Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2011   #81
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Can I get a HELL YEAH?!?!?!?!?!
HELL YEAH! a

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #82
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: We just clinched the division

Division muffhugging champs!
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #83
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW what a Birthday present!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #84
Endcoachment
Rookie

Rep Power: 102 Endcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone should have a cup of Kool Aid today!
Endcoachment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #85
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I am hiding my remote to the DVR, so there is no chance it gets erased.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #86
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

EVERYBODY DANCE!!!!!!!

Old 12-11-2011   #87
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ummm, HECK Yea!!! lol
Old 12-11-2011   #88
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #89
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

andre johnson is gonna finally get to play in the playoffs

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #90
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

^
l
l
l
l
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #91
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

My wife and I were at the Galleria back when she and I went to the Raiders game this season.

Every sports store we went into acted like we were crazy for asking them for Texans jerseys (my wife needed one). They acted like they weren't even supposed to stock the home team's stuff.

It was the most bizarre thing. Even the Academy in Houston had NOTHING of use. A shelf at Wal-Mart had about four linear feet of Texans gear. My wife had to opt for a pink t-shirt with a Texans logo on it.

When we would ask people for Texans gear, they would give us the same blank stare. I said, "You guys gonna' see kiosks out in the center of the aisles when the Texans hit it big this year." The clerks I told this to, at every store, laughed at me. I shook my head and repeated it, and would walk off saying, "I'm telling' ya...you guys gonna' have a lot of this stuff once we hit it big. And you ain't got crap right now. Typical!"

I look back on that scene, how it happened over and over everywhere we went, and I think "It's been SO long since Houston has seen a true winner in the NFL, they don't even know how to believe in them anymore."

It takes moments like THIS for it to snap them to attention. But what's satisfying is how we all know that the people on this board always stuck with them and never stopped believing. We would get discouraged, we'd vent and we'd threaten to take our toys and go home. But we're here. We stayed. We kept on keepin' on, etc.

I didn't cry today. I cried when the Rockets won the first title vs. Knicks. This feels more like a huge EFF YOU! to me. Eff You to the Colts fans, Eff You to the Titans fans, Eff You to the Jags fans, Eff You to Michael Lombardi, Eff You to Vince Young, Eff You to Buf Adams, Eff You to every entity or person who ragged us out for these 10 years and STILL tried to drag us down this season even though we were clearly better than our divisional rivals.

I have some anger issues with it all, actually. If you couldn't tell. LOL.

It just feels 100% r-i-g-h-t that the Texans took over the AFC South this year. Nothing was given to us. It wasn't because #18 was missing for the year, either. It was clutch performances by every member of this team, and it was a culmination of hard work and faith by our whole team.

So I have chip on my shoulder about it. Even my friend from high school, he lives in Houston now, even that guy rags out the Texans. He even ragged out the Rockets saying it was only because Jordan wasn't in the NBA that year. To that guy, I'd like to send a double-rod salute right now. I'm sure he'll say it was because Peyton Jordan wasn't playing this year. See what I mean? Us Houston fans are never given any due credit or any significant love.

So I have this chip on my shoulder. Still. I hope the Texans have that chip on their shoulder the remaining 3 games too. Go out and just say EFF YOU! to the last three teams. Make them take their ass kicking and LIKE it, too.

That is all. [/rant]
Old 12-11-2011   #92
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Dex, get on that sig, man! 10 & 3!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #93
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
This also takes some of the pressure off of bring him back too soon.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #94
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

After watching out team lose on a last second TD, it sure was awesome winning on a last second TD. To top it off, The Tians lose and we win the Division.

Way to go Texans!!!!!!!

Do you believe in Miracles?
Old 12-11-2011   #95
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
This also takes some of the pressure off of bring him back too soon.
This is huge in my opinion! Andre needs to be 100% for the playoffs.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #96
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 376 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
My wife and I were at the Galleria back when she and I went to the Raiders game this season.

Every sports store we went into acted like we were crazy for asking them for Texans jerseys (my wife needed one). They acted like they weren't even supposed to stock the home team's stuff.

It was the most bizarre thing. Even the Academy in Houston had NOTHING of use. A shelf at Wal-Mart had about four linear feet of Texans gear. My wife had to opt for a pink t-shirt with a Texans logo on it.

When we would ask people for Texans gear, they would give us the same blank stare. I said, "You guys gonna' see kiosks out in the center of the aisles when the Texans hit it big this year." The clerks I told this to, at every store, laughed at me. I shook my head and repeated it, and would walk off saying, "I'm telling' ya...you guys gonna' have a lot of this stuff once we hit it big. And you ain't got crap right now. Typical!"

I look back on that scene, how it happened over and over everywhere we went, and I think "It's been SO long since Houston has seen a true winner in the NFL, they don't even know how to believe in them anymore."

It takes moments like THIS for it to snap them to attention. But what's satisfying is how we all know that the people on this board always stuck with them and never stopped believing. We would get discouraged, we'd vent and we'd threaten to take our toys and go home. But we're here. We stayed. We kept on keepin' on, etc.

I didn't cry today. I cried when the Rockets won the first title vs. Knicks. This feels more like a huge EFF YOU! to me. Eff You to the Colts fans, Eff You to the Titans fans, Eff You to the Jags fans, Eff You to Michael Lombardi, Eff You to Vince Young, Eff You to Buf Adams, Eff You to every entity or person who ragged us out for these 10 years and STILL tried to drag us down this season even though we were clearly better than our divisional rivals.

I have some anger issues with it all, actually. If you couldn't tell. LOL.

It just feels 100% r-i-g-h-t that the Texans took over the AFC South this year. Nothing was given to us. It wasn't because #18 was missing for the year, either. It was clutch performances by every member of this team, and it was a culmination of hard work and faith by our whole team.

So I have chip on my shoulder about it. Even my friend from high school, he lives in Houston now, even that guy rags out the Texans. He even ragged out the Rockets saying it was only because Jordan wasn't in the NBA that year. To that guy, I'd like to send a double-rod salute right now. I'm sure he'll say it was because Peyton Jordan wasn't playing this year. See what I mean? Us Houston fans are never given any due credit or any significant love.

So I have this chip on my shoulder. Still. I hope the Texans have that chip on their shoulder the remaining 3 games too. Go out and just say EFF YOU! to the last three teams. Make them take their ass kicking and LIKE it, too.

That is all. [/rant]
Hear Hear Repped.
Old 12-11-2011   #97
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 270 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

Congratulations to the Texans & Saints on their respective wins today!

TJ Yates was impressive on the game winning TD!
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #98
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post

Speaking of Andre

NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
Andre Johnson got a game ball from Kubiak in the locker room. Has been with the #Texans since '03, their 2nd season

Brought a tear to my eye
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #99
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
Speaking of Andre

NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
Andre Johnson got a game ball from Kubiak in the locker room. Has been with the #Texans since '03, their 2nd season

Brought a tear to my eye
For all the hate Kubiak gets this was ALL class.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #100
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10016 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Texan just won the AFC South and now I'm going to get some GD Torchy's!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read