleveland, etc., to win some games and get our SOV up.
Key games aside from obvious Baltimore/New England losses...

Week 15
Miami over Buffalo
Tampa over Dallas
Minnesota over New Orleans

Week 16
Atlanta over New Orleans
Minnesota over Washington
Giants over Jets

Week 17
Miami over Jets
Giants over Cowboys
Carolina over New Orleans
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #18
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 11677 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Key games aside from obvious Baltimore/New England losses...

Week 15
Miami over Buffalo
Tampa over Dallas
Minnesota over New Orleans

Week 16
Atlanta over New Orleans
Minnesota over Washington
Giants over Jets

Week 17
Miami over Jets
Giants over Cowboys
Carolina over New Orleans
Wouldn't we need New Orleans to beat Minnesota to strengthen our SOV?
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Well, I'm getting a little worried.

I know the players were caught up in the moment with all the fans out and everyone giving the team big props for the playoffs...but I never heard one person mention the Carolina game. That's a little scary.

Kubiak seemed to be the only one with a level head; so I hope he has the team ready to go next weekend.

The Pathers game is a trap game if I've ever saw one.

Go Texans!!!!
Absolutely it has that potential. Hopefully we get back to work tomorrow and go into that game with some focus. Cam Newton is exactly the kind of QB that's given us trouble in the past and I expect him to have a pretty good day here until the Texans prove otherwise.

I know they can stop him and Carolina's defense is broken so our offense should be alright. The question is will our defense stop him.
Old 12-12-2011   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I want the Texans and Steelers to win out. Then I want the Ravens and Patriots to lose 1 game each.

Texans - 1st Seed
Steelers - 2nd Seed
6th Jets @ 3rd Patriots
5th Ravens @ 4th Broncos

We face the Jets at home after they beat the Patriots.
Steelers face the Ravens after a close game against the Broncos.

We beat the Jets and then face a really beaten up Steelers or Ravens team at Reliant for the AFC Championship Game.

Beat them and face Green Bay in the Super Bowl. Packers only loss of the season comes against the Texans as TJ Yates orchestrates a last minute 4th quarter game winning drive to win the Super Bowl.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read