Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2011   #21
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans AFC South Championship Hats and T's

Reliant was down to next to nothing around 9:30 this morning. Pearland Academy is out.

I'm just going to order online.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #22
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
I am going to wait till Feb 5th before I buy Texans Championship hats and T's.
MSR Someone get Grams for me!
Old 12-12-2011   #23
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Maybe it's me, but I don't want to jinx the playoff race with divisional championship gear.
Not just that, but printing up gear for winning the division is a little weak.

Win the Conference? Sure. But the division? 25% of NFL teams do that every year. Not such a big deal.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #24
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8237 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no problem with it,however if teams starting printing up shirts for being the #6 seed wild card thats a little bit different.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #25
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Win the Conference? Sure. But the division? 25% of NFL teams do that every year. Not such a big deal.
When it's the first time in franchise history, it's kind of a big deal.
Old 12-12-2011   #26
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well, the Packers and 49ers have division champs gear on nflshop.com, so it's not like the Texans are making some big deal out of it when other teams aren't.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #27
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

*******Went to Reliant today...*******

The guy working the front said that Wednesday they'll have any and all sizes from youth to ladies to mens. Plus, they'll have them in red, white and blue.

Also, I wouldn't bank on your local Academy store. Word from the two that I went to today is that people have been calling and crawling all over the place for those. One guy went in and bought 100 shirts and hats. The bandwagon is weighed down for sure.

Btw, I've been going to the Reliant Texans Store for years and never saw that many folks there before. It was a madhouse today. Usually when I would go in there the shelves are completely stocked and I was like the only one there. Crazy!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2011   #28
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Seriously? I can't believe you said that out loud...

1. First division championship for this young franchise is history. Of course we want the gear!

2. Every team... EVERY team sells divisional championship gear no matter how many times they've won it. As an example, check out the Patriots' division champs gear from 2010...

Guess they're "weak" too....

3. OBTW, if/when we win the conference championship, I want that gear too. I want the complete set.
Old 12-13-2011   #29
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Seriously? I can't believe you said that out loud...

1. First division championship for this young franchise is history. Of course we want the gear!

2. Every team... EVERY team sells divisional championship gear no matter how many times they've won it. As an example, check out the Patriots' division champs gear from 2010...

Guess they're "weak" too....

3. OBTW, if/when we win the conference championship, I want that gear too. I want the complete set.
Our gear is so lame compared to those.
Old 12-13-2011   #30
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I am waiting for the blue or red champ gear. But I agree. The white is plain, basic.... boring.

I assume they will come out with more gear that incorporates our other colors, and has a little more Zing! Zork! Kapowza! Call it what you want, in any language it spells mazuma in the bank!
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #31
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 41206 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
The same companies design all the teams gear and usually just swap out the colors and logos. See below.

Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #32
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

So 2011's division gear is lame compared to 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #33
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 14981 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Oak knoll academy has some hats and a few shirts of a different design 4 the Austin people.....went by there @ lunch
Old 12-13-2011   #34
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I...I can't wear a hat anymore.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #35
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
Oak knoll academy has some hats and a few shirts of a different design 4 the Austin people.....went by there @ lunch
I'll try to see what they have in Round Rock tonight. I am going to Houston on Saturday so I figured I just pick something up there.
Old 12-13-2011   #36
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I am waiting for the blue or red champ gear. But I agree. The white is plain, basic.... boring.

Yeah, I've been a little thrown back at why people want these shirts so badly myself. They're just plain old white shirts with a Texans logo that says Division Champs. No different than a Gazillion other Texans shirts you can find anywhere else, and we just won the division. That's great and all to have finally done that, but there are 7 other teams that win the division every year and sometimes Wild Card teams are better than division winners. Nothing wrong with wanting a new Texans shirt and all, but these aren't even nice shirts really. They're very plain. I'd rather just get a brand new Texans shirt that looks really nice that isn't over priced either since everyone is wanting to have this plain one just because it has Division Champs written on it. I'd rather make one myself if that's the case. Who knows, you could probably make a bunch and sell them for a nice price.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #37
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 41206 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yeah, I've been a little thrown back at why people want these shirts so badly myself. They're just plain old white shirts with a Texans logo that says Division Champs. No different than a Gazillion other Texans shirts you can find anywhere else, and we just won the division. That's great and all to have finally done that, but there are 7 other teams that win the division every year and sometimes Wild Card teams are better than division winners. Nothing wrong with wanting a new Texans shirt and all, but these aren't even nice shirts really. They're very plain. I'd rather just get a brand new Texans shirt that looks really nice that isn't over priced either since everyone is wanting to have this plain one just because it has Division Champs written on it. I'd rather make one myself if that's the case. Who knows, you could probably make a bunch and sell them for a nice price.
If you do, you'll get an cease and desist letter from the Texans and the NFL.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #38
michaelm
vox nihili

Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

They just got a new shipment of Championship shirts and hats at the Go Texans Store at Reliant.
There are some new designs, and colors other than the initial plain white design. Tried to take a pic, but couldn't get it to post
Old 12-14-2011   #39
michaelm
vox nihili

Ok, it finally let me post a pic.

Old 12-14-2011   #40
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Ok, it finally let me post a pic.

Now thats what I am talking about. These look good. Lets see what else they come out with.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read