Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Zebras were in Rare Form

I know it's easy to ***** about the refs. But it seemed like we couldn't catch a break with this group. They never missed a chance to nail us. They called all the legitimate penalties against us.......and then some. For example, that pass interference call that should have been a simple illegal contact. They seemed to go totally blind with obvious plays that should have been called against the Bengals, such as lining up in the neutral zone and DE offsides, several pass interferences.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #2
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 41206 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Zebras were in Rare Form

Yeah, but the PI call against Pacman on Jacoby was huge.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #3
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Yeah, but the PI call against Pacman on Jacoby was huge.
Poetic justice for Pacman spitting on Vickers.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #4
LikeMike
All Pro

Rep Power: 9210 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Plus we had a false start on the final TD pass (Winston) - all in all I think it was called fair.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #5
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they were bad on both sides. 2 blatant facemasks were missed for both teams, one against Antonio and another against a Bengal taking down Yates. Arian's fumble that started that long scrum was horrible to say that was a completed pass. Also on the final drive I felt Eric Winston started wayyy early on one play I was surprised they didnt call false start on that one
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Plus we had a false start on the final TD pass (Winston) - all in all I think it was called fair.
Actually, maybe it was just me, but Winston seemed to jump a split second early A LOT (~75%) on that final drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #7
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Actually, maybe it was just me, but Winston seemed to jump a split second early A LOT (~75%) on that final drive.
Not just you, I noticed it and was surprised he kept getting away with it
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2011   #8
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

the obvious facemask non call with the ref standing right in front of Yates that they missed...I was like GTFOH
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #9
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

OD got held the play before JJ's hold from pacman. The non call on Yate's face mask/head almost resulted in a broken TV. Did anyone notice the clock at 7:10 left in the 4th?
Old 12-11-2011   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

They also missed a facemask penalty on Antonio Smith .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

We got away with some false starts at the end of the game. At least TWO, if not one more.

If it wasn't a false start...then it was dang close to being one.

All in all, it got called evenly.
Old 12-11-2011   #12
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5919 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We got away with some false starts at the end of the game. At least TWO, if not one more.

If it wasn't a false start...then it was dang close to being one.

All in all, it got called evenly.
I have no problems with it overall. They missed some on both sides. And in the end, the biggest call of the game -- the PI call against Pacman on JJ -- went our way.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #13
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 21101 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I have no problems with it overall. They missed some on both sides. And in the end, the biggest call of the game -- the PI call against Pacman on JJ -- went our way.
Pacman had a hold on Jacoby's arm for about 15 yards (from the 7 to the 2 but they were running laterally). I got the impression that Pacman wanted to go steady with JJ...
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #14
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5919 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Pacman had a hold on Jacoby's arm for about 15 yards (from the 7 to the 2 but they were running laterally). I got the impression that Pacman wanted to go steady with JJ...
Yeah -- which is why I haven't heard any reasonably objective Bengals fans whining about the call.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #15
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Antonio's facemask was pretty bad but I think he paid up for it last week with that roughing the passer. Other than that I didn't think it was too bad. I thought Foster caught it and dropped it live, then the replay I couldn't really tell.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #16
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8236 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

It wasn't near as bad as it usually is considering who the lead referee was. That guy usually ****s us with no Vaseline.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Antonio's facemask was pretty bad but I think he paid up for it last week with that roughing the passer. Other than that I didn't think it was too bad. I thought Foster caught it and dropped it live, then the replay I couldn't really tell.
Go back and watch the replay - the one after the comercial break. It shows the play from behind and its pretty clear that he never had possession.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #18
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 31542 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Go back and watch the replay - the one after the comercial break. It shows the play from behind and its pretty clear that he never had possession.
Bullshi7, If that were in the endzone every fan here would be clamoring for hochuly's head. That was a catch and fumble, called a catch and fumble, and it was too close to overturn.
Old 12-11-2011   #19
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 21101 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Bullshi7, If that were in the endzone every fan here would be clamoring for hochuly's head. That was a catch and fumble, called a catch and fumble, and it was too close to overturn.
And I call Bullshi14 on this. Check out the game against SD last year. Foster catches the ball in the endzone has control runs 2 steps, stumbles and sets the ball down/drops the ball - incomplete. He had a lot less possession of the ball on this one. So the way they have been calling these the last 2 years - this was clearly incomplete also. Although I agree with you that they would have called this incomplete if it had happened it the endzone.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #20
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
the obvious facemask non call with the ref standing right in front of Yates that they missed...I was like GTFOH

I was pissed about that one too. I guess the league wants to protect QBs...provided those QBs are named Brady, Manning and Brees.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read