Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2011   #41
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A couple Kubiak errors...

The bottom line is the team finds a way to win. The Bengals kept having to kick field goals and it allowed us to stay close. We didn't deserve to win this game but the guys stayed with it and made huge plays when it mattered most.
Old 12-11-2011   #42
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
The bottom line is the team finds a way to win. The Bengals kept having to kick field goals and it allowed us to stay close. We didn't deserve to win this game but the guys stayed with it and made huge plays when it mattered most.
Yeah , kinda reminds you of the Aints game earlier in the year ..... with the Texans being held to FG's and the Aints making plays when it mattered most.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #43
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't mind the call to go for it on 4th and 2, but the playcalling at that point left a lot to be desired.

I'm ok with Kubes throwing the red flag on the Foster play.

What generated the most head scratching was not having Foster on the field inside the red zone. That's just stupid.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #44
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2895 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
doubt it, solid play call regardless of outcome. kubiak builds all season for plays like that. we set up a run that we've used before near the goalline and gave the kid an easy to see route combination. if it ends up a pick folks would raise hell, but that was a strong and well set up playcall.
My point is majority of fans won't think it would be solid playcalling if it fails.

You honestly believe if that resulted in a Safety that fans will state "man that was solid play calling, too bad we didn't execute" over "everyone knows in that situation you have to run it out of the endzone, especially with a rookie qb in his second game."

My major point is that hindsight is 20/20 and people will always question playcalling if it fails.
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #45
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about the general, unintelligent public but it's fairly easy to declare something a good or bad call regardless of whether it fails or succeeds.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #46
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
I thought that was a solid challenge. Didn't seem like Foster had possession and he simply bobbled it. He never cradled the ball in.
Homerism at its finest. That play boggled my mind, I thought for sure it was an incomplete pass. upon replay it was a clear catch and fumble. And I'm a diehard Texans fan.
Old 12-11-2011   #47
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2895 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Homerism at its finest. That play boggled my mind, I thought for sure it was an incomplete pass. upon replay it was a clear catch and fumble. And I'm a diehard Texans fan.
Idiocracy at its finest

It was a valid challenge...I've seen hits laid out in which the the receiver held the ball longer than foster called for incomplete passes. He barely had time to plant his feet when the db already had knocked it out of his hands.

The one play where Joseph laid a hard hit on a receiver, the receiver held the ball much longer (not in this game, but another) and that was called an incomplete.

Homerism my ass. If this was between two other random teams my thought would still be the same regardless of who I was cheering for. Don't be an *****.

You goto the bungles forum and they don't even believe its a fumble.
Why not shut your face.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ans-Hot-fumble

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread...=91425&page=40
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2011   #48
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We may not have "deserved to win this game" but we did and I'll take it! I know the Cincy fans and team are feeling terrible after the loss but believe me, with the way the Texans luck has been the past 10 years and the Oilers before that, it's about time we started having the luck go our way for a change. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #49
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

This isn't necessarily a Kubiak error, but....

For the love of everything that is pure in this world, can we please coach every return guy to take a knee in the endzone?

I want to chart all of our kick returns, but I'm willing to bet 80% of the time when we come out of the endzone we are starting at best at the 15. Take the knee and start at the 20. We don't have anyone that is capable of making a big kickoff return. They give the return stats based on where the player catches it in the endzone. If they are 8 yards deep and run it out to the 15 they count that as a 23 yard return. Excuse me? You should only get credit for the yards with hashmarks.

Too many bad things can happen when we bring it out. We had a fumble today that luckily was recovered by us. We've had blocks in the back pushing us back even more.

Maybe this isn't the right place to vent about this, but it bothers me every week.
Old 12-12-2011   #50
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
This isn't necessarily a Kubiak error, but....

For the love of everything that is pure in this world, can we please coach every return guy to take a knee in the endzone?

I want to chart all of our kick returns, but I'm willing to bet 80% of the time when we come out of the endzone we are starting at best at the 15. Take the knee and start at the 20. We don't have anyone that is capable of making a big kickoff return. They give the return stats based on where the player catches it in the endzone. If they are 8 yards deep and run it out to the 15 they count that as a 23 yard return. Excuse me? You should only get credit for the yards with hashmarks.

Too many bad things can happen when we bring it out. We had a fumble today that luckily was recovered by us. We've had blocks in the back pushing us back even more.

Maybe this isn't the right place to vent about this, but it bothers me every week.
McManis was ..... pathetic , they switched to Demps and he made the only decent return of the day ..... out to the 27 I believe. So we werent the only people to notice the lack of production there.

I dont care if its the right place or not , you make a solid point.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #51
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i really hope manning is 100% by the playoffs, because i expect (and we'll need) him to take kick return duties. dude is all world back there and that field position very well may win a game.
Old 12-12-2011   #52
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The reason the 4th and 2 call was a bad decision was not because Kubiak decided to go for it but because his decision to have Neil Rackers on this team without bringing any more healthy competition. Kubiak was forced to go for it on that 4th and 2 because we were on the road and Rackers continues to miss makeable FGs like the one prior to that 4ht and 2 call.

Also, let's give credit where credit is due. Kubiak called a hell of a play on that last TD. When you see how Walter intentionally went under the TE routes....damn that was a good call.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
My point is majority of fans won't think it would be solid playcalling if it fails.

You honestly believe if that resulted in a Safety that fans will state "man that was solid play calling, too bad we didn't execute" over "everyone knows in that situation you have to run it out of the endzone, especially with a rookie qb in his second game."

My major point is that hindsight is 20/20 and people will always question playcalling if it fails.
It's only great play-calling if it works. If they know what we're doing, if we are that predictable, then it is not "great play-calling"

Keeping them on their heels, staying with what our team can confidently execute, not asking them to do things they are not built/capable of doing (slamming it up the middle)... that's great play-calling.
Old 12-12-2011   #54
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Wooooo!!
LMFAO TK!!! There seems to be a theme to your recent posts!!
Old 12-12-2011   #55
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Uh oh check out rhyme master sakebomb!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #56
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
It may have a little to do with homerism, but honestly anyone who is an NFL fan has seen plays like that overturned time and time again... I was kind of in between seeing it live, and just assumed it was a catch and fumble, but i went opposite of you after review... Right after his feet hit the ground, and before any football move was made, Foster was bobbling the ball... Many a time i've seen balls held longer than that ruled incomplete...

Lastly, all you had to do was pay attention to the ruling to know that 'in this case' it was a good challenge... "the ruling on the field stands!"... It was not "confirmed"! Most of the time it is overturned...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #57
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The Saints almost pissed me off....badly

*A HOU-TEX random thought*
Old 12-12-2011   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

I love my pink silky thong!

*ANOTHER HOU-TEX random thought*
Old 12-12-2011   #59
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I love my pink silky thong!

*ANOTHER HOU-TEX random thought*
I wipe my ass forward

Signed,

TB
Old 12-12-2011   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

I was impressed with the Titans' defense & Jake Locker. It's going to be a good game Jan 1

Did you see how WTF Open (Wide the F@#$) Walter was on that last play?

That's freak'n beautiful coaching. Beautiful play call. That defense (top 5??) got beat so bad.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read