Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2011   #61
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Still major disrepect from NFL Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
He keeps picking against us and we keep proving him wrong.
It's funny watching him having to eat his words when we win.
Ah, it's the Tebow Effect. Now I get it.

A talking head picks against a guy, week after week, and he can't stop betting against the guy because it admits an agenda or lack of objective analysis.

He wants to be the "I Told You So!" guy when said person or team goes down in flames. Going against the grain for the sake of looking smarter than the Group Thinkers.

Thank you, Obsiwan.
Old 12-11-2011   #62
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Eh, that's not news. Bill Cowher has always liked the Texans. For the last several years.

Look, there are media members that simply have their biases. Some hate us, some like us.

Media folks that have traditionally liked the Texans:
Bill Cowher
Howie Long
Tony Dungy
Jemele Hill

Media folks that point blank hate us, and likely always will:
Matt Millen
Mike Lombardi
Skip Bayless
Jamie Dukes

I'm sure I'm missing a few on both lists, but, you see my point. I don't really pay attention to what people say about us. Matt Millen, for example, passed on a guy named Andre Johnson in favor of Charles Rodgers when he was running the Lions. Charles Rodgers ended up a crackhead. So, in his case, the Texans simply remind him of his mistakes.

If people don't like us, screw 'em.
Sterling Sharpe been reppin the Texans even when we sucked.
I remember him willing to be laughed at every week on Playbook, and
his name should be listed as a definite Texans homer.
Old 12-11-2011   #63
phenom01
Rookie

well the game should be picked as one of the three best games of the week for NFL Replay this week. I think it should be Texans game, probably Broncos game and the just completed Giants game. Good games this week.

Should be fun to see the NFL films replays and comments during plays of the division clinching game, they do a great job with the NFL replay games.
phenom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #64
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juqm94sUV_E

Listen to this while you look at that pic.
Precisely my thought when I saw Reed.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #65
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
who cares. Crying should be outlawed in Football.
I really don't get the wanting "respect" from _____ network or dude, but then spend an entire thread talking about how _______ blank sucks.
Old 12-12-2011   #66
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I really don't get the wanting "respect" from _____ network or dude, but then spend an entire thread talking about how _______ blank sucks.
It's frustrating to see a sports commentator actively UNHAPPY that a team or player accomplishes something positive, such as winning a divisional title for the first time in its history.

It's classless, not merely "Jamie Dukes sucks, blah blah blah" It's beyond that. It's sad to see a guy like Dukes harbor some sort of weird hate against this team. Eisen, Deion (who has had his fair share of criticism of the Texans) and Mooch all had positive things to say, but Dukes goes polar opposite and actively tries to disrespect the achievement.

To me, it's fair for a sports fan to see that and think it's bizarre behavior. Because it is a little awkward, frankly.
Old 12-12-2011   #67
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

#1 seed
#1 defense

I'll tough it out.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2011   #68
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #69
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh... I really don't care what Jamie Dukes says, because most of the time, this dude has no idea what he is even saying.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #70
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Still major disrepect from NFL Network

This morning SC and NFLN keep repeating Cowboys/Giants high lights and talking about Tebow. Is there any where online to catch game day highlights?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #71
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
This morning SC and NFLN keep repeating Cowboys/Giants high lights and talking about Tebow. Is there any where online to catch game day highlights?
Texans highlights on NFL.com here: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...headline_stack

You can find lots more on the video portion of their site.
Old 12-12-2011   #72
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Sirius 88 at 10am ... I can promise you Schein and Gannon will be singing our praises
Old 12-12-2011   #73
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #74
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Check out this tweet from fat ass Jamie Dukes.
Quote:
HOP... Act like you been there Texans fans. You've been quiet as a church rat as your team has choked year after year. Now you act like you have Steeler tradition
Keep alienating the 4th largest market in the country, Jamie Dipsh!t, and see what that gets you & NFLN.

NFL means Not For Long in television, too ..... stop watching until they can his fat a$$.

Last edited by Playoffs; 12-12-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #75
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 125605 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I was watching NFL Gameday Final on NFLN and they gave us plenty of credit. They showed highlights, celebration after the titan loss, a few players talk and McNair say a few words.

Count me in the group that doesn't understand the need for attention

*edit* By the way, Dukes has been jumping on the Texans banswagon the past couple years. We failed, he bailed
Old 12-12-2011   #76
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Still major disrepect from NFL Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I was watching NFL Gameday Final on NFLN and they gave us plenty of credit. They showed highlights, celebration after the titan loss, a few players talk and McNair say a few words.

Count me in the group that doesn't understand the need for attention
I just want to watch the highlights, but apparently you had to be watching yesterday
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #77
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 265137 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Start with post #1 and go down the list in this thread. Make a little internal list of people who appear to have sand in their vaginas over this perceived lack disrespect. No need to name them, it's about numbers not opinions.

Now, got your number?

The closer it is to "76" (the post above mine as I type this) the more successful these people disrespecting the Texans are. They feed on attention. You're giving it to them. Why do you care what they think?
Old 12-12-2011   #78
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey who the hell cares what they think as long as we keep winning let them under-rate us I just want to go to the superbowl!!!!
Old 12-12-2011   #79
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
@jamiedukes HOP... Act like you been there Texans fans. You've been quiet as a church rat as your team has choked year after year. Now you act like you have Steeler tradition.
Wow! Guy is a complete tool.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #80
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Wow! Guy is a complete tool.
Dukes is a twit if that's an exact quote. The fact that we have suffered so long is *exactly* why we're so pumped up, I think. It's not always easy to "act like you've been there before" when, well, you've never been there before.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read