Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Still major disrepect from NFL Network

DX-TEX

#TomSavageDontCare
Anyone watching the Gameday Highlights show? They literally show about 40 seconds of the game then talk about how far we can go in the playoffs. Of course Dukes and Waddle say "not past the first round", will lose to the Steelers.

What else do we have to do!?

WTF is wrong with ESPN, NFL today? The Falcons get the cover story? Why? We clinched our first ever playoff spot in a miracle game and we're a side story. F the national media.

It was supposed to be "earn it, and you get it" Now we've earned it, and are still being looked over

Anyone watching the Gameday Highlights show? They literally show about 40 seconds of the game then talk about how far we can go in the playoffs. Of course Dukes and Waddle say "not past the first round", will lose to the Steelers.

Waited through 20 minutes of highlights for them to get to our game and they showed 2 plays and one poll where they said we couldn't beat the steelers. Horse sh*t.

It gets worse!

Now they show a poll asking to name the best 10 win team in the AFC.

Texans, Ravens, Steelers and Patriots. Dukes says anyone but the Texans....

I'm worried about the Steelers. With the combination of the Texans' bad luck with injuries and the dirtiest player in the league (James Harrison) lining up on the other side, I shudder at the thought...

Y'all might get flamed for this thread, but I totally get wait, waiting, waiting for them to get to Houston and they skip it or give 20 seconds. Very lame.

Being from Toronto, we've always got this treatment with the Raptors franchise. The only time we changed things was when we actually got to the playoffs and beat the Knicks in the first round back in the Vince Carter days. We then had the most media attention out of any of the second round teams when we went against Iverson's Sixers.

When teams dwindle down, you force them to pay attention to you, and that's what the Texans will do come February.

The Steelers won't be playing Htown in the first round. The Steelers will end up with the fifth seed and will likely play Denver.

It gets worse!

Now they show a poll asking to name the best 10 win team in the AFC.

Texans, Ravens, Steelers and Patriots. Dukes says anyone but the Texans....

I think these guys thrive on this stuff. Let the pundits and "journalists" keep underestimating and naysaying.

I'm worried about the Steelers. With the combination of the Texans' bad luck with injuries and the dirtiest player in the league (James Harrison) lining up on the other side, I shudder at the thought...

Didn't we break James Harrisons orbital bone when we played them earlier this year?

This is why I didn't cry when we won the game today.

Like I said in the other thread: EFF THEM. Eff 'em all.

I knew we wouldn't get the respect. Why? Because they have their story, and the story is that they didn't pick us to win this season and they have a vested interest in making sure that they shade their coverage and can't be called out on their turnaround now that we clinched.

Jamie Dukes is the biggest POS on TV, period. He is like the store manager in the movie Elf. Prancing around acting like he's the **** of the walk, unaware of what's going on around him, and Buddy The Elf (The Texans) comes in and shows him up.

Eff that guy. At least Adam Schein of FoxSports came back around and started acknowledging that he has faith in us and likes our chances. He dipped a bit this off-season, due to being disappointed in us the past few years, but he jumped back aboard the Texans Express before today happened.

The others? Eff them. Sharpe on CBS likes us. He said Ravens and Texans best two AFC teams, and that Steelers and Pats are 3rd and 4th behind us.

The Steelers won't be playing Htown in the first round. The Steelers will end up with the fifth seed and will likely play Denver.
Unless the Steelers can pick up a game on the Ravens in the next three weeks.

The Texans are almost certainly the #3 seed at minimum. If the Texans wind up as only the #3 seed, they get the lowest seed in the first round -- right now, that would be the Jets.

Same pack of unaccountable reporters said Houston couldn't win with Yates. JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE ON TV, DOESN"T MAKE THEM SMART!

Did anyone feel the need to hear Rex Ryan for about 20-30 mins about his great win over powerhouse KC today too?

If the Texans wind up as only the #3 seed, they get the lowest seed in the first round -- right now, that would be the Jets.

In Reliant. And let's see Sanchez play against our defense NOW.

He would need a meteor to strike Reliant in order to get out of being on his ass all day long. Funny how things come around, isn't it? He and Rex dancing all around the field that day...only to come back here in a playoff game against the best defense (something Rex is known for) in the league.

Reliant will be deafening for the Jets all day. It will be epic.

But I'm holding out for a 1st round bye. Still got three weeks of games to get some rest AND home field in round 2. That's the goal.

The Texans are almost certainly the #3 seed at minimum. If the Texans wind up as only the #3 seed, they get the lowest seed in the first round -- right now, that would be the Jets.

Maybe we can pay them back for 2009 and last year.

I hate the Jets and hope they miss out. I hate that lucky bullshit team more than I hate the Patriots.

Whatever. I don't care. Let's just keep winning.

That was pretty much my point. I don't see the Steelers ending up with the sixth seed, thus they won't be playing Houston in the first round.

That was pretty much my point. I don't see the Steelers ending up with the sixth seed, thus they won't be playing Houston in the first round.

True -- but we don't even know that Houston will even play in the first round. So it would still be possible for their first opponent to be Pittsburgh -- but only if they get a first round bye, not if they take the #3 seed.

Sweet Jesus, people.

1) A good friend of mine works for ESPN. She sent me a text telling me she have the Texans a shoutout during her closing shot on the Sports Reporters this morning.

2) She also wrote a great column about the Texans resiliency last week.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/...ouston-texans-nfl-most-impressive-team-season

3) Last month's ESPN The Magazine had a cover story on the Texans. They spent an entire day with the team, and profiled the Texans-Steelers game. They dedicated something like 30 or so pages to the Texans.

Just because the immediate media reaction isn't to stop all the presses and praise the Texans great win doesn't mean we're not liked or respected nationally. And, even if we aren't, so what?

Sweet Jesus, people.

1) A good friend of mine works for ESPN. She sent me a text telling me she have the Texans a shoutout during her closing shot on the Sports Reporters this morning.

2) She also wrote a great column about the Texans resiliency last week.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/...ouston-texans-nfl-most-impressive-team-season

3) Last month's ESPN The Magazine had a cover story on the Texans. They spent an entire day with the team, and profiled the Texans-Steelers game. They dedicated something like 30 or so pages to the Texans.

Just because the immediate media reaction isn't to stop all the presses and praise the Texans great win doesn't mean we're not liked or respected nationally. And, even if we aren't, so what?

This time it's not ESPN that's the guilty party. It's NFLN.

Edit: and if you know Jemele Hill, tell her she's got at least one fan in Houston.

Everyone here does realise that when we beat the undefeated Packers in the Superbowl, it'll be remembered just like the Pats-Giants Superbowl.

You know that one that the Patriots lost?

Whereas more recently the Saints and Packers have won superbowls, that year the Patriots lost one.

But who cares really, the Texans are great to watch at the moment and just like Green Bay last year, they will improve by default next season when all those stars are back in the lineup, not to mention the number of others who are on the field but really banged up.

TexansNWO.jpg

These guys should go have a talk with Dukes....

Eh, whatever. Clinching the playoffs isn't a big deal among the AFC elite. I'm fine with this. If you really care about outside perception, think of it as it solidifies us in an 'expected outcome' kind of way.

This day is OURS and there's nothing anyone can say or do to take it away from us. Time to celebrate folks and don't get caught up on who's talking or not talking about us. This is about Houston.

The Texans don't need any respect from ESPN or NFL Network, as long as they get it from Houston - the city. No amount of national attention is going to compare with what we the fans are able to provide, in terms of respect, for this win.

Edit: I mean all Texans fans, those outside the city as well carrying that Texans banner.W e all deserve to relish in this victory and the AFC South Champions Houston Texans.

Edit: and if you know Jemele Hill, tell her she's got at least one fan in Houston.

I will tell her that. She gets a lot of flack from the basement Jethro's who troll the ESPN comments. A lot of people don't think a woman can have opinions about sports, unfortunately.

I just sent her a text suggesting she write a column about Wade Phillips and how he should be considered for coach of the year, and not merely coordinator of the year. I doubt if she'll bite on that one, though.

im convinced these clowns dont watch all the games. theyre tuned into the packers or whatever..

watching the highlights on NFL Network.. they said the pass interference call happened on the throw to owen daniels and went against reggie nelson.. they all responded with "uuuuhh i dont know about that one.. hmmmmm uhhhhh" more jamie dukes hate.. but the PI call was on pacman jones on the throw to jacoby jones...

Yep. I agree on this.

We were the 4th or 5th story on espn's website. "Texans Clinch Division." Had a clip of the highlights of the game. Then you have a chance to click on another link that opens another story, called "Rapid Reaction" that talks more about it.

The NFLN guys are trying to act like they drive or define the flow of NFL news now. They've actually surpassed ESPN in being consumed with their own bias or their own take on what is hip and what is not, etc. Dukes has become the worst at it, IMO.

They'll have to talk about us after a Super Bowl win.

na they would talk about who should of REALLY won it, even if we did win. And then Espn would decide to suddenly stop coming out with their special DVD on superbowl teams seasons. Then the commissioner would decide football is old news and the league would end, we would get stiffed one way our the other :whip:

All the national sports media are too busy masturbating to Tebow to give us any attention. Or sucking up to a team in a "major media market."

Screw 'em all.

Ok, apparently there is a CLASSY group of NFLN guys and there is a SNOTTY group of NFLN guys who envy the CLASSY guys.

Because I just watched Eisen, Deion, and Mooch go ULTRA CLASSY for the Texans. Nothing but the highest praise for the Texans. At the end of the highlights, Mooch yells out "Way to go KUBES!"

Showed mama hugging daddy, and they ALL thought that was superb stuff right there. Every guy on that panel said "Congratulations to the Texans." They couldn't stop saying nice things about us.

Nice, nice, nice stuff from the main guys. They showed Yates in a press conference type interview (he's wearing his suit, tie, and Division Champs cap!), then they even had McNair wearing one and interviewed McNair who said, "I hear all this talk about other coaches being considered for COTY. What about Gary Kubiak? We've won our last three games with three different QBs, and no mention of Gary Kubiak for coach of the year???" WOW!

Dukes and his squad of haters are trying to be edgy, IMO. Trying to be smarter than the rest of the world on this deal. Just my 2 cents.

The main guys and the guys on Playbook always show us alot of respect. I'd rather have the people who actually know a sh*t about football then the pricks like Dukes.

Screw what everyone else says or thinks about. We are young, we are good, and we are division champions. We weren't suppose it this far with a rag tag lineup full of backups and backups to the backups. Let's take it out on next weeks opponent, then the next one, and so on.

Shannon Sharpe on CBS said he thinks the Texans are the second best team in the AFC behind the Ravens. Since the Ravens won that head to head, I can't disagree with him.

Back