Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2011   #21
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A couple Kubiak errors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
This thread was made before the start of the two-minute drill. Did you read
all my posts first?
does'nt matter when it was made I still don't agree with either thing you said. My opinion of plays like that does not change depending on whether we win or lose. I thought they were good decisions by Kubiak when they happened you thought they were bad decisions. Thats what the main point of my post was about.
Old 12-11-2011   #22
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
I thought that was a solid challenge. Didn't seem like Foster had possession and he simply bobbled it. He never cradled the ball in.
The last view of it they showed , from behind the play gave a clear view and Foster never had possession .... Should have been an incomplet pass.

Tough call for the officials to overturn tho since it was ruled a catch and fumble on the field.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
surely didn't help today.

The 4 and 2 call, and the bad challenge were serious blows to this game.
I was OK with the 4th down call .... being down two scores late , you have to take some chances. Having the best defense in the league to lean on should you not make it .... makes the decision easy.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 12-11-2011   #24
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I will say the yates sprint on a 3rd down run was really good
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #25
beast80
Rookie

When Kubiak doesn''t take go for it on 4th down, "he's too conservative", when Kubiak goes for it on 4th down, "what a stupid call", surely its only a smart call when it works but you can't have it both way. I had no problem with that call and I thought for sure that was an incomplete by Foster just like last week was an incomplete by Yates.
beast80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #26
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is the first time the Texans have won a game while f-ing up for 4
quarters. I don't make ANY predictions, and my expectations for a loss
are more than supported by evidence on record. That being sad, I'm
damn glad to be wrong!
somebody didnt watch the redskins/chiefs games last yr

Quote:
What's worse, is you're attacking me with hindsight. Why you wanna
act brand new?

ha so its fine for you to attack kubiak in hindsight but if anybody then does it to you, you get your panties in a bunch

the challenge was a good one. the 4th down play was bad only because IN HINDSIGHT it didnt work
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #27
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

for this thread on this day.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2011   #28
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
for this thread on this day.
Agree and Dex hasn't updated his sig yet...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #29
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I thought that was a good challenge. I personally didn't think Foster had it long enough for it to be a legit catch. It could have easily gone either way.

Going for the 4th and 2 was a good call (imo) because they were just outside the brink of Rackers FG range. Get it there and you should be at least getting three points that drive. It obviously didn't work, and the fumble caused Houston to lose about twenty yards on that play.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #30
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Agree and Dex hasn't updated his sig yet...
If you knew that 9+3 = 12, then you'd also know why my sig doesn't need
to be "updated."
Old 12-11-2011   #31
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Meh , how bout giving Kubiak some credit for the play design on the TD ..... Walter was ..... Wide Open.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 12-11-2011   #32
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i didnt like the 4th down call either. i'm 50/50 on going for it, but i thought kubiak made a very poor call by putting his rookie in that position. if you're going to go for a 4th and 2 you either run it or get your young quarterback out of the pocket. a 5 step drop on 4th down is trouble, and not something to expose your rookie quarterback to, especially against such a good defense.

the challenge was a good one, foster had "possession" for a fraction of a second and didnt come anywhere close to a "football move" before the ball came out.

also, as one of the ultimate kubiak homers myself, i think these are valid points - folks need to stop being so dang quick to jump on dex.
Old 12-11-2011   #33
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Win or lose, doesn't change the fact that the challenge was a good challenge, he didn't have it all of the way, no football move etc... Then the play after the failed challenge we saw an excellent play called...

The 4th down call? Bleh, it was what it was... Maybe not the best call for that down, i would have liked a roll-out and at least give Yates a chance with his legs if nothing else...

And to hit at it again, what does it matter if this post was made because one thought they'd lose? It's the risk you take trying to call your shot...the plate was made, he's a big boy and will have to eat it...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #34
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1427 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Meh , how bout giving Kubiak some credit for the play design on the TD ..... Walter was ..... Wide Open.
absolutely! kubiak knew the defense would be keying on daniels, who perfectly executed the pick, blocking the linebacker exactly 5 yards past the line before making his cut and drawing in the other linebacker. great call, and clearly a team that was very well-prepared to run it.

just as good to me, if not better, was the yates QB keeper on 3rd and 4 on the drive that ended with the 4th and 2. such a magnificent play call that i almost wished they'd have saved it for the playoffs.
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #35
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2895 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember the first play right after the interception where we were in our own endzone and Yates came out throwing?

If that play had failed, everyone would have jumped on Kubiak...but as was mentioned before, plays only look brilliant if executed well and bad if not.
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #36
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Remember the first play right after the interception where we were in our own endzone and Yates came out throwing?

If that play had failed, everyone would have jumped on Kubiak...but as was mentioned before, plays only look brilliant if executed well and bad if not.
doubt it, solid play call regardless of outcome. kubiak builds all season for plays like that. we set up a run that we've used before near the goalline and gave the kid an easy to see route combination. if it ends up a pick folks would raise hell, but that was a strong and well set up playcall.
Old 12-11-2011   #37
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is the first time the Texans have won a game while f-ing up for 4
quarters. I don't make ANY predictions, and my expectations for a loss
are more than supported by evidence on record. That being sad, I'm
damn glad to be wrong!
Time to change your sig to 10-3!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I was OK with the 4th down call .... being down two scores late , you have to take some chances. Having the best defense in the league to lean on should you not make it .... makes the decision easy.
Too much time on the clock. We could have got a field goal there & Rackets next field goal could've got us within three, where a field goal at the end could have tied it, instead of needing a td to win.

I dont like that call there. The challenge could have gone either way. I'd have let it go, thought the time out was too valuable, didn't think the replay was conclusive.
Old 12-11-2011   #39
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

As I recall, last week when TJ threw a pick six that was nulllified by D-Rob's holding, Kubes went to the air immediately on the next play. I think he's making it clear that he has confidence in his young QB. And let's face it -- at this point he has to...
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #40
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Imagine if we had actually lost this game! It'd be on Kubiak, not the 4 turnovers!
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read