Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2011   #1
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 27237 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 7:10 left in the 4th.......

It all worked out in the end, but did anyone notice the 30-40 seconds that ran off the clock starting at 7:10 left in the 4th. In both plays right after the Texan with the ball went out of bounds. After the first play the clock kept on running the whole time, while after the second play they restarted the clock well before the snap. Was the Buffalo Wild Wings guy controlling the game clock today?

The Officials and the Football Gods hate us!!!

Did anyone else notice that?
Old 12-11-2011   #2
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 7:10 left in the 4th.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
It all worked out in the end, but did anyone notice the 30-40 seconds that ran off the clock starting at 7:10 left in the 4th. In both plays right after the Texan with the ball went out of bounds. After the first play the clock kept on running the whole time, while after the second play they restarted the clock well before the snap. Was the Buffalo Wild Wings guy controlling the game clock today?

The Officials and the Football Gods hate us!!!

Did anyone else notice that?
I do believe that is the way things are supposed to go.

NFL rules dictate that the clock continues to run even if the player with the ball runs out of bounds up until the final two minutes in the half.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #3
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post

NFL rules dictate that the clock continues to run even if the player with the ball runs out of bounds up until the final two minutes in the half.
Yep -- this was one of those "what can we do to speed up the game other than reducing the number of commercials?" rule changes in the last few years.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #4
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Yep -- this was one of those "what can we do to speed up the game other than reducing the number of commercials?" rule changes in the last few years.
Bingo.
Old 12-11-2011   #5
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Rep Power: 27237 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wow I had no idea that happened. I think I'll negative rep myself!!!!!
Old 12-11-2011   #6
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I did it for you....

jk

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't worry, I got u.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2011   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Haha!

Hell, something gets by me at least once a week. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Old 12-11-2011   #9
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Quote:

I double checked the rule, the clock restarts once the ball is spotted if a player goes out of bounds. However after the first play after 7:10 the clock seemed to just keep running the entire time, even before the ball was spotted, so I feel a little better, guess we could afford those 15 seconds in hindsight.
Old 12-11-2011   #10
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
I double checked the rule, the clock restarts once the ball is spotted if a player goes out of bounds. However after the first play after 7:10 the clock seemed to just keep running the entire time, even before the ball was spotted, so I feel a little better, guess we could afford those 15 seconds in hindsight.
Yeah, I think sometimes the timekeeper is pretty lackadaisical until crunch time.
Old 12-11-2011   #11
Tonaaayyyy
Rookie

Rep Power: 130 Tonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respected

I did notice Eric Winston with an offside that didn't get called less than 1min left though
Tonaaayyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the exception of the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half, the game clock will be restarted following a kickoff return, a player going out of bounds on a play from scrimmage, or after declined penalties when appropriate on the referee’s signal.
Link

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read