Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2011   #101
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Still major disrepect from NFL Network

Here's the shit I am complaining about:

http://youtu.be/Zoq-hfmn6ro

They do it ALL the time.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #102
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Still major disrepect from NFL Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post

They do it ALL the time.
Nice evidence yank!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #103
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a Tebow hater, but damn if Tebow-mania hasn't taken over where "Favre watch" left off!

He's not the only guy playing football, people!!

About Dukes...kinda' disappointed that he'd tweet such an a-hole statement. Now I just look forward to the inevitable news story that he's choked on a chicken bone...
Old 12-12-2011   #104
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm not a Tebow hater, but damn if Tebow-mania hasn't taken over where "Favre watch" left off!

He's not the only guy playing football, people!!

About Dukes...kinda' disappointed that he'd tweet such an a-hole statement. Now I just look forward to the inevitable news story that he's choked on a chicken bone...
MSR

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #105
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Sweet Jesus, people.

1) A good friend of mine works for ESPN. She sent me a text telling me she have the Texans a shoutout during her closing shot on the Sports Reporters this morning.

2) She also wrote a great column about the Texans resiliency last week.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/s...ve-team-season

3) Last month's ESPN The Magazine had a cover story on the Texans. They spent an entire day with the team, and profiled the Texans-Steelers game. They dedicated something like 30 or so pages to the Texans.

Just because the immediate media reaction isn't to stop all the presses and praise the Texans great win doesn't mean we're not liked or respected nationally. And, even if we aren't, so what?
Just caught this. Great article and thanks much for sharing.

REP

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #106
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

The celebration of clinching a playoff spot is big news here because it hasn't happened to a pro football team in almost 20 years, but don't expect that to be headline grabbing in the national media. We are the best team in a very weak division so it makes sense that we would clinch a spot early. Not a surprise. It has been expected to happen for weeks.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #107
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am too the point of "who gives a shit if the media gives respect"

look at this team... injuries gallore and they keep chugging (been getting harder and harder but still)

I like under the radar
Texans need to win out and get a bye week
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2011   #108
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

If I could choose which commentators should hate the Texans, I would want Skip Bayless at the top of that list.

Quote:
@jamiedukes HOP... Act like you been there Texans fans. You've been quiet as a church rat as your team has choked year after year. Now you act like you have Steeler tradition.
Our first ever playoff clinch, and he expects no celebration? Lebron James understands fan psychology better than this guy.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #109
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Its a pretty dumb statement by Dukes period. Mainly because Texans fans haven't been quiet at all. We've been screaming wanting a playoff team and we finally got it. Dude is a chump though. His show on NFL network lasted all of 2 seconds.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #110
DefenseWins
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Sweet Jesus, people.

1) A good friend of mine works for ESPN. She sent me a text telling me she have the Texans a shoutout during her closing shot on the Sports Reporters this morning.

2) She also wrote a great column about the Texans resiliency last week.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/s...ve-team-season

3) Last month's ESPN The Magazine had a cover story on the Texans. They spent an entire day with the team, and profiled the Texans-Steelers game. They dedicated something like 30 or so pages to the Texans.

Just because the immediate media reaction isn't to stop all the presses and praise the Texans great win doesn't mean we're not liked or respected nationally. And, even if we aren't, so what?
Jemele Hill is terrific. Not hating on her.

I'm talking about the types who don't seem to get this team yet - and ESPN has a large number of those. I still will never get off the point that UTESPN threw down 20 years for the Longhorn Network. I get that there are a lot of UT alums in this world but this is just the kind of thing both of those parties would do. Money grab until they own it all. ESPN also doesn't seem to understand that UT is not TEXAS. They are not one in the same.

Certainly there are some good national pundits i respect, Rome and Hill are probably the two most prominent. Rome has had Houston Texans players on his major shows for a number of years.

But the majority can go take a hike. BTW Joe Buck at FOX is right near the top of that list too.

PS - I get that there are good UT fans out there - probably some on this website so spare me that BS. The administrations of both parties, UT and ESPN, really tick me off though.
DefenseWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #111
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, apparently Warren Sapp is a fan. He thinks we are the best team in the AFC, and by "we" that's actually what he says in this clip.

Link

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #112
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseWins View Post
Jemele Hill is terrific. Not hating on her.

I'm talking about the types who don't seem to get this team yet - and ESPN has a large number of those. I still will never get off the point that UTESPN threw down 20 years for the Longhorn Network. I get that there are a lot of UT alums in this world but this is just the kind of thing both of those parties would do. Money grab until they own it all. ESPN also doesn't seem to understand that UT is not TEXAS. They are not one in the same.

Certainly there are some good national pundits i respect, Rome and Hill are probably the two most prominent. Rome has had Houston Texans players on his major shows for a number of years.

But the majority can go take a hike. BTW Joe Buck at FOX is right near the top of that list too.

PS - I get that there are good UT fans out there - probably some on this website so spare me that BS. The administrations of both parties, UT and ESPN, really tick me off though.

Way to take a thread specifically about the NFL network disrespecting the Texans and spin up an anti-Longhorn/ anti-ESPN rant.

Agenda much?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #113
DefenseWins
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Way to take a thread specifically about the NFL network disrespecting the Texans and spin up an anti-Longhorn/ anti-ESPN rant.

Agenda much?
No agenda, just truth.

ESPN is not covering the Texans because THEY DON'T WANT TO (except for people at that network like Hill who have an open mind and take a genuine interest). They want to cover teams and headlines that sell. The Longhorn Network signing for 20 years reflects that. The Tebow coverage reflects that. Covering only a specific few teams a year like the Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Packers reflects exactly that.

Like it or not, it's right in front of your face. ESPN picks and chooses who they want to cover. They are, officially, in league with certain NFL and college teams, of this I am certain.

Which is why I don't watch about 95 percent of their programming unless it's games. They are no longer about journalism - they are about money. And UT gobbling up that 20 year contract proves they are all about making a buck as well - their admin doesn't give a flying rat's behind about you or me and neither does ESPN.

Both have heartless, soulless greedy administrations who drive out all their competition instead of letting their competition make them better. They stack the deck in their favor which is not how you become great. You become great by letting competition make you better.
DefenseWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #114
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235719 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
@jamiedukes HOP... Act like you been there Texans fans. You've been quiet as a church rat as your team has choked year after year. Now you act like you have Steeler tradition.
Hey Jamie, act like you've been there.

Oh, wait ..... but you haven't been there, have you?

until you've got playoff experience ..... Texans 1+, DukesRat 0.
Old 12-12-2011   #115
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseWins View Post
No agenda, just truth.

ESPN is not covering the Texans because THEY DON'T WANT TO (except for people at that network like Hill who have an open mind and take a genuine interest). They want to cover teams and headlines that sell. The Longhorn Network signing for 20 years reflects that. The Tebow coverage reflects that. Covering only a specific few teams a year like the Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Packers reflects exactly that.

Like it or not, it's right in front of your face. ESPN picks and chooses who they want to cover. They are, officially, in league with certain NFL and college teams, of this I am certain.

Which is why I don't watch about 95 percent of their programming unless it's games. They are no longer about journalism - they are about money. And UT gobbling up that 20 year contract proves they are all about making a buck as well - their admin doesn't give a flying rat's behind about you or me and neither does ESPN.

Both have heartless, soulless greedy administrations who drive out all their competition instead of letting their competition make them better. They stack the deck in their favor which is not how you become great. You become great by letting competition make you better.

The main point of my post was that your response was off topic to the thread. There are plenty of other places to discuss the topic that you're posting about.

Having said that, I don't disagree with what you said. It's just not really relevant to this thread.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #116
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quiet as a church? Rofl. Unbelievable, what a *******. Although I don't take him seriously anyways. Every time I hear/read something about him, I just think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rzAaGhAVZ8

And that's when I remember no cares are given about anything he says or does.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #117
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post

They do it ALL the time.
Earlier this year, I waited through an hour of game summaries that I didn't care about just to have the Texans highlights disappear from the list. I guess the Chiefs or the Bears were more important.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #118
Texanballer
Rookie

Rep Power: 25 Texanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performer

You guys forget to mention NBC.

31/32 teams in the NFL have played on Sunday Night Football.

Il let you guys guess the only team who hasnt.
Texanballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #119
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanballer View Post
You guys forget to mention NBC.

31/32 teams in the NFL have played on Sunday Night Football.

Il let you guys guess the only team who hasnt.
I'm not much on the "no respect" thing, but that is unreal.
Old 12-13-2011   #120
Texanballer
Rookie

Rep Power: 25 Texanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performer

Yeah, pretty crazy
Texanballer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read