Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2011   #121
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Still major disrepect from NFL Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Hey Jamie, act like you've been there.

Oh, wait ..... but you haven't been there, have you?

until you've got playoff experience ..... Texans 1+, DukesRat 0.
Ouch. That's the epitome of "Scoreboard!" LOL....

Nice find. I love how it says Playoff Log, and it's blank. Nuthin' there.

Somebody should tweet him about that. Say something like "Hey Dukes, you forgot that you've never made the playoffs yourself. Remember? LMAO."
Old 12-13-2011   #122
Sway
Veteran

Rep Power: 182 Sway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respected

I havent read the entire thread, so If Im piggybacking or repeating, sorry!!! feel free to delete my post. First off IM ROYALLY PISSED about all the tebow acclaims!!! I dont CARE that he wears his religion on his sleeve and has supposedly carried that over to his team... that NOT going to win them a championship alone! Ya GOTTA PLAY! And granted, he has has improved the broncos immensely. HOWEVER what about our first ever playoff? our first EVER AFC South win? how ABOUT YATES, our 3rd string that no one gave two $hits about during the combine??? I kept hoping yesterday that NFLN would grant us just a LITTLE bit of congrats... and no. On the upside, they can play us as the underdogs all they want. They all think we're the same team from last year or... whenever. Maybe when we win the AFC they'll take us serious... wait, no they won't.... we're the TEXANS and everyone's still jealous that we were a country and they weren't!
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #123
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: Still major disrepect from NFL Network

I don't watch the NFL network....so all I have to go on is BSPN....
I really thought they would talk about the Texan game more. It was not mentioned at all except by Hannah Storm right before a commerical break who gave a shout out about us being division champs. Mike and Mike did the evening sportscenter right before the MNF game and had a phone interview with TJ Yates for about 5 minutes. Yates talked about the game winning drive and what was said in the huddle and how everything seemed calm.
As far as the coverage during the day....seemed like they wanted to concentrate on Tebow vs the Bears....
First take has turned into a lovefest for Tebow by Skip Bayless......just pure manlove....think he wants to marry the guy lmao....

I expected to see some Texan highlights on the Sportscenters....but hardly any if at all.....It really does not suprise me...

I think NFL live did talk about the Texans and showed the last few seconds of the game.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #124
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares. Just win. 1-0!
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #125
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Just heard Torry Holt of NFLN rank TJ Yates as the #2 rookie QB.

1) Newton
2) Yates
3) Dalton
4) Locker
5) Gabbert
6) Ponder

Only #2? Just another example of NFLN hate.
Old 12-13-2011   #126
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
@jamiedukes HOP... Act like you been there Texans fans. You've been quiet as a church rat as your team has choked year after year. Now you act like you have Steeler tradition.
Tweeted back

@ThaJokaa (Alexander Hernandez)
@jamiedukes You talk like if you EVER went to the playoffs, my Texans already did something you NEVER did...
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #127
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 30516 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Just heard Torry Holt of NFLN rank TJ Yates as the #2 rookie QB.

1) Newton
2) Yates
3) Dalton
4) Locker
5) Gabbert
6) Ponder

Only #2? Just another example of NFLN hate.
I haven't seen a Vikes game all year, Ponder must be absolute garbage if he is behind Gabbert.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2011   #128
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
I haven't seen a Vikes game all year, Ponder must be absolute garbage if he is behind Gabbert.
Those aren't my rankings, as I would certainly take Ponder over Gabbert, from what I've seen thus far.
Old 12-13-2011   #129
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Tweeted back

@jamiedukes You talk like if you EVER went to the playoffs, my Texans already did something you NEVER did...
nice
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #130
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tweeted back

hold on wait, is that avatar real or photo shop?
Old 12-13-2011   #131
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh its real

Quote:
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #132
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Oh its real
thumbs up daddy O
Old 12-13-2011   #133
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanballer View Post
You guys forget to mention NBC.

31/32 teams in the NFL have played on Sunday Night Football.

Il let you guys guess the only team who hasnt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
I'm not much on the "no respect" thing, but that is unreal.
We have played Sunday Night a number of times, our first game was on Sunday Night - all were on ESPN.
Old 12-13-2011   #134
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh its real
...and it's spectacular!
Old 12-13-2011   #135
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
It was not mentioned at all except by Hannah Storm right before a commerical break who gave a shout out about us being division champs.
And that's probably since she is from Houston if I remember correctly, so at least the hometown girls slid us in there.

She probably got bitched out off camera for bringing up the Texans to which I say :shakeweight:

Would love to see Dominique Sachse parading around a set on ESPN......

I miss her...

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #136
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tweeted back

Rep Yo Way, ThaJokaa

Blah-dow!
Old 12-14-2011   #137
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates long was strong on No Huddle. Had a segment on grading the young QBs. Sapp and Mariuchi both gave Yates a B+. Jalen Rose gave him an A-. Swoon gave him an I for "I don't know". Pretty good.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #138
jwmann2
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
WTF is wrong with ESPN, NFL today? The Falcons get the cover story? Why? We clinched our first ever playoff spot in a miracle game and we're a side story. F the national media.

It was supposed to be "earn it, and you get it" Now we've earned it, and are still being looked over
You've got grow your fan base to get love from the media.
Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Yankees. Those are the teams they love because fans are weak minded and root for those teams.
Old 12-17-2011   #139
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans fans need therapy I think. Never seen a group of people more wrapped up in who does or doesn't "respect" their team.

It's a really simple equation. Win and you get respect. Win for a long time and you are entitled to respect. I love the Texans but they ain't won **** in ten years and what's worse they've spent the last three years making anybody stupid enough to predict they were gonna win look bad.

It gets better too. If they go one-and-done in the playoffs and get smoked in the process then they're starting over again next year. If they come out next year and go 6-10 for some reason (and I don't for a second believe they will) then they start over again. Consistent winning gets all this attention everybody craves.

Nobody likes bandwagon fans but guess who votes your players into the Pro Bowl (at least from the fan-side)?

That's right, bandwagon fans who know their name because they follow the team because it wins.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow. If they win again Yates is going to start pulling some attention away from Tebow and god knows (no pun intended) we could all use a little less Tebow coverage.
Old 12-23-2011   #140
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

We damn sure don't deserve any respect after that ****ty performance last night on their last nationally televised game of the season! I wouldn't be surprised if they never show a clip of us again, our coach and team deserves a 2 hour rant by Michael Lombardi on how "soft" we are and how bad we have stunk it up the last two weeks. Maybe if they were forced to listen to that they would play harder to shut up the criticism. I hope the team enjoys their Christmas and that they enjoy the extra time to linger in their stench. I know they have put a huge downer on the start to my holiday. 0-10 in Indy... fantastic, never swept the Colts... fantastic! I guess these Texans got too big headed after doing what they should have done which was to win a weak division, I didn't buy any division champ gear because I was afraid this would happen. Maybe it's best we don't go into the playoffs over confident with a rookie QB anyways, hopefully they wake up before then and hopefully Kubiak pulls his head out soon. Happy Christmas all! Oh yeah, and go Texans...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read