Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2011   #1
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Game Winning Drive

Thought this deserved its own thread. NFL.com has posted the game winning drive and it was a historic drive for this franchise. Enjoy! Go Texans!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...-winning-drive

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...ates-17-yd-run
Video of "The Run" with Marc Vandermeer making the call.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...r-6-yd-pass-TD
The winning score. With Vandermeer making the call.

Old 12-11-2011   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Game Winning Drive

I know, some of you are getting tired of seeing it...... but

Wooooo!!

I'm just so excited.
Old 12-11-2011   #3
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

heck of a grab by OD..
Old 12-11-2011   #4
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, says video is "unavailable".
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #5
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Damn, says video is "unavailable".
Just worked for me.

And it would be really hard to get tired of seeing that. I still love watching the tape of my alma mater ripping our archrivals in 1990.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #6
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

OD was a beast all day. He put on a clinic of how to step up and help a young QB. Same thing with KW. Great team effort on that last drive.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing that sucked was Marv Albert's inability to recognize the importance of that drive and the subsequent score. It's like he's on a 10 min delay and it doesn't register in his brain fast enough. Rich Gannon was pretty blah about it too imo.
Old 12-11-2011   #8
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2649 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just noticed something while rewatching that drive. That pass to Jacoby may have very well been a touchdown had there not been a PI. It was very nicely placed and if Jacoby hadn't been slowed down, he had a very good chance at the ball (assuming he doesn't drop it),
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #9
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
I just noticed something while rewatching that drive. That pass to Jacoby may have very well been a touchdown had there not been a PI. It was very nicely placed and if Jacoby hadn't been slowed down, he had a very good chance at the ball (assuming he doesn't drop it),
I haven't heard too much bitching from relatively objective Bengals fans about that call, so it wouldn't surprise me. I haven't seen an angle of that play that tells me it may have been a catch. And let's not forget this is JJ we're talking about, so assuming a catch might be a bit optimistic.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #10
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I haven't heard too much bitching from relatively objective Bengals fans about that call, so it wouldn't surprise me. I haven't seen an angle of that play that tells me it may have been a catch. And let's not forget this is JJ we're talking about, so assuming a catch might be a bit optimistic.
I think its fair to say that ball would have hit 'Coby in the hands. After that, who knows what may have happened.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #11
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Adam Jones sure did mug him though. It was like 15 yards of patty cake and a nice club to the head of coverage. And in truly not guilty fashion throws his hands up and looks at the ref! Just for future reference Pacman, it doesn't work in court either.

That catch by OD was big time.

That run by Yates was gigantic. He took a mountain, put it on his shoulders and juked his way 17 yards down the field for the first. "The Throw" Yates to Walter for the TD, the division, the t-shirts!! Epic memories, where were you the first time the Texans made the playoffs?!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #12
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Epic memories, where were you the first time the Texans made the playoffs?!
Where was I? I was sitting on my couch, screaming "Are you f'in kidding me? Are you f'in kidding me? Are you f'in kidding me?"

Seriously.....I screamed it over & over. My wife was putting on her make-up and she even came in the living room to see what I was yelling about.

Her comments....."I'm so happy for you babe."

Understatement of the year......
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #13
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Epic memories, where were you the first time the Texans made the playoffs?!

I was at a sports bar up in huntsville. The place went wild. It was amazing to see all those fans up here.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #14
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
One thing that sucked was Marv Albert's inability to recognize the importance of that drive and the subsequent score. It's like he's on a 10 min delay and it doesn't register in his brain fast enough. Rich Gannon was pretty blah about it too imo.
Yeah, I had to mute that SOB.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #15
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I was at a sports bar up in huntsville. The place went wild. It was amazing to see all those fans up here.
Which one? I probably should have joined you. But, then again... At home I was free to run around acting like an ***** after the TD catch.
Old 12-12-2011   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Hello desktop background.
Old 12-12-2011   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I went running into the street with my kids and was dancing. The kids in the neighborhood who were playing outside ran inside screaming "a man is going crazy!!!"
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #18
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I went running into the street with my kids and was dancing. The kids in the neighborhood who were playing outside ran inside screaming "a man is going crazy!!!"
Same here El Tejano. The game started 3AM Japan time and was over early in the morning. When the Texans won, I screamed so loud that my family woke up and thought I was having a heart attack. I explained to my wife and son about the game and my wife shook her head and son just went oh maaaannn kind of gesture with smile on his face as my son knows how I love the Texans and was happy for me.

Go Texans!!! AFC South Champions!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read